PDA

View Full Version : Your Wedding (If You Choose that Path)

Kirobaito
07-20-2004, 08:32 AM
I was just thinking...for those of you who plan on getting married, how would you like to see it happen? Like any requirements for the place, music, etc. And for those of us who have gotten married, what was it like in those same regards?

I only have requirement, and I've had it for about five years. I need to hear Michael Peterson's <i>From Here to Eternity</i>. I've heard it a lot the last few days, and that plan has gotten back to the front of my mind, so I'm obsessing over the song a bit. I'd like for it to be in a church, but I realize that in this world, a willing wife for that is getting harder and harder to find. >.<

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Isaac Hayes + Theme From Shaft + Las Vegas = AWESOME

Polaris
07-20-2004, 09:22 AM
I'd like it to be in a garden, in England. All in white and lots of flowers red, pink, all kind of flowers and I don't want many people, it's a wedding not a party! The song would be when I got in the church 'Song in G minnor' from Albinoni Tomasso.

And I entered in the church with my grandfather and with a beautiful dress like the those in the 18th century but more modern then the best man and Megami and my future husband there waiting for me...

After the celebrity we would go to honeymoon... I'd love to go to Greece, Italy or Egypt...

gokufusionss1
07-20-2004, 09:26 AM
i'd kinnda like to be in love with my potential wife, thats i'll need...... and maybe a bouncy castle.

Jebus
07-20-2004, 10:24 AM
I don't believe in marriage. <_<

Buuuut. I guess if I'm serious with someone and she wants to then I have no problems. The closest thing I would do that's closest to marriage would be a blood pact. Both parties make a cut on their hand/wrist/arm and tie them together for a short time. I may not like pain, but if I'm serious with someone I wouldn't care.

Cloud_99
07-20-2004, 11:23 AM
ok no offence Jebus but that's kinda weird. But each to his own I guess.

I'm more inclined to agree with Divinity. Just a nice wedding on a nice day. Wonderful. :p

Jebus
07-20-2004, 11:27 AM
ok no offence Jebus but that's kinda weird. But each to his own I guess.

Of course. Although most people think its weird of me that I think being called weird is a compliment.

sephxangel
07-20-2004, 11:27 AM
um...lemme see...i want "Cannonball" played as i walk down the isle...and DJ sammy's "heaven: candelight version" played for the dance. oh, and i will have an outdorr wedding= no church.

And no PINK.

Polaris
07-20-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't know but churches aren't the same thing... It's not don't like it's you are getting amrried and you saw Jesus Chris there... why you wouldn't kike to marry in a church?

sephxangel
07-20-2004, 11:35 AM
i'd basically get married just cause you get to have a nice dress and have a pretty setup...the religion part of it...pfft. i'm not one for it.
just say the nice words and then i do. no kind of scripture in my wedding ( as some of my family has done) ugh.

Triple T
07-20-2004, 01:49 PM
A church, guests, a bride. The usual. I'd just want it over fast.

But I don't really plan to get married though...

Project G
07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I agree with Divinity too

escobert
07-20-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't really care whatever my wife to be wants.

Project G
07-20-2004, 02:54 PM
That's ok, if you have deep pockets

escobert
07-20-2004, 03:28 PM
The brides family usually pays for the wedding :p

Misfit
07-20-2004, 03:36 PM
In the forest with all my wildlife friends. ^____^

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
In Columbia, SC there's this huge tree called the Angel Oak that's over a thousand years old. I want to see if they'll let me stand in/on it to get married.

And I want a violin/guitar/clarinet combo to play music. None of this sissy organ crap. And I, for one, don't want to be in love when I get married. :rolleyes2

Rusty
07-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I'd like a beach wedding. With Suteki Da Ne played instead of "here comes the bride" :)

Thats as far as my thinking goes concerning my wedding, seeing as I wont be married for at least another 5 to 10 years.

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Alright, picture this:

Me, my wife, the best man, and the maid of honor... dressed up like the Ninja Turtles. Of course, I'll be Michelangelo (because he's so rad). The minister (should the wife request one) will be dressed as Splinter—walking stick and everything. The setting, of course, will be in the sewers of NYC—where else could we possibly host a Ninja Turtles Wedding? :P For dinner, we'll be serving pizza. *Nods*

That's the jist of it... I just have one more thing to say:

Greatest Wedding Ev3r!!1!!one!!1!

:D

Satomi
07-20-2004, 05:50 PM
All I want is Sateki Da Ne played for teh dance and everything else can go however..I really don't care I stioll have years before I get married

Kirobaito
07-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Alright, picture this:

Me, my wife, the best man, and the maid of honor... dressed up like the Ninja Turtles. Of course, I'll be Michelangelo (because he's so rad). The minister (should the wife request one) will be dressed as Splinter—walking stick and everything. The setting, of course, will be in the sewers of NYC—where else could we possibly host a Ninja Turtles Wedding? :P For dinner, we'll be serving pizza. *Nods*

I am starting to really like you, Amnesiac. :)

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
I am starting to really like you, Amnesiac. :)

I don't blame you. :D

xD

Daryl
07-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Hmm. Well, it will be in the fall with all the pretty autumn colors. Say... October 22nd, 2005. ;) At the church I go to on occasion, since that's the only church in this state we have any ties to. Not too fussy, but nice. Family and friends, yadda yadda. A classy, but not too expensive reception... no clue where. And no hokey pokey dance.

