PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Wanna Play Dress Up?!

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Perhaps it's sad but I still have those urges to play 'dress up' from my childhood and I did so last night. XD! I posted a pic of the outcome before/after just for laughs.
I guess girls would go through this more than guys but have you ever had the urge to dress up like you usually don't? Wear the clothes you never do, apply your make up in a different style ( for guys - wear makeup at all? ), etc?

Edit - No. I didn't dye my hair. O_o; Everyone who has seen that pic has asked me that. I just have red highlights and when I turned the lamp on that's what happened.

Citizen Bleys
07-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Innocent? You look like you're about to go downtown with a semi-automatic and a few boxes of ammo and see how many people you can take down before the cops get you.

(now you know what happens to charm school dropouts)

fire_of_avalon
07-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I play dress up sometimes. I put on my prom dress and wander around my house since I have no other real reason to wear it. :D

Psychotic
07-19-2004, 01:27 AM
I don't EVER dress up 'cause I suck but also I have no make-up because y'know, I'm a guy and all.

And you look better in that second pic, actually :D

Giga Guess
07-19-2004, 01:41 AM
My dress up is a little more permanent. I can't STAND looking in the mirror and seeing the same old, same old. So I highlight my hair, sometimes blond, sometimes red. Tattoos have sprung from this (Not totally impulsive, but good to satiate the change...) Y'know? Well it's not like I can do something with my hair (Read: an inch long)

Rye
07-19-2004, 01:52 AM
I usually don't get to, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Dress up rocks :)

eestlinc
07-19-2004, 01:59 AM
I put clothes on before leaving the house. does that count?

Yamaneko
07-19-2004, 02:08 AM
I dress up as me.

Electric Barbarella
07-19-2004, 02:36 AM
Dress up? You mean like cosplay? Hee hee, yeah, I COSPLAY! ^_^

Here's some of me cosplaying Aeris at FanimeCon 2004: (be sure to turn your firewalls off, folks! ^^; )

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142110&sort=1&size=medium&cat=8020&page=302

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142109&sort=1&size=medium&cat=8020&page=302

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142108&sort=1&size=medium&cat=8020&page=302

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 02:45 AM
Innocent? You look like you're about to go downtown with a semi-automatic and a few boxes of ammo and see how many people you can take down before the cops get you.

(now you know what happens to charm school dropouts)

Bwuahahahaha! Wha- SHHH! Don't tell anyone. X_X; Do I really like I'm about to kill people? Heh. RWAR! -scary pose-
I used to dress up in my pretty pretty dresses and prance around my room singing songs on the radio. >_> But no one is supposed to know that.
Oh. And thanks Psy. O_o; I like knowing I look better as a pyscho down town killer than innocent little ol'e me. =D!
Anyway, Those cosplay pictures are adorable! I'm going to an anime convention next year either as Yumiko ( Hellsing ) or Yuya ( Samurai Deeper Kyo )

. . . and to everyone who doesn't dress up. DO! It's fun! ^_^-

chu52
07-19-2004, 04:06 AM
last day of school me and my freinds wore all black, died hair, black nail polish (min on one hand to be noncomforming and just a little bit odder), and reiciting lines from Johnny the Homocidal Maniac or when people annoyed us saying something to your freind a little loudly like "Don't you just hate those days when you forget your knife" that was fun

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 04:14 AM
last day of school me and my freinds wore all black, died hair, black nail polish (min on one hand to be noncomforming and just a little bit odder), and reiciting lines from Johnny the Homocidal Maniac or when people annoyed us saying something to your freind a little loudly like "Don't you just hate those days when you forget your knife" that was fun

. . . that is to awesome for mere words. :love:

chichi
07-19-2004, 04:29 AM
I love playing 'dress up'- i'm such a girly girl! Actually, my job involves dressing up so i'd kind of be in trouble if I didn't!

BrittyGoesMow
07-19-2004, 05:23 AM
About two weeks ago my friend amanda and I put on school girl costumes and proceeded to dance around my room to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Lepard.

It really happened, honest.
I think I have a picture.

maybe not...

Rainecloud
07-19-2004, 07:21 AM
I don't dress up. Viewing cosplay pics is usually a lot of fun, though.

-N-
07-19-2004, 08:33 AM
You've gotta be kidding me. :rolleyes:

Project G
07-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Fuzakeru
If you don't mind me saying, you are mega good looking, I feel strangely attracted to you

Mikztsu
07-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I sometimes like being on suit and clothes like that. I only use them on special occasions though, but it's nice sometimes. And ties are cool, especially my Donald Duck one.

