PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

kodai
07-15-2004, 01:53 AM
I haven't been able to find my ffix for a long time now, but the other day i found it.... i was wondering if it was good.... i asked a friend wat she thought and she said it was the worst of the ffs but she still enjoyed playing it.... o well kinda confususing.... n e was... is it worth it? :confused:

Bahamut2000X
07-15-2004, 03:23 AM
I say it is. Best of the Playstation ones to date in my opinion. It's nice how Square goes back to thier roots in it with a more fantasy world with some nice charcters and plot. It was one of my favorite FF's, especially as a old school FF gamer it makes you a bit nostalgic to play it and see some of the traditional things from the early FF's brought back.

A very enjoyable game I thought over all.

Ouch!
07-15-2004, 03:41 AM
Though I have not played every FF (I own them all and am playing through them), FFIX is by far my favorite. The combination of the older and newer elements made it very pleasing. It's references to the other games were amusing.

I can't really explain why I like it so much, I just do. It's definately worth a play through.

Sefie1999AD
07-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Great and deep storyline with themes concerning life and its purpose, death, existence and memories. A rich fantasy world with many fascinating species. Old-school elements from FF1-6 combined with some of the best PSX graphics and fantastic FMV sequences. Lots of welcome cameos and tributes to other Squaresoft games. Well done characters with great character development and realistic dialogue. One of the most realistic FF love stories that is based on friendship and supporting each other rather than just embracing in the airship or kissing around the lakes.

An excellent translation with rich language, with things like typos, grammar errors and Engrish being pretty much non-existent. A huge soundtrack with over 150 songs that perfectly fit to the medieval style of the game, not to mention over 30 songs have been fully orchestrated. Melodies of Life, the main theme and love theme of FFIX, is a very emotional theme with many great arrangements used in the game.

The battle system brings back 4 characters, which I find a lot more interesting than having only 3 characters. After a few FF games where you have a group of everyone being clones of each other that can do virtually everything, you get a system where everyone has a fixed class, so every character is an individual. No more having every character do 99,999 damage with each hit - now you must think more strategically when forming groups and fighting battles.

Yes, FFIX is definitely worth it.

nik0tine
07-15-2004, 10:09 AM
its worth it. totally. play it. it beats out most other games by a long shot (then again, all final fantasies do. except for x-2 of course)

SeeDRankLou
07-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes, buy it. It's not my favorite, but definately a good game.

Breine
07-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Yup, it's worth it. Final Fantasy IX is a great game... One of my favorited, by the way.

ShivaBlizzard8
07-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Definately give it a try. I had my doubts about it at first, seeing the screenshots and reading about the game, but once I began playing I couldn't put it down. Excellent storyline, surprisingly heartwarming characters, and interesting gameplay. I think 9 is one of the Playstation's better kept secrets.

Trumpet Thief
07-16-2004, 01:59 AM
As a Final Fantasy it is a good game. As a game standing alone, one of the best! Definetly get it unless you want to miss out on something good.

m4tt
07-16-2004, 03:18 AM
Yes, it is my second favorite next to FFVI. It is very worth it.

SpiritWolf
07-16-2004, 04:39 AM
In my opinion IX is the best Final Fantasy it is definatly worth it.

Armisael
07-16-2004, 07:45 AM
i agree with all of you.final fantasy ix is the best of the series and it surely worth it.

DJZen
07-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Why don't you play it and find out for yourself? I like it a lot.

Polyonymous
07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
FFIX is the best of them all, it has an awsome storyline and incredible gameplay. This game is definitly worth playing though more than once.

Blitzball Hooligan
08-22-2004, 03:53 AM
It's definitely worth it. The only real problem I had with the game is that the battles seem kind of slow compared to X and X-2. I got used to it though, and it didn't really hamper my enjoyment of the game at all.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-22-2004, 05:39 AM
FFIX is really really good, excellent

Takes gameplay from the old and mixes it with the graphics with the new

fro828
09-06-2004, 07:08 AM
amazing game. period.

Wuggly Blight
09-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Its worth a play, and it does have afew really good classic moments, you should play it at least once!

Lamia
09-14-2004, 01:53 AM
Final Fantasy 9 makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.

Zidane and Garnet are by far my favorite couple in FF history.

It's just overall great.

Starcrest
09-14-2004, 03:15 AM
i wouldn't say it is worth it, but it isn't worth it. It's a good game yeah, but not the best. but it is worth playing through it once or twice...

Trumpet Thief
09-14-2004, 03:27 AM
chaos: Check out my FFIX review if you want to hear my whole opinion.

Rubedo: We're just to lazy to copy-paste it here...