PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2 boss tournment

aeris2001x2
07-19-2004, 06:42 PM
and now the ever so *popular*, ffX-2.

i,m going to do a seperate tournment for all the numbered ff games which will go all the way to the last six, then these best six(except ff1 which will only have 4 finalists) from each ff will do battle in the finals with the other ff games top six ! so please post (or pm me) who u want to 2 go through in each of the bouts! o (i hope ppl reply). u can judge the vote on ANYTHING u like, be it hardness, coolness, character design, personality etc its YOUR choice my friends.

now regardless of how rationaly good or bad this game was, it was fun and had sum cool bossess and super enemies, i,ve found 52. reduced to 48 by elimanating two sub bossess(blue elemental and malboro) and putting the magus sisters all together.

please vote in this four round tournment. as ever there r six seeds, denoted by a (*) and here we go...

Paragon(*1) V Rikku

Chac(*2) V Valefor

Trema(*3) V Flame Dragon

Concherer(*4) V Guardian beast

Master Tonberry(*5) V Baralai

Elder Drake(*6) V Humbaba

Ormi V Ronso Youth

Ixion V Experiment

Lacerta V Paine

Ifrit V YSLS-Zero

Jumbo Cacutar V Insect Matrich

Nooj V Boris

Bahamat V Zalamander

Angra Mainyu V Precepts Guard

Black Elemental V Ultima Weapon

Anything eater V Yojimbo

Garik Ronso V Shuyin

Leblanc V Magus Sisters

Gippal V Aranea

King Vermin V Azi Dahaka

Georapella V Shiva

Logos V Chocobo Eater

Anima V Critical Bug

Mushroom Cloud V Vegnegun

here they r please vote. deadline is saturday 12am.

p.s- i had 2 rush out libary so let me know if there is any mistakes, thanks.

Ultima Shadow
07-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Ugh... the worst FF that I HAVE played trough. (sorry FFX2 lovers, that was just my opinion).

Paragon(*1)! Reason:...if Rikku just could stop running around playing "Gullwing". And Paragon is very cool... and pretty hard.

Chac(*2)! Reason: I don't like Valefor more in X2 than in X whitch means I really don't like him. So... Victory goes to Chac who also is much cooler and harder.

Trema(*3)! Reason: Much harder than the patetic Flame Dragon.

Concherer(*4)! Reason: Harder, stronger, whatever.

Master Tonberry(*5)! Reason: Tonberries are cool and this one is UBER COOL!!!

Elder Drake(*6)! Reason: It's pretty cool...

Ronso Youth! Reason: Hate the Leblance team.

Experiment! Reason: Ixion is the aeon I disslike the most.

Lacerta! Reason: Stupid "Gullwings".

YSLS-Zero! Reason: Don't remember who this one was... so I voted him/her/it. (sounds like "it").

Jumbo Cacutar! Reason: Jumbo Cactuar comeback from FFVIII! Cool, he is going to be one of the 6 winers. :D

Boris! Reason: Bah. Stiupid Nooj.

Bahamat! Reason: My fav aeon.

Angra Mainyu! Reason: Just because... (I don't remember who any of those two are.)

Ultima Weapon! Reason: Same reasons as in the FFVII, FFVIII and FFX boss tournaments.

Anything eater! Reason: It will eat ANYTHING! It will EAT Yojimbo! ...yea that's the bad reason. :D

Garik Ronso! Reason: Stiupid little Shuyin, Stiupid little Shuyin... :rolleyes2 Yea, that made no sense.

Magus Sisters! Reason: Hate the Leblance team.

Aranea! Reason: Because.

Azi Dahaka! Reason: Is so much stronger.

Shiva! Reason: The result if you mix something "hot" with something cold. :D

Chocobo Eater! Reason: He EATS CHOCOBOS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... oh, and I hate the Leblance team.

Anima! Reason: Second coolest aeon next to Bahamut.

