PDA

View Full Version : Huh? Whats with my Desktop?

TasteyPies
07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
In the upper right hand corner there is a black stripe with a small blue line going down in the left area of a stipe. It isn't a problem with my monitor because it goes away when a program covers it and it isn't a problem with the specific background because it happens with every single one I try. It also only works on my aco:bou::bou::bou::bou:, not my parent's. Soooo...does anyone know whats happening or how to fix it? It would make me happy if you do :D

eternalshiva
07-15-2004, 01:36 PM
umm... that looks like an image from the EoFF Main site ... the side column? O_O'' Arche would probably be able to answer your question, I'm just here to point out the obvious of what the image 'is' :P

TasteyPies
07-15-2004, 01:50 PM
umm... that looks like an image from the EoFF Main site ... the side column? O_O'' Arche would probably be able to answer your question, I'm just here to point out the obvious of what the image 'is' :P

I thought thats what it looked like.....

Am I spending so much time on EoFF that its turning my computer into it? lol

Yrkoon
07-16-2004, 02:56 AM
might just be the wall paper u have on desk top if its only on the desktop when the problem occurs try changing wall paper might work :P

m4tt
07-16-2004, 03:14 AM
might just be the wall paper u have on desk top if its only on the desktop when the problem occurs try changing wall paper might work :P

He said it wasn't the background because it's there with everyone that he tries. :p

Maybe you have some kind of program running?

crono_logical
07-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Try right clicking the desktop > properties > Desktop tab > Customize Desktop button > Web tab and untick/delete everything in there.

Baloki
07-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Try right clicking the desktop > properties > Desktop tab > Customize Desktop button > Web tab and untick/delete everything in there.

Hes using 98/me so you need to goto your desktop, right-click, propertites, Active Desktop, then make sure its off :D

Dr Unne
07-16-2004, 09:53 PM
It also only works on my aco:bou::bou::bou::bou:, not my parent's.

Delete your profile and make a new one.

crono_logical
07-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Hes using 98/me so you need to goto your desktop, right-click, propertites, Active Desktop, then make sure its off :DI wasn't aware of Win98 having the chunky green Start button by default, or the hidden tooltray icon option, if you looked at the screenshot :p

Baloki
07-16-2004, 10:29 PM
I wasn't aware of Win98 having the chunky green Start button by default, or the hidden tooltray icon option, if you looked at the screenshot :p

opps, I was confused by the non-see through text under the icons, but that does mean hes got web features on, you win this time Gadget, THIS TIMEEE!!!!!