PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

Project G
07-19-2004, 09:39 AM
What did you do for Work Experience

Rusty
07-19-2004, 09:51 AM
I havent done any yet, but I am planning to soon. I am really hoping to get some at Vet's.

Project G
07-19-2004, 09:52 AM
I went to a Funeral Directors, it was great, the best week of my life

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2004, 10:00 AM
I was a primary school teacher for a week. Half the time, I was an aide for a year 6 class and the rest of the time was divided between random playground duty and telling kids what was 'cool' in high school

Project G
07-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Had fun then

FallenSilence
07-19-2004, 10:02 AM
I worked in an office in London for a week. I had to change drawings and size pipes, etc. for an office block. Work was fun, journey wasn't. (two and a half hours on a train either way there!)

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Had fun then
Yes. It was a rewarding experience. Back in my day though, Charizard was an awesome card to have in a deck. Kids these days.. Psh. Rainbow energy my butt.

Polaris
07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Once a firnds of mine and I went to teach some kids for one day... it was cute but I'd like to teach english to the kids with 12 years till 14, that's the best age...

You don't know how horrible is to put them work at the class of history, they don't want to do anything!

Glad taht englishes classes are better!

Project G
07-19-2004, 10:05 AM
I picked up deacesed people from Gatwick Airport, went to many cremations and one burial

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 12:11 PM
What kind of job are you trying to get by working in a funeral home?

i'd like to work with a forensic Psychiatrist. i'd be in heaven.
and yes that does sound a little wierd.

Project G
07-19-2004, 12:18 PM
What kind of job are you trying to get by working in a funeral home?

i'd like to work with a forensic Psychiatrist. i'd be in heaven.
and yes that does sound a little wierd.

Er a funeral director maybe

sephxangel
07-19-2004, 12:26 PM
hey just wondering.
I know a guy who owns a funeral home actually....

Project G
07-19-2004, 12:28 PM
sorry, I'm having a bad day today,no-one talking to me

FallenSilence
07-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Well, I just fell out with most of my friends over another forum, so I don't feel great, either.

Fuzakeru
07-19-2004, 12:51 PM
I haven't had any work experience. O_o; That's really sad to admit. Heh. I'm looking to work a full time job until October though then move then look again for a full time job. ^_^- If I could get in to a secretary position or a receptionist I'd be in my enviroment. I type fast and am a neat freak and love to file and organize. Whee. When I get up to Michigan I'll look for a service system that puts you at different office positions needed in various companies and from there I'll find my way in.

Heath
07-19-2004, 12:53 PM
I went to a Funeral Directors, it was great, the best week of my life

Considering I prank called a few people on New Year's Eve claiming to be Steve the Funeral Director (now my infamous alter-ego to my offline friends), I really should have tried to do it at a Funeral Director's.

Anyway, I was meant to be doing work experience last week, but I didn't. Go me.

Edit: However, I did apply at WHSmiths and GAME. GAME couldn't legally take me, because they sold 18 games, understandable. WHSmiths didn't really care. I would have done it at Ottakers, but by the time I had that bright idea, it was too late to sort something out. I intend to see if Ottakers has any jobs for next Summer though, when I've done my GCSEs.

Project G
07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
GCSE's suck, okay they get you a job but they are just annoying

gokufusionss1
07-19-2004, 01:37 PM
i worked in the local brewery in the office ordering the cans and ingredients, they nearly got rid of me when i accidently ordered £100,000 worth of cans that were not needed. Luckly they managed to stop the order. it was fun but they went to the pub every lunch time and i being 14 at the time wasn't allowed to go :shame: .

A firend of mind got the mick taken out of him for his work experiance. He was in a DIY shop and they sent him off to get some tartan paint, he spent an hour looking for it.

Iceglow
07-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I have done two work experience duties. one was working in a trendy clothes store, which was boring and dull. the second time wasin an office which was soo bad it almost killed me (sarcasm)

Rainecloud
07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I worked in a store that sold Army equipment (IE - tents, knives and rucksacks). It wasn't all that bad, I guess. A few years later, I designed the Information Technology section of my College's website. I'd finished the site in a day, so I messed around learning Flash for the rest of the two weeks.

Psychotic
07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
GCSE's suck, okay they get you a job but they are just annoying

Not a very good job. You'd want A levels or a degree for that.

Anyway, I worked at a Magistrate's Court. It was boring really.

Cz
07-19-2004, 06:09 PM
I worked in a primary school. It was fairly easy, and that was all I was really looking for in my work experience. It was rather interesting seeing education from a different perspective, though.

-N-
07-20-2004, 01:57 AM
I'm confused - it seems your Work Experience here is only for a week? We had work experience in our highschool for a semester, and I got most of mine over the summers...

Project G
07-20-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm confused - it seems your Work Experience here is only for a week? We had work experience in our highschool for a semester, and I got most of mine over the summers...

I live in the UK, so its only a week