Don't really know much on the details. It will be mostly shades of lavendar and purple for the colors, maybe a bit of dark forest green tossed in. I have no clue what we will do on music, except that I will probably sing something, cause my fiance really likes my voice. Dunno what, tho'. I should pick some Japanese theme from a video game, like, uh... *scratches head* I'm not sure what would work nicely at a wedding. Not that anyone there would know what the words meant!

And I also plan to have a pre-wedding wedding party with the people we can't invite to the ceremony without starting a small riot... i.e., a bunch of our online friends from EoFF and other places.

kikimm
07-20-2004, 10:13 PM
I really don't want to get maried for some eason. why can't we just live together? same thing, except you're not going to fight over "you stole money from our joint account, didn't tell me" blah blah. much easier.

but i guess if i went all psycho and did get married...something simple. although i do want a lot of people there. i would like for it to be outside-i always feel more at ease when i'm outside, in the sun. i guess that would be what i want. i don't want to spend thousands of dollars on it either---there are much better things to spend your money on than that one day.

SeeDRankLou
07-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Skydiving. Me, my fiance, the two bests, the ring bearer, the priest, anyone else who wants to join the skydiving, and someone with a camera filming it live for everyone on the ground (wimps!) to watch. The ceremony happens (very carefully), we exchange rings, we kiss, we all pull our parachutes, and we lands at the reception, where everyone else was watching. Then party.

But since I can't get married (legally at least), that will probably never happen.

Shlup
07-21-2004, 01:33 AM
The only thing that is probably a requirement for me is that I be married outside in a garden. BJ said he wanted to get married in a church, but my logic is that rather than getting married in a house that man made for God, its more appropriate to get married in the house God made for man. I would rather have God's sun shining on me than man's florecent tubes.

Yamaneko
07-21-2004, 01:38 AM
I want to get married while skydiving too. I'd throw all the guests out of the plane, the caterers, the musicians, etc. Even the food. I would get married, eat, dance and eat cake all in four minutes! That, or get married in space, outside the space station.

Dr Unne
07-21-2004, 01:52 AM
I think ceremonies serve no purpose other than showing off to your friends and family. The vows themselves aren't even vows; if you haven't made the same vows and more a thousand times before you've gotten to the altar, then any words you say at that moment are hollow. Maybe some people like that kind of thing; to each his/her own. There are better ways of showing your love for someone than dressing up and parading yourself around on stage like some kind of performing monkey.

-N-
07-21-2004, 01:54 AM
I don't blame you. :D I am starting to really like you, Amnesiac.xD

Hear hear. *gives Amnesiac position in the CCT Department* :D

Del Murder
07-21-2004, 02:31 AM
I would prefer as few people as possible, which is like 4 or something. We can have a party later if people want to, but the actual ceremony is boring and a lot of pointless money wasting. I'll probably never get married. :D

Shlup
07-21-2004, 05:03 AM
I think ceremonies serve no purpose other than showing off to your friends and family. The vows themselves aren't even vows; if you haven't made the same vows and more a thousand times before you've gotten to the altar, then any words you say at that moment are hollow. Maybe some people like that kind of thing; to each his/her own. There are better ways of showing your love for someone than dressing up and parading yourself around on stage like some kind of performing monkey.Times like this, Unne... Argh. You can be so frustrating.

Kirobaito
07-21-2004, 05:05 AM
Times like this, Unne... Argh. You can be so frustrating.
I agree. That disappointed me a little. I'm surprised that anyone would not love to be in a wedding, atleast as a groom or bride. Attending it is another story.

Yamaneko
07-21-2004, 05:07 AM
I chuckled when I read the last sentence of Unne's post. :)

escobert
07-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Yeah my brother Kris got married last weekend and I was in the wedding party. It was so hot wearing a tux in the middle of the day with the sun glarring on you. But the open bar reception was good :)

Jebus
07-21-2004, 05:08 AM
I agree. That disappointed me a little. I'm surprised that anyone would not love to be in a wedding, atleast as a groom or bride. Attending it is another story.

Maybe. But he IS right. Marriage is pretty useless when you think about it. I like my idea better.

Kirobaito
07-21-2004, 05:11 AM
Maybe in your opinion. In my opinion a person's wedding is the best day of a person's life, where they declare their love for another person to the world and are joined together before God.

-N-
07-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Maybe. But he IS right. Marriage is pretty useless when you think about it. I like my idea better.

Which was?

*realizes he won't get an immediate answer, so trudges back through the thread* :D

Oh, that. Well. Have fun with that, man. :D

I'd definitely do an Indian wedding in India - way better than all the marriages I've seen and heard about here. They may not have basic needs fulfilled there, but damn can they marry people. :D

Silmaril
07-21-2004, 11:22 AM
A quiet one on a nice with the man i love (and he absolutely worships me) surrounded by the people i love. :love:

I don't think weddings should be too lavish coz then married life becomes one big drag coz all the excitement is all over and the couple is looking at each other and going "boooooooring".

sephxangel
07-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Alright, picture this:

i'll take pics and video tape it if you invite me. :)