PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy X-3?

XTREME
07-15-2004, 08:48 PM
what's everybody's opinion on a final fantasy X-3? I think that if it's done right it could be a good game. and if it's done what should the story be?

Trumpet Thief
07-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Not X-3!!! Heck, I used to hate FFX-2, but now I think it's a so-so game, but it made me hate FFX which is actually a great game IMO. One sequel was more than enough.

Not be rude or anything though. Just hate the idea of X-3.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
If there was a X-3, I would have it have completely different characters, and Have it take place 1000 years after the events of X and X-2, eg: Zanarkand was rebuilt, and all the religious nonsense died down, there are plenty of airships you can use as a ferry to get from place to place, and all of the temples are now ruins that you can explore etc.. (I can go on all day...)

TasteyPies
07-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Why? why would square make an x-3? naw...they won't

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2004, 10:13 PM
No X3! I repeat: NO X3!!!!!!!

Big D
07-15-2004, 10:46 PM
There were plans for a X-3, but those plans have been abandoned.
The game was going to come in two forms - one with Yuna as the main character, the other starring Rikku. However, Square-Enix gave up on all ideas for continuing the FFX franchise.

SeeDRankLou
07-15-2004, 10:48 PM
As much as I liked the idea of a sequel to FFX, and as good a job as they did with FFX-2, I think FFX-3 is a bad idea. The story has gone on enough, and I for one want a new game, new story, ect ect. They are already doing sequel stuff with FFVII, so I don't think they Square should make themselves in the business of making sequels over making original games.

Dragoon Kain
07-15-2004, 10:52 PM
if they made a x3 i would like to see it with ject braska and aurons pilgramedge

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-16-2004, 12:04 AM
ok i know the idea of making an X-3 isnt that good and already confirmed its not gonna happen...but if it were to be made....i hope its like a prequel....a further depth into the characters and i would wanna see visually how they beated sin and how the final summoning looked like (i know they explained it in 10 but i wanna see how it looked like)...

so i guess if it were to happen.....it would make a full in depth insight into the characters in 10 and possibly spiras history....(without listening to that old guys mumble in x2)

square_is_the_best
07-16-2004, 12:34 AM
They were gonna make a X-3 but they abandoned it. I knew I couldn't have been THAT lucky.

Carnage
07-16-2004, 03:26 AM
Final fantasy X-zero before ten. :cool:

metCloud
07-16-2004, 04:05 AM
if they made a x3 i would like to see it with ject braska and aurons pilgramedge

That could be cool! Although I dont think there should ever be a X-3 either.

chichi
07-16-2004, 09:00 AM
I would LOVE if they made x-3, though i'm sure a lot of people would hate it. I would love to see more of Yuna and Tidus, or a more in depth look at Paines history and friendship with Nooj, Gippal and Baralai, Spiras further development and yes, I too would love to see more of Jecht, Auron and Braskas pilgrimage.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-17-2004, 06:12 AM
Final Fantasy X-2 was a complete joke. ( I mean that in a bad way ^_^; )

No FFX-3, thank you.

Rusty
07-17-2004, 01:31 PM
How could they really make a sequel to X-2? Didn't X-2 have multiple endings? So there could be multiple sequels to continue on with the each ending. Unless of course, they just stuck went on from the "perfect ending" and did a sequel from that. But then that'd just make it a little confusing for those who hadn't seen the "perfect ending" in X-2 and, they'd have to play X-2 and try and get the "perfect ending" to really understand X-3.

:)

square_is_the_best
07-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Umm...not to be rude or anything....so? Make them get the perfect ending.

Del Murder
07-17-2004, 05:50 PM
That would be interesting. Another sequel would be stupid, though.

Triple T
07-17-2004, 07:37 PM

That's be FFX-0 >_>.

Well, I wouldn't want it... FFX-2 is my favorite FFX and if it would've been Braska, Auron and Jecht I wouldn't want to see them in bikinis. xD

Rusty
07-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Umm...not to be rude or anything....so? Make them get the perfect ending.

Nah I didnt think you were rude, I was just thinking out loud :)

The Shoeless Hobo
07-18-2004, 09:01 AM
How could they really make a sequel to X-2? Didn't X-2 have multiple endings? So there could be multiple sequels to continue on with the each ending. Unless of course, they just stuck went on from the "perfect ending" and did a sequel from that. But then that'd just make it a little confusing for those who hadn't seen the "perfect ending" in X-2 and, they'd have to play X-2 and try and get the "perfect ending" to really understand X-3.

Maybe in and FFX-3, you'd have to import your save from FFX-2.

Mo-Nercy
07-18-2004, 10:02 AM
But..I know how it ends.

And it'll be pretty much the same storyline as FFX with different characters. Summoner goes on pilgramage. Summoner finds new friend who claims to be from Zanarkand. New friend learns about Spira and Sin as they journey. Yay.

Giga Guess
07-27-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't think 1000 years would really be necessary. Just the next generation. Yuna's kid, Wakka and Lulu's kid, base a party around that. As for plot, no idea.

