PDA

View Full Version : PSP

Project G
07-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if you can play PS1 games on PSP

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2004, 09:54 AM
To my knowledge, the will be a USB port offering PS2 compatibility (kinda like the Super Game Boy, I guess.) Since PS games are compatible with PS2. I'd say it's safe to assume that the answer to your question is yes.

Project G
07-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Sweet

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Actually. Upon further reflection. It's probably the other way around. PSP games compatible for the PS2 (which is exactly the same as the Super Game Boy) because if the PSP has a USB port for PS2 allowing for PS1-2 to be playable, it means you'd have to carry the actual PS1-2 console around with the PSP to play. Kinda stupid considering the PSP is a handheld.

So the port is probably so that you can play PSP games at home, on the big TV screen, from your PS2.

Project G
07-19-2004, 10:24 AM
good point

Maxico
07-19-2004, 04:47 PM
I dont think that you will be able to take your ps2 or ps1 games with you on the psp as they use UMD disks not CD's or DVDS. UNLESS you get a BIG sony memory card (1 GB or so), wait for people to make an illigal ps1/2 emulator softwear, transfer it and the game onto the memory stick and play it of that. But this would: be amazingly complicated (as in only the nerdy fanboys that spend there spare (read: whole) time modding games and stealing half life would be able to accomplish) be illegal, need chipping of the psp and invalidate your warrantee.

So in a word my opinion is:
no