PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the name of this game. Make it your goal in life.

Loony BoB
07-20-2004, 01:06 PM
The name of a two player RPG for the PSX. I know there was one, I just can't remember for the life of me what it was called. Both characters would be on the same screen, meaning you couldn't wander far from each other, but I liked it because Dino (neighbour at the time) and I would have great fun on it, being a two player RPG and all. It was Zelda-style when it came to battles, hack and slash and whatnot. Similar quality graphics Zelda/Alundra, too, I think... can't remember either game that well but yeah. =x

EDIT: I think it was named something similar to the Might and Magic games. Swords and Sorcery? Who knows... not me. I want to though.
:(

White Raven
07-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Sounds a lot like Phantasy Star Online: Episodes 1 and 2 for GameCube, but that ain't it.

But that game does sound interesting, please tell me once you find out what it is.

Loony BoB
07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
I've had a dig through the PSX RPG list on gamefaqs, searching for all cases of "&" or "and" - I think it might be Blaze & Blade. I've put a bid on eBay for it, but it'll take a week before I find out if it's the game I'm thinking of (let alone if I get the game!).

If you're interested in it, just keep in mind that it's nothing amazing when it comes to story and whatnot. The only reason you should really play this game is if you want to have some fun with your mates and you're sick of all the normal multiplayer games out there.

I think you can get up to four players. Might want to read the review on gamefaqs if you like.

HOOTERS
07-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Yeah I have Blaze and Blade. It's pretty good, the fact that you can play four players makes up for the almost complete lack of story line. :smash: I still have 8Ball, my childish-talking lvl 80-something wizard saved. :wizard:

Just the very words "multiplayer action rpg" gives me a wood. But then sometimes it goes away especially when I hear I need friggin gameboy advances. :cry: Stupid Nintendo. :frust:

Endless
07-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Screenshots from Blaze and Blade if you haven't checked yet:
http://alexandria.rpgclassics.com/game.php?game=504

-N-
07-21-2004, 02:10 AM
I believe seeing Gauntlet Legend or something like that have that kind of feature. *doesn't know for sure*