PDA

View Full Version : I,Robot

Bahamut2000X
07-18-2004, 06:21 AM
So has anyone else gotten a chance to see this yet?

I just watched it today and all I can say it's one of my new favoritest movies. Although for those that have seen it, towards the end didn't it seem a little matrixy like?

fire_of_avalon
07-18-2004, 06:34 AM
It looks like alot of fun, but apparently is exactly the opposite of what Asimov was trying to say about technology.

I'll probably go see it anyways :D

Casey
07-18-2004, 07:07 AM
it seem a little matrixy like?

Yeah, dude. I havnt seen it yet. If some of you guys seen Animatrix, then yeah its kinda of like the MATRIX. Like that one chapter in Animatrix when they talk about the first robot who killed somebody.. etc. kind of like this movie. but other then that I wanna see this movie! :D

Dingo Jellybean
07-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Other than Ali, might be the first Will Smith movie worth seeing.

crono_logical
07-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Is this based off the Isaac Asimov book? Since the series to which his I, Robot book belonged to was great.

Rusty
07-18-2004, 04:36 PM
I would like to go see it, Will Smith is one of my favourite actors and this seems like the first decent robot movie out :)

SomethingBig
07-18-2004, 10:24 PM
3/5. This movie deserved a 3/5. Actually, it just makes a 3. If it weren't for the thought-provoking elements, it would be a 2/5. So many cliche elements and it was so predictable. The jokes were unfunny. Definitely was just another example of a great book turned into a bad movie. If you want to see it, wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it. It's worth a watch, but certainly not $9.00.

-N-
07-19-2004, 08:38 AM
I liked it. I kinda like how Will Smith does action, with a twist of humor. It does depart from Asimov's writing, but it still puts forth the same interesting questions. My only reservation is that it doesn't prompt the viewer to think about the issues, as it puts forth what the viewer should think about the proposed issues anyways. It was pretty cool, though.

escobert
07-26-2004, 02:11 AM
So has anyone else gotten a chance to see this yet?

I just watched it today and all I can say it's one of my new favoritest movies. Although for those that have seen it, towards the end didn't it seem a little matrixy like?
That's what I said when I was watching it "wtf they think this is the matrix or something?"

It was a good movie but, Will Smith needs to expand the characters he plays. They're always the same type of role.

Vaprice
07-26-2004, 04:01 AM
I saw the movie and I thought it was great. Everyone should go...right now....and see the movie. Why you may ask? Because I said so. And those who oppose me, will feel the asian mob's power.

CloudSquallandZidane
07-26-2004, 06:06 AM
I liked that movie.

Polaris
07-26-2004, 09:25 AM
I've heard that that film is having more success at the cinemas than Spider-man 2...

Is that film that great?