Mushroom Cloud! Reason: ANYONE can beat this easy "thing" called a final boss... that's rigth! Even a MUSHROOM! :eek:

SpiritWolf
07-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Rikku

Valefor

Flame Dragon

Guardian beast

Baralai

Humbaba

Ormi

Ixion

Paine

Ifrit

Jumbo Cacutar

Nooj

Bahamat

Precepts Guard

Ultima Weapon

Yojimbo

Garik Ronso

Leblanc

Gippal

King Vermin

Shiva

Logos

Anima

Vegnegun

aeris2001x2
07-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey Ultima Shadow. the YSLS-Zero was the Yevon robot boss at the end of chapter one.

the Precepts Guard was a boss you fought in beville underground in chapter 2 that came out of the huge pit.

and the Angra Mainyu was the super boss you thought in Bikanel desert after completing the cacutar quest.

damn, i forgot u hate this game so it dont matter. thanks for still voting :cool: and you Spirit Wolf.

Ultima Shadow
07-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok, thanx for refreshing my mind. :D I wasn't as aware of every single enemy I encountered as I used to be in the other FFs.

:monster: Ok, I let you go this time.

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 01:33 AM
ok this game evidently is not very popular (i wonder why), but here are the first round results...

Paragon(*1) stomps on the annoying blonde 2-1.

Chac(*2) looks at Valefor and turns him 2 stone. 2-1 win.

Trema(*3) beats the flame dragon with so much ease. 2-1 victory.

Concherer(*4) wins by making the Guardian Beast dissolve in his drool. 2-1 melting.

Master Tonberry(*5) is so horrible that Baralai is paralysed with fear, easily allowing tonberry to slit his throat. 2-1 murder.

Two super bossess go head 2 head, but its like Dark Valefor taking on Nemesis, 2-1 victory to the dragon creature Elder Drake(*6)

Ormi sits on the frightened apes and farts them 2 death. 2-1 win to the Leblanc Stooge.

Experiment may be weak against lighting, but just how powerful is a lv5 experiment? Ixion loses 2-1, going down in seconds.

Lacerta has speed and is a super boss but fall's in love with the Gothic Chick and does anything she says, including decapitating itself. 2-1 win 2 Paine.

Ifrit frys the tin can. stuiped Beville low level Machina. 2-1 win to Ifrit.

Insect Matrich maybe much harder then the last boss, but its a JUMBO CACUTAR MAN! 3-0 win to the vegtable.

Nooj smacks the stuiped crab off the cliff with one swing of his stick. 2-1 win.

So what if he is harder? its BAHAMAT for god sake! 3-0 win for the king of dragons (did u know his ffIII, ffIV, ffVIII incarnations have all made the finals?)

All this super boss has to do is smack the ground and the guard scurrys of crying for his mummy. 2-1 victory to the devil of the sands.

And Ultima Weapon summons meteors to crush the annoying king of elementals. 3-0 battering.

Before he can become the main course, Yojimbo Zanmotos the eater, winning 2-1.

Lol, the last boss goes out in the first round, dumped out 2-1 by Garik Ronso. i wonder why...

the sisters whoop the ditzy drama queen 2-1.

Gippal turns on the heat of his machinery against the spirit of maester Kinoc, winning 2-1.

the pathetic bug cant do anything against the powerful superboss. another 2-1 win.

ok, this boss was cool in ffX but in this hes pathetic and not gonna dent the ravishing beauty of the ice queen. 3-0 to Shiva.

Logos exclaims his usual heralding (Parting is such sweet sorrow) as he shoots the Chocobo eater down 2-1.

Another boring super boss falls to the pure coolness of Anima, losing 3-0 to the Aeon.

Mushroom Cloud is much harder, but the memories of being continously status afflicated allows the all talk but no bite Machina to win 2-1.

ok and the second round matches are as follows...

