PDA

View Full Version : ABOUT THE EDDING

freaky
07-17-2004, 11:51 PM
I finish my game FF X, it was a great final, but, after the credits , tidus appear in a sea , live, that was pretty strange, someone knows about this edding ?

Trumpet Thief
07-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Yeah, it's always at the end of FFX. They just put it in their not to make it look like such a sad ending.

SeeDRankLou
07-18-2004, 12:29 AM
In the context of the story of FFX:

The fayth of (I think) Ifrit tells Tidus that once the fayth stop dreaming and Sin if destroyed, and thus Tidus will fade, they will make a new place for Tidus to be, probably in appreciation for what he did (which I think would mean that at least some of the fayth would still be dreaming, right?). This doesn't make sense to me, and the message is probably cryptic at best. But basically, that's just Tidus being in the place that the fayth made for him. Why the fayth make that decision baffles me, but I didn't write the game.

In the context of the FFX saga (and be warned, this is a spoiler of good ending FFX-2):

In appreciation for the actions Yuna takes in helping the fayth free themselves of Shuyin's grasp and saving the world from Vegnagun, they grant her request to walk with Tidus again, and thus they...I guess...recreate him, and when they recreate him, he is formed in the water right outside of Besaid, which is what you see at the end of FFX.

The first explanation confuses me on why certain decisions were made as they were, but I think that while some people might not like the good ending of FFX-2, it makes more sense as to how Tidus appears again.

freaky
07-18-2004, 03:42 AM
hummmm
I'm confused ....... =P

in FF X-2 , Yuna make tidus appear again ??? ( i'm asking that because i never played X-2 )

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2004, 05:42 AM
in FF X-2 , Yuna make tidus appear again ??? ( i'm asking that because i never played X-2 )

YUNA MAKES TIDUS APPEAR AGAIN ?
Did you just...answer your own question with a question in a double post? *dies*

SeeDRankLou
07-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Did you just...answer your own question with a question in a double post? *dies*

ROFL.... :love:

Az Lionheart
07-19-2004, 04:20 PM
it ended like that so square could create a sequal to FFX. you need to see the ending of X-2 to understand(good ending)

freaky
07-19-2004, 04:20 PM
no, i just asked twice :D !

Big D
07-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Please don't double-post.The fayth of (I think) Ifrit tells Tidus that once the fayth stop dreaming and Sin if destroyed, and thus Tidus will fade, they will make a new place for Tidus to be, probably in appreciation for what he did (which I think would mean that at least some of the fayth would still be dreaming, right?). This doesn't make sense to me, and the message is probably cryptic at best. But basically, that's just Tidus being in the place that the fayth made for him. Why the fayth make that decision baffles me, but I didn't write the game.The Fayth of Shiva explains this more. The Fayth knew that Yu Yevon's death would mean the end of their dream, the end of their forced capitivity inside the Fayth statues. Also, this would end the existence of everyone from the 'dream world', including Tidus. They knew that Tidus understood and shared their plight; they appreciated that he was willing to sacrifice himself to help everyone. So, their "final gift" to him would be to create a lasting dream, a vast blue ocean where he could swim free in peace. Different to the dream of Zanarkand, since it'd be a self-propelling thing, not dependent on the Fayth. It's kinda like they'd use the last of their power to create a customised "afterlife" for him to go to when it was all over.

freaky
07-20-2004, 03:34 PM
tanks for the explanation ! :D

SeeDRankLou
08-09-2004, 06:04 AM
*Hopes this thread isn't too old to post something in*

Concerning BigD's post.

This is what the Macalania Temple's fayth says:

Should the dreaming end, you too will disappear--Fade into Spira's sea, Spira's sky.
But do not weep, nor rise in anger.
Even we were once human. That is why we must dream.
Let us summon a sea in a new dream world.
A new sea for you to swim.

I just wanted to know where you got the self-propelling thing from what she said.

Jolts
08-09-2004, 03:22 PM
I finish my game FF X, it was a great final, but, after the credits , tidus appear in a sea , live, that was pretty strange, someone knows about this edding ?
First off, it's spelled "e-n-d-i-n-g" :lol:. Secondly, maybe they chose the water because he was a famed Blitzball player, and loved playing it. Maybe?

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 04:27 PM
IMO it would be better if Tidus was just unsent.

freaky
08-09-2004, 11:55 PM
tanks for the explanation ...
joltz it is c-h-o-o-s-e :tongue:

Jolts
08-10-2004, 09:31 AM
No, it's c-h-o-s-e. As in "I chose that one." The 'o' is long. You pronounce the 'o' as an 'o,' not like a 'u.' It's past tense, because anyone in here talking about it has already seen the ending of Final Fantasy X. The way you just spelled it would be used like so, "Maybe I'll choose something else."

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
the ending didnt really make that much sense to me, the only thing that made sense to me is that tidus is in water....and is a blitzball player

Az Lionheart
08-10-2004, 10:10 AM
he is in the water becuse the same clip is in the ending of x-2 but is extended to make sense

Auron-
08-10-2004, 07:54 PM

well if u visit Macalania temple(where Yuna Prays to get her aeon) the fayth will tell u that if they wake the dream will disappear and they'll make tidus a sea where he can swim....

Big D
08-11-2004, 02:02 AM
I just wanted to know where you got the self-propelling thing from what she said.
After Yu Yevon died, the Fayth lost their ability to create the dream city and its inhabitants; so I figured they wouldn't be able to sustain an on-going dream for Tidus. That's why I guessed they'd made a 'private afterlife' for him, one that would be "self-propelling". Just a bit of speculation on my part:)

-N-
08-11-2004, 02:04 AM
"Self-propelling" as in "it exists without the fayth having to dream it". That's along the lines of what I assumed.

Lordofsomething
08-11-2004, 02:31 AM
He also has pyraflies around him, so mayhap he's an unsent