PDA

View Full Version : FFVI Expert Challange (Freaks only :D )

Ultima Shadow
07-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Some people thinks that FFVI is hard as crap... while others thinks it's pice of cake. Those who already thinks this game is hard as crap can stop reading rigth now, while those who thinks FFVI is to easy and wants it to be more challanging... this is Ultima Shadows FFVI expert challange!

Each character should only weild his/her first weapon and armour trough the whole game (this does not include relics) + espers are forbidden. That's rigth... NO ESPERS trough the whole game. This one migth even be way harder than the FFVIII one. :D

And ofcourse... those who dare could try the Ultimate Challange... beating Fanatics tower this way.

Trumpet Thief
07-19-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm glad you took my no Espers suggestion. And how could I decline an offer like this?

Martyr
07-19-2004, 03:02 AM
I did think that the game was easy, but this is goofy.

First weapons?
That includes Edmunds Crossbow, which doesn't seem to inflict more damage over time, right?
And Sabin can use his blitzes, correct?
And mog can dance?

Wow... We got new best parties.

How about Gau? Can we keep him in the veldt and use him as we wish, or do we only get his starting rages? (If there are any?) Of course, looking for these loopholes totally defeats the purpose... We may be better off not even getting Gau. (That is an option, right?)

Ultima Shadow
07-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Well, as for Gau... you CAN get him if you want. Don,t forget that your armour will be pure crap as well. Terra can learn magics by leveling up, don,t forget that. Since you only use the first weapons, you can also have Shadow trow the other ones. The extra power at level ups that the espers offer is impossible to get... this will also weaken your characters.

Flying Mullet
07-19-2004, 03:15 PM
If you want a good FFVI challenge, check this out: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44818

Ultima Shadow
07-19-2004, 03:32 PM
If you want a good FFVI challenge, check this out: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44818
Ok... but this is for those who don't wan't to use an emulator then. :D
...Or already have completed the Expert version and want to try something new, 2 challanges is better than 1. ;)
OR simply want to try this ON the expert version. :eek:

Oh, and when I tried the link there only was a window saying: Site Temporarily Disabled

This site has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of the site, please contact customer care.

i90east
07-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Sorry, the site moved here:
http://www.cyberveldt.com

I'll edit the url in that post.

Edgar
07-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Completed it a year ago :p Was something I tried for all games I played.

Everyone was at back row everytime. Killing Kefka is an ass. Leveling up is an ass. You have to find some way to kill monsters ASAP in order to level up safely.

I could've used protective spells like safe but I can't remember if I got them =/

Yeah, it's not impossible. Completed at level 55+

And boy, Kefka tower is an ass.

Trumpet Thief
08-16-2004, 01:36 AM
chaos: It was taking a long time, but I completed it!

Rubedo: Now to get started on your FFIV challenge!

PS: I want Ultima Points!

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Wow! Congratulations! 100,000 Ultima points! No, 125,000! Because you did it before me. :p
Dare I ask what Kefka was like? :)

Trumpet Thief
08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
chaos: Trust me, it made me angry. I just got lucky really. At the first stage of the tower, it is just slow, second stage was pretty tough, third was "meh", then when I got to Kefka he would just blow my brains out.

Rubedo: It takes a very long time to win a battle. Especially Kefka, 'cause of his Defence points and all, but luckily, I won! I hope you can beat him soon too!

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2004, 09:02 PM
I've been leveling up like crap. And I've got about 40 megaelexirs. I think I'm ready for the tower. Umaro is one of my strongest party members, so is Strago because of his Blue magic... and ofcourse I use Shadow in the backrow to trow all the time. I've got some tackstars and I've bougth a load of Enhancers to trow. I also use Mog and Gau alot.

Ultima Shadow
08-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Ok, I've done it! Yea, he was a pain. His Ultima was a real **** and the lack of magic skills was **** as well. :p

Blitz_Ace
09-03-2004, 02:05 AM

Im gonna try it. Hopefully ill have a victory porclomation sometime for you in the next millenia. :D

BTW just so im clear...

Everything goes except changing your inital equiped weapons/armor? But you may equip Relics?

Ohhh, this is gonna be fun!!!

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
lol. shall i try and add Ultima points to my 50 Ruby points?

no,i,m not insane enough anymore. how long did it take 2 complete this challenge?

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Ohhh, this is gonna be fun!!!
Until you get stuck in 4 hours. :p

lol. shall i try and add Ultima points to my 50 Ruby points?

no,i,m not insane enough anymore. how long did it take 2 complete this challenge?
Ages. :rolleyes2
The time counter shows 58hours... but it doesn't show the time counted when you have to restart and try again.

still i,m having an absolutly blast re playing ffIV. and right now all i,m doing is trying to steal 500-1000 alerts in the tower of babil :) .
Not INSANE enough??? *cough* :rolleyes2

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 11:31 PM
honestly it does not take too long. i just kill everyone and haste Edge. soon i will have all the admant armours and loads of apples and soma drops...i will be god of ffIV!

p.s- the restarting would drive me so mad i,d smash the disc. what is the longest u have spent on an ff play? mine is the 228 i did on ffX.

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Yea, me to. FFX, about 172 hours.