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 12:06 PM
You have a Donald Duck suit?!!?
LOL
I'd pay to see that.

On my personal note, i like dressing up and looking nice every once and a while.

Project G
07-19-2004, 12:27 PM
same as

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one that likes to play dress up from time to time. XD! If everyone had answered back, "No." "Weird-o." I think I would have been heart broken.

Fuzakeru
If you don't mind me saying, you are mega good looking, I feel strangely attracted to you
Wow. I don't hear that often. ^_^- Thank you very, very much.
Rainecloud, I love rummaging around through Cosplay pictures. ^_^- Especially the really, really awful ones.
Oh and princy-of-teh-dark-in-ness, you've got to be kidding me. Dressing up is fun. :)

Polaris
07-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Sorry my ignorance but what is dress up?

Project G
07-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Getting all dressed up all smart for a special occasion

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 12:57 PM
. . . have you ever had the urge to dress up like you usually don't? Wear the clothes you never do, apply your make up in a different style. . .
^_^- Like how little girls will go through thier Mom's makeup and put on their clothes and shoes? Something like that except it's not your mom's stuff anymore. :)

Mikztsu
07-19-2004, 01:09 PM
You have a Donald Duck suit?!!?
LOL
I'd pay to see that.

´
lol no, I don't have Donald Duck <i>suit</i>! xD I have a Donald Duck tie.

Polaris
07-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Getting all dressed up all smart for a special occasion

Oh yes I love to do that!!!!!

Nait
07-19-2004, 01:13 PM
To tell you the truth, I had a few photos taken a few days ago, of me in my <i>penkkarit</i> costume.

Triple T
07-19-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't dress up... I don't want to look like scary cosplay. >_<

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 01:22 PM
´

Well DAMN!
still...think about it...you in a Donald Duck suit= xD

don't ask me why i put the pic in i just thought it was funny. but i'm a Wee-tah-d

Project G
07-19-2004, 01:23 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 01:23 PM
´
. . . and with those words you have CRUSHED many of our souls, Mik. Tsk Tsk.
Scary cosplay. Heh. Cute way of putting it. I can't wait to dress up as a physcho katana-weilding-nun that works as a killer for the Vatican church. ^_^ I multi-para roleplay her character on Yahoo. Here's (http://profiles.yahoo.com/berserk_nun_yumiko) my profile if you wanna see the scary nun-ness. And this (http://www.freewebs.com/berserk_nun_yumiko/) is the homepage for her. XD! Yes, I know I am a loser = extreme. :)

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 01:30 PM
i know he crushed my soul...*cries*

Project G
07-19-2004, 01:30 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 01:32 PM
i know i know

tragic isn't it?

i'll have to find a pic of me dressed up...i'll go find my prom pics.

Project G
07-19-2004, 01:33 PM
yay :D

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 01:53 PM
yay here's me i think i look pretty nice.
you gotta click on it to enlarge it though.

Project G
07-19-2004, 01:55 PM
aya

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 01:58 PM
i don't know if thats a good response or a bad one.

Calliope
07-20-2004, 03:08 AM
I am currently dressed up as Ben. Sometimes I dress up as Ben too much, so I end up looking like Cliche Guevera when really I'd rather be dressed as Salvador Darling.

I dressed up as a moose during the holidays. There are photos in my bag xD

SomethingBig
07-20-2004, 03:24 AM
I play dress up all the time.

1- Me dressed up as Morimoto Ryoji. I hope I don't scare you with this picture and my roaring at you.
2- Me dressed up as a cute kitten

Fuzakeru
07-20-2004, 04:58 AM

1- Me dressed up as Morimoto Ryoji. I hope I don't scare you with this picture and my roaring at you.

You play a very convincing kitten. XD!

-N-
07-20-2004, 05:01 AM

You are SO awesome. :D

Project G
07-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Miaow

Jebus
07-20-2004, 03:20 PM
I like dressing in a tuxedo. If only I could get a top hat and a monocle.

Its an ego thing. I like looking better than other people. Especially here, where everybody's nice clothes goes by the term "Church Clothes" and consists of flannel. I like looking sophisticated, and its the only time I will EVER comb my hair.

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
I like dressing in a tuxedo. If only I could get a top hat and a monocle.

Its an ego thing. I like looking better than other people. Especially here, where everybody's nice clothes goes by the term "Church Clothes" and consists of flannel. I like looking sophisticated, and its the only time I will EVER comb my hair.

Most tuxedo shops sell top hats. My friend Emily has one. It only cost her twenty bucks or something. But I don't know where you could get a monocle. Maybe I should make you one.