PDA

View Full Version : FFVII on PS2...anyone else seen this?

DMKA
07-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Ok when I play FFVII on my PS2 it doesn't look right at all...or atleast from what I recall. See, when I play without texture smoothing function on, it looks like complete crap...everything looks really messed up and the screen looks like its covered in dots (the battle screen is the worst), and you can't even tell the mountains are mountains because they're so crappy looking. When I turn the smooth fucntion on, it looks alot better and satisfactory, but still doesn't look right. You can still see dots in the picture, and alot of stuff looks like dotty and pixelated (especially in batytle once again), and then the cinematics look like I'm watching them on a PC running under 256 colors.

So is it just me/my PS2/my game that does this, or is this a PS2 thing? Has anyone else noticed it? I'm just wondering because I really don't want to get my PSX out if I just haven't played for so long I forgot it looked like that. Though I never remember it looking so bad so I doubt its just me. :/

Shoeberto
07-18-2004, 07:15 PM
I've been playing FF7 in my PS2 and I've hardly noticed anything except for a few spells looking bad in battle, but I think that might be the old age of the game...but I haven't played it in a long time so I don't know.

Trumpet Thief
07-18-2004, 07:17 PM
I can't really tell the difference. Considering that I used my PS1 to play a long time ago, and after the PS2 came out, I never touched PS1. But yeah, it does sort of looking cruddy.

Still one of the best though.

Do they look different on ynour PS1, when you play DMKA?

-N-
07-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Can't say I've had any FFVII problems on PS2.

Rusty
07-19-2004, 09:32 AM
I play Final fantasy 7 on my PS2, havent had any problems yet.

Triple T
07-19-2004, 01:26 PM
That happened once when had some sort of dirt(?) on my disc. I just cleaned it and it started working again. Maybe your disc's dirty? xD