PDA

View Full Version : Does it have a deeper story? [FFI]

Chris
07-14-2004, 11:55 PM
http://www.ifihada.com/robotics/images/c3po.jpg
I've always wondered if the robot in the waterfall cavern has a deeper story to it, personally I've always been mystified by it.
It kinda reminds me of the cartoon The Iron Giant, call me crazy but I always get excited whenever I go there.

Martyr
07-15-2004, 02:55 AM
The only thing that makes FF1 great is that it's so full of plot holes, most individual players have created their own original stories to explain how things work. Like why, exactly, that robot wound up flying through the air and crashing into the waterfall.
I don't have anything particularly well written out. I love reading FF1 fanfics, which is what this all boils down to, though.

So... What's your story?

Freya Coral
07-15-2004, 04:59 AM
The only thing that makes FF1 great is that it's so full of plot holes, most individual players have created their own original stories to explain how things work. Like why, exactly, that robot wound up flying through the air and crashing into the waterfall.
I don't have anything particularly well written out. I love reading FF1 fanfics, which is what this all boils down to, though.

So... What's your story?

Have you read The First Fantasy (http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/fanfic/first/firstfantasy.htm) ? Easily the best FF1 fanfic I have ever read-I loved it! The author came up with an excellent explanation of how the Airship wound up buried in the southern desert. It's quite long (30 chapters) but I suggest you read it because it's well worth the extra time it takes to read. :D

Martyr
07-15-2004, 05:31 AM
I did read that. It was awesome.

I may post my terribly long fanfic someday.
It's got a lot more to do with a great Garland Epic than the Light Warriors. I wrote a sequel about the Sky Warriors. A little different, I guess.

I also actually wrote a story about the actual story as it panned out, really developing the characters and all. It doesn't follow the storyline precisely, however, and there are also still problems with the finalization of the piece. If I find that there truly is a demand for FF1 fanfics here, then I'll post some of mine.

Note: Not that you need to know that I have the material. I don't really. I just have notes and very rough drafts. It'd only be easy to write something out, but I will have to write it. I can't just rip anything from the comp right now.

But I've looked at the writing forum and there doesn't seem to be much demand. Ya got, like, 10 entries a month, and most of it isn't all that great. Just people fishing for compliments with random junk, and other buffoons who call it good and influence the trend.
Of course, there's a lot of poetry, and I hate poetry whther it's bad or great. So I may be biased. It's real old so I won't revive the thread, but that angry elephant story was pretty funny. It wasn't an epic tale, but it was... funny. Goofy. Sure.
But, right. I don't see crowds screaming for stories or fanfics, and I'm not going to sit down and spend hours trying to write for the absence of an audience.

Who else reads and writes here?

Del Murder
07-17-2004, 06:39 AM
If you are interested in fan writing, you should chack out the Arts and Writing (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55) forum we have here. :D

Freya Coral
07-17-2004, 08:00 AM
I did read that. It was awesome.

I may post my terribly long fanfic someday.
It's got a lot more to do with a great Garland Epic than the Light Warriors. I wrote a sequel about the Sky Warriors. A little different, I guess.

I also actually wrote a story about the actual story as it panned out, really developing the characters and all. It doesn't follow the storyline precisely, however, and there are also still problems with the finalization of the piece. If I find that there truly is a demand for FF1 fanfics here, then I'll post some of mine.

Note: Not that you need to know that I have the material. I don't really. I just have notes and very rough drafts. It'd only be easy to write something out, but I will have to write it. I can't just rip anything from the comp right now.

Cool :D Love to read it! I have my own FF1 fanfic (albeit only partially done :( ) that I've been working on sporadically for about two years. Someday, if I ever get it done, I might post it in the writing forum. But as I said, I'd be willing to beta read your story if you want. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-17-2004, 08:33 AM
But Final Fantasy I DOES have a story! (http://nuklearpower.com/)

Martyr
07-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Yeah, but we like to make it deep. And with less blatant holes.

And I have looked at the writing forum at this site.