PDA

View Full Version : The "Where Would You Live?" Thread.

Rainecloud
07-15-2004, 10:18 PM
The "Where Would You Live?" thread makes a grand comeback. The last one of these was a fair few months ago now, and it went down pretty well with you forum members. So, without further delay, would you rather live in...

[Note: The reading of my stupid descriptions is completely optional]

I) The Lonely Mountain?
The weather is cold and the snow seems endless, but you're nice and cosy in your little cave. You're isolated - completely cut-off from human contact, and you can't get a signal bar on your mobile phone. But you can still play "Snake"...

II) The Busy City?
Pollution fills the air, and your house is tiny. However, shops are almost everywhere, and you can order any sort of takeaway you like from the local restaurants. All your friends live nearby, and there's never a dull moment. However, the allergies you suffer from (due to the pollution) make it difficult for you to sleep at night...

III) The Quiet Cove?
You feel nice and cosy in your little cove, but it can get a little wet when the tide comes in. Nobody knows you live in the house near the beach, and you're never bothered by door-to-door salesmen or those damned charities. There are a few shops nearby, but nothing extravagant. Sometimes you may begin to feel lonely...

IV) The Spooky Castle?
A Transylvanian Castle is your personal choice of dwelling. You have your own personal four-poster bed, and the amount of land you own is astonishing. However, your heating bills are extraordinarily high, nobody comes to visit, the place is haunted by an evil ghost and you can't get broadband internet...

V) The Green Forest?
You live deep in the green forest. You search for nuts all day with the Squirrels, and you have a nice log cabin with a roaring flame. You toast marshmellows on your fire, watch birds sing and generally prance around like a happy, magical elf. However, you are completely isolated from humanity... (and again, there's no broadband)

VI) The Abandoned Arcade?
The Arcade has been abandoned for years, and the coin-ops still work (and you can keep inserting the same coin over and over again to play). You love playing Golden Axe, Street Fighter II, Frogger and Killer Instinct all day long, but the loneliness gets to you sometimes. The radioactive explosion that killed the rest of the city also affects your health in numerous ways...

So, which one of those would you choose to live in, and why?

Trumpet Thief
07-15-2004, 10:21 PM
I would live in the Lonely Mountain, just to be isolated, 'cause sometimes it's better to be alone. That and the fact that none of the other areas are anything like me.

Chaos
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
You say you can't get broadband in the forest?
I take it you can still get 56k?

I'd go with the forest. I like forests.

Chaos

kikimm
07-15-2004, 10:24 PM
The Busy City. I don't like going for that one, but I need people around me, or else i think i'd go crazy. as long as i have my friends, i think i could do it. Although i already have horrible allergies already....great.;)

I was tempte to go for the forest, but there's no one there....darn. i like being outside so much better.

:D

Levian
07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
I'll take the haunted mansion, please. I love old large buildings. And if I got lonely, I'd drive into the city or to friends. I'd probably invite people to parties at my place quite often too. If that wasn't possible I'd easily choose the city. I don't like being lonely.

oh and haunted mansions have secret rooms and cemetaries. :) I've always liked playing "dig up your ancestors".

Kirobaito
07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Aw, there's no pleasant country house. :( Or anything like that, really.

I guess I'd take The Quiet Cove, then.

metCloud
07-15-2004, 10:27 PM
I would like the Arcade, but I pick the spooky castle because it would suit me more.

Rainecloud
07-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Aw, there's no pleasant country house. :( Or anything like that, really.

I try to change the areas each time I start this thread, just to keep it fresh.

:\

Logan
07-15-2004, 11:01 PM
The Busy City because it seems busy plus my friends live near me.

nik0tine
07-15-2004, 11:07 PM
probably the busy city, if it were a cool city like new york city. my friends and i could go to cbgb's. if tahts the case im definetly all for the city.

Rase
07-15-2004, 11:10 PM
The Busy City, but only because I need my friends.

If I had to pick the one I'd live in without the need of people, The Lonely Mountain wins by a mile. I love cold weather and snow.

Cnn I combine the two and bring all my friends to the Lonely mountain?

Logan
07-15-2004, 11:16 PM
It wouldn't be the lonely mountain if you did that. :(

Psychotic
07-15-2004, 11:26 PM
I bet this is a psychological experiment to see who's crazy. I picked the Lonely Mountain. Just 'cause.

nik0tine
07-15-2004, 11:29 PM
The Busy City, but only because I need my friends.