Paragon(*1) V Angra Mainyu

Chac(*2) V Yojimbo

Trema(*3) V Shiva

Concherer(*4) Magus Sisters

Master Tonberry(*5) V Bahamat

Elder Drake(*6) V Nooj

Ormi V Ultima Weapon

Gippal V Paine

Anima V Jumbo Cacutar

Vegnegun V Logos

Garik Ronso V Experiment

Ifrit V Azi Dahaka

please get voting peeps. wednesday 12am is the deadline.

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 02:10 AM
LOL...1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2... only 3-0 for Ultima Weapon, Bahamut, Shiva, Anima and Jumbo Cactuar. :D

Paragon(*1)! Reason: So very, very, very much stronger.

Chac(*2)! Reason: Well, pretty much the same as above.

Trema(*3)! Reason: Once again... look above. :D

Magus Sisters! Reason: Not stronger... but can still be harder.

Bahamat! Reason: Nuff said.

Elder Drake(*6)! Reason: So much cooler, stronger and harder.

Ultima Weapon! Reason: Well, you all already know why.

Gippal! Reason: Just like him more.

Jumbo Cacutar! Reason: Not even Anima is cool enough for the Gigantic Cactuar!!!!

Vegnegun! Reason: Just because I don't like the Leblance team.

Experiment! Reason: Harder.

Azi Dahaka! Reason: Harder, more powerfull etc.

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 04:58 AM
hey ultimashadow. i was just wondering, whether u think after the boss finals if a enemy tournment would be any good?

i feel there are so many enemies so could get chaotic, and runs a huge risk of gettin boring but could be good 2. what do u think? it be cool 2 see which enemy type rules, tonberry's, behemoths, iron giants etc...

SpiritWolf
07-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Angra Mainyu

Yojimbo

Shiva

Magus Sisters

Bahamat

Nooj

Ormi

Gippal

Anima

Logos

Garik Ronso

Azi Dahaka

I think an enemy tournament would be cool

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 10:56 AM
hey ultimashadow. i was just wondering, whether u think after the boss finals if a enemy tournment would be any good?

i feel there are so many enemies so could get chaotic, and runs a huge risk of gettin boring but could be good 2. what do u think? it be cool 2 see which enemy type rules, tonberry's, behemoths, iron giants etc...
It sounds intresting... but I guess there should be many monsters that none knows which ones they are + the tournaments whould be very loooooooooooong... don't know how many who whould take the time to write down their votes... but maybe it could work out good. Sounds like a pretty good idea.
I think Cactuars or Tonberries whould be the winners... or maybe Behemoths... nope, MARLBOROS whould rule all!

Triple T
07-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Angra Mainyu

Yojimbo

Shiva

Magus Sisters

Master Tonberry

Elder Drake

Ormi

Paine <3

Jumbo Cacutar

Logos

Experiment

Azi Dahaka

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 04:17 PM
ok, i think i,ll scratch that then. now about a summon tournment? there are 64 different summons i,ve found, so there easily ready 2 start a tournment on them very soon.

i would use the same structure i,m planning for the boss finals, so it would be like a practise run of the boss tournment.

and also Bahamat is not nessacrily gonna win, there is tough competition and also Neo Bahamat and Zero Bahamat :cool: . could be pretty interesting. ppl, what are your thoughts?

p.s- i,m voting KOR all the way :D

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Now that sounds great. I guess that's a better idea. KotR is like the only summoning that I never get tierd of... but I still like FFIX Bahamut the most.

ps: Eden is pretty cool to... but, summoning is overdoing it a little... the dammage of that attack should have been like 999,999 if it was for real.

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 07:18 PM
very true, Eden was a let down. but it if it did 999,999, it would have made Omega even easier :eek: .

anyway i think i will put a summon tournment on wednesday. oh there is not going to be a bahamat per game, A.K.A- there is going to be 1 bahamat, not 8 :eek: same for other summons, but written next to the summon will be all the games he can be summoned in.

if i do this, seperate brothers into sacred and minotaur, seperate magus sisters into sandy, mindy and cindy, and count the mog from choco/mog as a seperate summon, there is 64 :)

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Will you seperate all the knigths in KotR as well? lol :D

SpiritWolf
07-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I think a summon tournament would be awesome

aeris2001x2
07-27-2004, 11:25 AM
i,ve decided to move the deadline forward since no one has voted recently and i wont be on a computer till friday. and thus, the second round results are...