On the other hand, I liked how FFX-2 ended. I don't think I'd want anything to mess that up.

eternalshiva
07-28-2004, 11:09 AM
FFX-3 was supposed to be about Rikku but the idea got scrapped after the release of FFX-2, the other FF were taking up a lot of time and attention. And I'm not kidding. So they brought out FFX-2 International instead with an added dungeon and new dresspheres that North Americans will NEVER be able to see unless you get an import >< Boo!

Carnage
07-28-2004, 11:53 PM
But..I know how it ends.

And it'll be pretty much the same storyline as FFX with different characters. Summoner goes on pilgramage. Summoner finds new friend who claims to be from Zanarkand. New friend learns about Spira and Sin as they journey. Yay.

True just 10 over again. how bout shuyin lenne, and some other people

zacks_clone
07-29-2004, 12:32 AM
True just 10 over again. how bout shuyin lenne, and some other people

unmakred spoilers...

Shuyin goes mad and Lenne trys to stop him and tada-They got shot. The end. There wasnt much of an actually story there. Save for Shuyins going mad and awakening Vegnagun.

And a stroy with Jetch,Braska,and Auron wouldnt float to long either.

I think SE decided Yuna has saved the world from destruction twice, its time to let her retire. So no more games with Yuna. :: prays ::

If it was to star their offspring...O.o....I dont think i'd play it. "Oh look.17 years later, their kids need to save the world!WOO!"...Nope, dont think so.To much saving the world from the brink of destruction for me.

Rostum
07-29-2004, 02:05 AM
I'd rather wait for FFXII.

Yunaffx-2Shrine
08-07-2004, 04:19 PM
I'd love FFX-3!!! I want to know what happens to them all. Like the Yuna and Tidus love story. What happens to Rikku , paine , gippal , nooj, baralai. I mean loads of people are dissing it but i think it would be a good way for everyone else to find out what happens next!!

Dark Songstress
08-11-2004, 08:22 PM
they were planning it 1 year ago when FFX-2 came out in Japan, so they may have it out sometime this or next year in Japan. rumors said that FFX-3 was gonna tell Rikku story and her as the main character. I think if there is a FFX-3, I think it would be out in 2006

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 12:05 AM
But lest I'm mistaken, it got kiboshed. I could be mistaken, too.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-12-2004, 01:00 AM
I don't think 1000 years would really be necessary. Just the next generation. Yuna's kid, Wakka and Lulu's kid, base a party around that. As for plot, no idea.

On the other hand, I liked how FFX-2 ended. I don't think I'd want anything to mess that up.

At least someone paid attention to my idea! =)

but it could be

Tidus and Yuna's kid
Wakka and Lulu's kid
Nooj
Paine
New Character
Auron
Rikku
and Cid II

Carnage
08-12-2004, 01:25 AM
I'd love FFX-3!!! I want to know what happens to them all. Like the Yuna and Tidus love story. What happens to Rikku , paine , gippal , nooj, baralai. I mean loads of people are dissing it but i think it would be a good way for everyone else to find out what happens next!!

I really only played X-2 to see if tidus came back. But then i decided if i was gonna play it i was gonna complete it. Completely.

12-16-2004, 12:19 AM
i wouldnt want to make a whole other game after ffx-2, but i just want to know what happens to tidus and yuna and spira and stuff.

YunaGirl05
12-16-2004, 12:21 AM
I'd play it. but if it was saveing Sprira it would be kinda weird because they have already saved spira twice. and Tidus would have to be in it. or i would be mad.

Dking'squeen
12-16-2004, 01:06 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh PLEASE no
Not another one!
Not again!
I liked X-2
Don't screw it up, please!!!!!!!
If they came out with another one, although i don't know why, i don't know what the point would be?
Spira has been saved
What else could you do? Cause trouble and stop it?
That's just me though
I'd like to see a comeback of the dress spheres though

Jpae33
12-16-2004, 05:56 AM
i think they should make x-3. i liked x and x-2 a lot.

Yuffie514
12-16-2004, 06:48 AM
i don't know if it might sound like a good idea to others, but what if an FFX-3 IS in the making, but it's a prequel, dating back to the story of Auron, Braska, and Jecht.

yunaishot
12-16-2004, 09:14 PM
[COLOR=Red][B]They should make a ffX-3 and it should be with Yuna finding Tidus...

12-17-2004, 03:25 AM
how about all of a sudden yuna realizes she is a dream and disappears and tidus starts a group called the gullwings x to find her.

Dking'squeen
12-17-2004, 03:28 AM
i don't know if it might sound like a good idea to others, but what if an FFX-3 IS in the making, but it's a prequel, dating back to the story of Auron, Braska, and Jecht.

*faints* *wakes up* still in the making? *kills self*
I don't KNOW!!!! Why must Square mess up good things? We love them, but don't overdo it sweeties *pats Square's shoulder*

how about all of a sudden yuna realizes she is a dream and disappears and tidus starts a group called the gullwings x to find her.