If I had to pick the one I'd live in without the need of people, The Lonely Mountain wins by a mile. I love cold weather and snow.

could i combine the lonely mountain and bring my friends AND cbgb's?

Loony BoB
07-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Quiet Cove.

Outside those options, I'd take a mix between the quiet cove and the busy city. A relatively non poluted suburbia would suit me fine, so long as there was a beach not too far and a city in equal distance in the other direction.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-16-2004, 12:12 AM
ill live in both the busy city and the quiet cove....never a dull moment and to solve that allergy ill live in the quiet cove once in a while to collect myself....hmmmif i had to choose between 1 ill just choose the quiet cove

Shoyku
07-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Busy city, I suppose. It's something I'm already used to.

fire_of_avalon
07-16-2004, 02:08 AM
I pick the green forest as long as people come visit me.

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2004, 02:45 AM
Dude, the arcade, man. I can play all of the 2D fighting games I want, if I get hungry I can go into the pizza place next door to it and order me a few pies.

Casey
07-16-2004, 03:31 AM
The stars, in a galaxy far far away... [/star wars theme starts] No seriosly, that'd be cool.

Silmaril
07-16-2004, 05:37 AM
The Forest but i hpe i can eat stuff other than nuts. i don't like marshmellows.

Rainecloud
07-16-2004, 07:15 AM
The idea of this thread is for you to pick one of the options - you can't create your own fantasy world. :P

I bet this is a psychological experiment to see who's crazy.

You're not far wrong.

Polaris
07-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Spoky Castle I like it! It's scary!!!

War Angel
07-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Haunted Mansion. I'd become best fwends with the ghost, scare villagers, steal maidens... it could be a blast.

Mikztsu
07-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Busy city hands down. It'd be least boring. I'd love to visit those other places, but I'd get bored after a while. Busy city rocks. =D

UltimateSpamGrover
07-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Lonely Mountain, enough said

HOOTERS
07-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Ooh, spooky castle. In the busy city. With squirrels. :smash:

K-chan
07-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Busy city without a doubt. There's always funny people in the cities. :D

Burtsplurt
07-16-2004, 07:23 PM
The Quiet Cove. I like the sound of waves, and I'd be able to go swimming every day.

Leeza
07-17-2004, 02:01 AM
I'll go with the Spooky Castle as long as there are some vampires to go along with the evil ghost and as long as the Spooky Castle is beside a Busy City so that I can see some people on occasion. :)

black orb
07-17-2004, 02:15 AM
>>> Spooky castle or Arcade, it would be just like my real life but with a big castle or arcade machines. a total improvement.

HOOTERS
07-17-2004, 02:56 AM
I'll go with the Spooky Castle as long as there are some vampires to go along with the evil ghost and as long as the Spooky Castle is beside a Busy City so that I can see some people on occasion. :)

I would be there. :smash:

But I'm not a vampire.... :(

..yet. :count:

Triple T
07-21-2004, 12:37 PM
I'd live in the Spooky Castle, because there must be a ghost, and I have a ghost living in my house. :(

Iceglow
07-21-2004, 04:26 PM
I'd live in the forest purely because I am pretty much the happy elf (seriously go camping with me and my friends and find out) and as for net connection, boredband? Pah I have sat connection :D

escobert
07-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Castle.

Ravin
07-24-2004, 10:43 PM
I'd say the Lonley Mountain only because I'm much of a loner and I'm used to being alone so yeah, the lonely mountain would be great.

square_is_the_best
07-24-2004, 11:13 PM
I was torn between the quiet cave and the spooky castle. I went for the cove but now I'm having second thoughts.
I picked them because I like my solitude but I can't live without at least some tecnology.

disapointedchild
07-26-2004, 01:48 AM
I pick mountain, there people can refer to me as the man who went to the mountains and never came back, but supposidly is an expert at snake, because of intense training, and nothing else to do.

AuronSephiroth
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
I pick Lonely Mountain why? well because I prefer to be alone I don't care where I am whether it's in a hot Fire Cavern surrounded by Hot Lava or near Spiders which I have a phobia of I enjoy being alone It's peaceful, enjoying and most of all you can do what the **** you like :D

Female Ryuichi
07-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Busy city, for the fact you can be quite isolated in the city, yet be surrouned by people. It's an odd thing, but I kinda of like it.

Giga Guess
07-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Busy City. I crave excitement. And I have no allergies.