PDA

View Full Version : edit posts

-N-
07-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Okay, how many times do you edit your posts? There's a nifty little thing I found that if you edit as soon as you post, the little "edited last" notification doesn't show - I guess if it's within the minute or something. So I keep abusing this feature, and post, and then edit and fiddle with it and stuff. I'd say I edit every post at least once - be it for grammar's sake (mostly), semantics (you have to phrase things carefully or people go nuts on you) or content (like changing my mind about something or stuff).

CloudDragon
07-20-2004, 05:30 AM
I don't edit my posts too much, but when I do it's usually for a few reasons. I've either made some typo, spelling mistake, or grammar error, and I'll go back and change that; or I need to add some content that I thought of later. Something along those lines anyway.

EDIT: I had to edit this post due to a typo. :grover:

Big D
07-20-2004, 05:30 AM
I edit my posts whenever I spot a typo, be it spelling or grammar. Doesn't happen too often, but more than I'd like, if I'm posting in a hurry.

However, as a job-perk of being a mod, the "last edited by" thingy doesn't appear when I edit my own posts, or someone else's. Since most of EoFF is kind and rule-abiding, I rarely have to edit another person's post to delete spam, flame or profanity.:)

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-20-2004, 05:32 AM
I have never edited my posts. Ever.

Erdrick Holmes
07-20-2004, 05:33 AM
I edit my posts to add to them or to correct terrible spelling mistakes.

escobert
07-20-2004, 05:34 AM
I don't edit my posts too much, but when I do it's usually for a few reasons. I've either made some typo, spelling mistake, or grammar error, and I'll go back and change that; or I need to add some content that I thought of later. Something along those lines anyway.

EDIT: I had to edit this post due to a typo. :grover:
same here

Loony BoB
07-20-2004, 12:50 PM
I edit my posts all the time. I think I'm almost famous for my "EDIT BY BoB:" thing because people have commented on it more than a couple of times. But yeah, I try to mark every single one of my edits unless it's just a typo or something.

Polaris
07-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Sometimes I edit it when there ae some mistakes or I forgot to say smth so I edit... :)!

Triple T
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Somtimes I'll edit them. If I spot a big typo, I will. But if it's just a small one that almost no one will notice, I won't. It's not a big deal for me, actually.

o_O
07-20-2004, 02:59 PM
I'll always mark my edits if it's to add content to my posts, but that rarely happens. Yet, I still edit my posts all the time, to correct typos and such. If nobody else has noticed/pointed out my typo, I usually don't bother marking it, but if it has had any effect on the thread, I do. A lot of the time I can't be bothered fixing errors I make. :p

Rye
07-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I edit a lot. It's fun to list the reason why you've edited the post. xD

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I don't make mistakes, so there's no reason for me to edit my posts. I'm practically perfect in every way. *guffaw*

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Okay, how many times do you edit your posts? There's a nifty little thing I found that if you edit as soon as you post, the little "edited last" notification doesn't show - I guess if it's within the minute or something. So I keep abusing this feature, and post, and then edit and fiddle with it and stuff. I'd say I edit every post at least once - be it for grammar's sake (mostly), semantics (you have to phrase things carefully or people go nuts on you) or content (like changing my mind about something or stuff).

You know, if you do all that stuff before you actually post, you can skip that whole "edit" thing and save time. >_>;;

But that's just me... *Shrugs*

I rarely edit, unless I make an obvious mistake—but I don't make mistakes... so there ya' go. ;P

Logan
07-20-2004, 04:51 PM
I edit my posts if there's something I want to add, or if I made a spelling error or grammar error. Which isn't too often, but it happens.

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
I edit my posts if there's something I want to add, or if I made a spelling error or grammar error. Which isn't too often, but it happens.

Psst... Don't tell them that... Never show weakness!... or something. >_>;;

TasteyPies
07-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Every post 2-8 times unless I know I didn't mess anything up.

Yamaneko
07-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't edit because I'm perfcet.

Psychotic
07-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Quite a lot.

EDIT: Yeah. A quite a lot.
EDIT2: Really.
EDIT3: Yup.
EDIT4: OK, maybe a lot then.
EDIT5: OK I'm bored now :greenie:

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I don't edit because I'm perfcet.

Dually noted. ;P

Storm
07-20-2004, 06:31 PM
I edit my posts way too much, and usually more than 10 minutes after posting. A lot of the time you will notice the "Last edited by Storm at xx:xx" caption at the bottom of my post.

I can't stand looking at my own spelling or grammar mistakes. It reflects badly upon myself if I do so, and I become quickly disinterested in other people's posts if I see too many mistakes. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive at times.

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm a bit obsessive compulsive at times.

Join the club. >_>;;

Cz
07-20-2004, 06:47 PM
I only ever really edit my posts for spelling or grammar reasons, but I don't check very thoroughly, so it often comes down to chance whether I spot anything or not.

nik0tine
07-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Sometimes I edit it when there ae some mistakes or I forgot to say smth so I edit... :)!

i think you should edit this one. ;)

Mr. Graves
07-21-2004, 12:18 AM
For Typoes, or end up up leaving word(s) out of my posts on accident.

Kirobaito
07-21-2004, 12:55 AM
I don't ever edit my posts because I am the greatest person to ever exist on the face of the planet. Not including Buck Showalter, of course.

Shlup
07-21-2004, 01:29 AM
I typo a lot, and mess up tags a lot, and never preview a post.

-N-
07-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Dually noted. ;P

That's duly noted, my friend.

*adds crap about how you suck and stuff and throws your earlier comments back at you* :D

square_is_the_best
07-21-2004, 01:59 AM
I have never edited my posts. Ever.

Way to keep your word. :rolleyes:

I rarely edit my posts. Only for typos and rewording and stuff.

Del Murder
07-21-2004, 02:32 AM
My typing sucks.

kikimm
07-21-2004, 02:39 AM
I have a real problem with spelling. I don't look at the screen, and I'm always typing really fast, so i make about 10 mistakes in each post. A lot of the time i'm just too lazy to go bakc and edit them, so it stays unreadable. *shrug*

Sometimes I do go back and edit because there's something I fogot to say, but it's rarae that that happens.

:D

m4tt
07-21-2004, 02:58 AM
I just edited each of your posts. :D?

<!--not really-->

Agent Proto
07-21-2004, 03:11 AM
I wish I was a knight, I don't like seeing the last editted crap. :(

Rainecloud
07-21-2004, 07:26 AM
I'll edit my post if I notice any major mistakes/flaws.

I usually read through my post once more before I submit it, so I don't normally need to edit anything.

Silmaril
07-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I always edit my posts and i don't list the reason why i did it either. I usually edit the minute i post so the little "edited" thingy doesn't come.