I simply wouldn't buy it
I'd get a friend to buy it and borrow it
that sucks..that would suck
What if Tidus and brother get into a fight over Yuna?

12-17-2004, 04:21 AM
yeah, i was kidding.

Ryth
12-19-2004, 03:24 AM
No it is a bad idea I liked FFX-2 though and FFX was great but enough the FFX thing is over that's how it should be.

rupture
12-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I really dislike X-2. It was too aimed at female audiences and the "you scored...!" was just annoying as hell. The only way I'd play a 3rd installment (even though it's not going to be created) is if it were more related to Shuyin and Lenne - as in you played one of them. They were the only reason I found X-2 interresting at all.

12-20-2004, 10:54 PM
i think it was more aimed at teenage guys. why would their clothes be so revealing, and dont forget the hot spring scene. but i guess it was a girly game kind of.

Dking'squeen
12-20-2004, 10:57 PM
i think it was more aimed at teenage guys. why would their clothes be so revealing, and dont forget the hot spring scene. but i guess it was a girly game kind of.

I liked those clothes and that scene *remembers clothes and scenes* excuse me for a moment

SadisticStreetSoldie
12-21-2004, 12:51 AM
I thought it was aimed at all teenagers I know it certainly appealed to me (a 15 year old girl). I thought X-2 was cool because it's not everyday you get to see an all-teenage female cast save the world and kick ass...okay I admit I have not gotten through Chapter 1 yet but from what I've played so far I like it even though the dialouge and storyline are totally weak. X-3 would be a good idea but only if it was based around new, exciting characters like Wakka and Lulu's kid or something because the thought of playing Yuna yet again will just make me scream, "Oh good Lord NO! I've got to terminate the people at Square"

Yuna1983
12-31-2004, 06:40 AM
I really want them to make another. That would be so awesome! :P

KamiTidus
01-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Yea yea, people stopped posting over two weeks ago I know but hey, I have something to say about an X-3. And for the people saying "NOOOOOO" I have one thing to say, thats dissing square -.-; Although Square has messed up before, after making X and X-2 they would not and could not mess up X-3 for the simple fact that if they did, they'd lose alot of fans. Number two is, if you people would realize that the complete Final Fantasy series (excluding FFXI:Online) they are all love stories, and at the end of X-2 if you take note, they are only assuming Tidus is real, not for sure. So therefore, there is more than enough potential for an X-3 and if they used that for their start, I'm 99% sure that owning X through X-3 and playing them all in a row (unless you know the stories well) it would make one huge love story that everyone could enjoy. Quite honestly, Square has always had that element of surprise witht heir "abandoning plans" thing. Then later on it comes out anyways. At first the X-2 project was abandoned too...but look, it came didnt it =)

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 10:19 PM
yes anyway......

i'd quite like to see a continuation of shinra's idea:-

quite close to the end of the game, right before you go down into one of the temples to get to the final boss you can speak to shinra and he says something about his research and what he wants to do

he says something about discovering a new energy source in the planet and being able to harness it.

i think this is inching very very close to the storyline of ff7 (even moreso because it's shinra who says this) and it may just be an in-joke or reference on square-enix's part but could be foreshadowing the future of spira. i may be way off the mark here, what do you think?

redxiiii
01-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I think they should bring out blitzball 2005 like fifa or pro evo

SilverPhoenix42
02-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Wow. Fireball's idea is really neat! I never thought of it that way, although I did find it absolutely hilarious throught the entire game about Shinra's name. Maybe I'm just really weird...

Mirage
02-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Zomg. Idea.
17 years later, Shinra started sucking Spira dry with his new invention. The kids of Tidus/Yuna and Wakka/Lulu and some others need to go kill Shinra. Just too bad that would be recycling half of FFVII's story.

Destai
02-01-2005, 04:57 PM
The only way Id play X-3(very relieved to hear its been scrapped) is if they carried on with the scene at the end that was connected to VII. Its meant to be either 1,000 or 2,000 years later that VII takes place after X-2. Its not official whether its the same planet or a new one. The other connections to VII was in the bevelle underground. The scene with the chains connected to that large platform was meant to look like Midgar. The other connection was Rin if you set it up so that he caused the mihen highroad incident. But the main inentional connection was Shinras planet energy theory.

I Don't Need A Name
02-01-2005, 05:04 PM
YEA the only way i fink it would work is that if they did that prequal!

oxo rockerchick oxo
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM

That'd be so awsome... I'd be like yay! and happy. I always wondered what happened in Aurons past... well... more than they told us in 10 anyway... I'd like it to be with X-2's battle system... It's crazy and fun! Everyone's doing something different at once...

apassingdream12
08-26-2006, 05:04 PM
i wouldnt mind another FFX people would buy it anyway i think it should take place a few yrs after ffx-2 in the beggining it should show tidus and yuna getting married and they should accually say his NAME i dont know why they never did in FFX-2 i understand FFX sence u could chose his name but still. they should also have kids with wakkas kid grown up still. even peolpe who dont want another sequal would buy it im all 4 it