Paragon(*1) and Angra Mainyu, two huge b******* go head to head and draw 2-2...

and in sudden death, Paragon just gets in that extra hit to protect his status as top seed.

and another 2-2 draw between Chac(*2) and Yojimbo...

and the seed again shows his quality in the sudden death

guess what? Trema(*3) and Shiva draw 2-2

ok, i,m not fixing these, but the third heads coin flip gives Trema(*3) a sudden death victory

and the Concherer(*4) is the first seed casulty, comprehensivly beaten 3-1 by the Magus Sisters.

and the dragon king draws 2-2 with the tonberry king...

Seriously, a FOURTH heads coin flip in a row gives Master Tonberry(*5) victory over Bahamat, the first incarnation of Bahamat to not make the finals...

Elder Drake(*6) is the only seed to win without any calls of fixing, beating Nooj 3-1

Somehow the fat blimp Ormi held Ultima Weapon to a 2-2 draw...

and Ormi progress in sudden death (what is with my coin 2day, its heads no matter how i flip it, no its not a double headed coin)

Gippal and paine unite in another 2-2 draw

and finally a tails on my coin indicates that Paine has progressed

u know the drill- Anima and Jumbo Cacutar got 2-2

and Jumbo Cacutar must have cheated and got his little helpers 2 pin Anima down, for he is out...

ok, Logos must have tranced, reached limit break, took the food of the gods and reached lv 99 for he has held Vegnegun 2-2...

But he ultimately cant defeat the beast, losing in sudden death

finally, a win that did not have sudden death. Experiment beats on the Shuyin conqueor 3-1.

and the only 100% win goes to Azi Dahaka who crushes Ifrit 4-0

ok the third and final round of the ffX-2 boss tournment is as follows...

Paragon(*1) V Ormi

Chac(*2) V Paine

Trema(*3) V Experiment

Master Tonberry(*5) V Vegnegun

Elder Drake(*6) V Magus Sisters

Azi Dahaka V Jumbo Cacutar

thanks 4 voting. this deadline 4 sure is saturday 12am

SpiritWolf
07-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Ormi

Paine

Experiment

Vegnegun

Magus Sisters

Azi Dahaka

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 12:23 AM
Somehow the fat blimp Ormi held Ultima Weapon to a 2-2 draw...

IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!!

and Ormi progress in sudden death (what is with my coin 2day, its heads no matter how i flip it, no its not a double headed coin)

*Dies*

Very well...

Paragon(*1)

Chac(*2)

Trema(*3)

Master Tonberry(*5)

Elder Drake(*6)

Jumbo Cacutar

Sorry, feel to down to post reasons rigth now. :rolleyes2

Edit: Whoa! I really voted in the last second!

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 12:31 AM
. i didnt know this game was hated that much...

Paragon(*1) beats the fat blob 2-1

and the king of basilisks Chac(*2) wins 2-1

Trema(*3) the ex ruler of new yevon crushes the Albheds most powerful Machina 2-1

Master Tonberry(*5) defeats the pathetic excuse for a beville machina 2-1
Elder Drake(*6) eats the anoying sisters 2-1

and of course, Azi Dahaka beats Jumbo Cacutar 2-1

so the ffX-2 finalist are...

Paragon
Chac
Trema
Master Tonberry
Elder Drake
Azi Dahaka

thanks for voting...(seriously :cool: )

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 12:35 AM
lol the feeling down thing was because of Ultimas lose against Ormi.
But now when he got beated by Paragon I feel better.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 12:37 AM
well ormi finally met his maker! :D

hey ultima, whos your fav 2 win? and who do u think will win?

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 01:01 AM
In the final tournament Ultima Weapon from FFVIII will be my fav. I have no idea who will win.