PDA

View Full Version : A list of races please!

White Raven
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I know this may sound odd, but could you all list all the races in every FF game ever created. I would like to see which races are from which games and which ones intertwin with each other.

If you could only name a few, that's alright too. :)

TasteyPies
07-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I can name more but....there is only one I want to

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOOMBAS! :moomba:

The sexy ff8 beast

Big D
07-16-2004, 02:24 AM
I'll limit my list to include only sentient species.
Here are the ones from the games I've played...

FFIV: Lunarians, Summons.

FFV: Moogles, werewolves.

FFVI: Espers, werewolves, sasquatch, imps.

FFVII: Cetra, AKA "the Ancients"; Red XIII's tribe; "Toysaurus" (apparently intelligent robot animals).

FFVIII: Moombas (as gleefully mentioned by Mr Pies), Shumi, Guardian Forces.

FFIX: Genomes, Burmecians/Cleyrans, Black Mages, fish people, hippo people, green-furred conical people, moogles, demi-human rodentoid people (e.g. Baku, Dr Tot).

FFX: Hypello, Guado, Ronso. (Al Bhed are simply a sub-group of humans, so I don't count them as a different race).

FFX-2: Same as above, with the addition of Cactuars and, more significantly, Cactuar Mothers.

Certain I've missed a few, but I'm sure those gaps'll get filled by others. I'll add later any that I know I've missed.

-N-
07-16-2004, 04:12 AM
FFI: Those Supremes that built the Floating Castle? Elves. Dwarves. Mermaids. Dr. Unnes.

Cz
07-16-2004, 04:56 PM
To add to Big D's list, FFIX had dwarves, FFVI had a few moogles, FFI dragons, and a couple of games have contained chocobos that could be considered a race, rather than a creature (FFIX, for example, has them inhabit their own island 'Chocobo's Paradise').

black orb
07-17-2004, 01:12 AM
>>> FF1 had fairies too..

DJZen
07-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Hume, Elvaan, Taru-Taru, Mithra and Galka are all from FFXI. FFTA had Humans, Moogles, Nou Mou, Vierra, and Bangaa. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals had tribes which may or may not be different races. These were Clavat, Selkie, Yuke and Lilty. FFII had humans for the most part, but it also had dragons and...... BEAVERS! I know FFIII had some different races, but I can't remember what they were. I think one of them was Liliputians, but don't quote me on that. Also, FFIV had a weird cat-like specie that posessed the ability to change everyone's memory of your name.

Rase
07-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Also, FFIV had a weird cat-like specie that posessed the ability to change everyone's memory of your name.

You mean the Namingway/Hummingway?