PDA

View Full Version : Anima's Pain attack

Erdrick Holmes
07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Is there any way to get past Anima's pain attack? That sucker kills in one hit and my whole party gets wiped out in three turns.

Trumpet Thief
07-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Sadly no. Have Yuna in your party, and use life frequently. But, if you Summon an Aeon, then Pain doesn't instand kill, rather, does around 900 damage.

chu52
07-19-2004, 12:42 AM
lionheart greiver is right i always used aeons to battle anima because seymour can dismiss them but anima can't

Az Lionheart
07-19-2004, 04:22 PM
thats what i did a killed him first time.

Big D
07-20-2004, 05:20 AM
Sadly no. Have Yuna in your party, and use life frequently. But, if you Summon an Aeon, then Pain doesn't instand kill, rather, does around 900 damage.Best strategy. Also, Shiva can recover about 1800 HP by casting Blizzara on herself, which makes the fight a lot easier.

SpiritWolf
07-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Yeah use Shiva. She should be able to take down Anima pretty easily.

-N-
07-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Shiva's Overdrive will Overkill Anima as well.

Triple T
07-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Shiva's Blizzara did around 4000 damage to her, and her Overdrive did 9999 damage, so use her. After Anima's dead, dismiss Shiva and start using Nul____ spells to make his "Multi-____" spells immune to you.

Lord Xehanort
07-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Is there any way to get past Anima's pain attack? That sucker kills in one hit and my whole party gets wiped out in three turns.

Yeah, Aeons are your only hope here. I always use ???? (Shiva). Just do Shiva a favor and DO NOT LET ANIMA'S OVERDRIVE GAUGE FILL UP!!!!

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 09:53 PM
The use of Aeon's is for bitches. :P

Train your characters up.

xenapan
07-25-2004, 06:25 PM
pain is nonmagic attack+deathstrike so all you really need to do is find someway to get zombie on yourself :P *inno* no seriously... tidus should be able to at least haste the party so you can kill anima before he gets to use pain. that or use aeons, shield before anima's turn and then overdrive him.

ninja-yuffie
08-04-2004, 10:29 AM
death proof auromour and use shiva as much as u can

Bahumat
08-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Ansem has the right way to go. Shiva kicks butt. use Grand Summon Overdrive, then diamond dust, then attack uptil Anima dies or a second diamond dust is ready. Seymour will then kill Shiva with multi-...... but then you just belt the tar out of him to get rid of the lousy Maester. :)

Yuzuki130
08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Here's a good strategy! =) When first fighting Seymour, wait until right after he casts Watera, which is before he casts Fira, then Grand Summon Shiva! Use Diamond Dust and you can kill The Guado Guardians (If you already haven't) and Seymour in 1 hit. After Seymour summons Anima, immediately have Shiva cast NulBlaze on herself. Now just Kill Anima with her! When Anima is killed the first thing Seymour will do is cast Firaga (which will be invalidated) then Blizzaga, which will completely heal Shiva. Now her overdrive gauge will be almost completely full by now, so just let him cast the next spell on you (which won't kill you, just leave you at VERY low health) then use Diamond Dust again! It's a flawless, yet long, strategy!

Lord Xehanort
08-10-2004, 07:12 PM
I killed the Guado Guardians with powerful physical attacks. Just steal from them to take their Potions, then they can't Auto-Potion anymore.