PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha is family entertainment?

TasteyPies
07-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Inuyasha is "light blue" aka "family entertainment" by the standards of the tv guide channel.

I kind of found it hard to believe. A guy that constantly feels up chicks, all the blood, demons, loss of limbs, hands through stomachs, charicters throwing blood at each other and the occasional DAMN IT KAGOME! Doesn't seem to fit the bill to me. I'm not saying its an adult show or that kids should never be allowed to watch it. I am saying it shouldn't be grouped with blues clues and little bill.

What do you think about the rating? Im thinking they looked at the cast and thought "Hmm another japanese anime with little monsters like a little fox, a guy with puppy ears and the occasional banter from a sub charicter girl and guy....must be like pokemon!"

SomethingBig
07-20-2004, 11:50 PM
This reminds me of how Barbarella was rated PG.

Maybe they meant that it's family entertainment for Japanese families, because it's perfectly fine for kids in Japan?

Triple T
07-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Maybe the TV Guide Channel is biased that all Anime is for little kids i.e Pokemon, Cardcaptors.

SomethingBig
07-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I dunno... Card Captor Sakura shouldn't really be for kids. It has a lot of Yuri(lesbian) elements in it.

chu52
07-21-2004, 08:36 PM
The edited version of cardcaptors didn't, like the edited sailor moon said that Neptune and Uranus where "cousins",(everyone who gets that feel free to have a good laugh now) but even edited Inuyasha is not for children, hence the 11:00 or in some places 12:00 time slot (at night)

CloudSquallandZidane
07-21-2004, 09:15 PM
At my house it comes on 12:30.

Yeh i love that show to death but theres no way that its PG maybe PG13 at highest but not PG.

Its a great show though every1 should watch it.

Erdrick Holmes
07-21-2004, 09:23 PM
I'd laugh if I seen Aramatage III in Light blue.

Inuyasha does kick ass though. *Drools over Kagome*

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Inu-Yasha's on 12:30 am on Mondays - Thursdays and the new episodes show on Saturday at 12:00 am.

Does anyone see the resemblence between Kagome and Kikyo? I can never see how they look alike.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-22-2004, 02:04 AM
Inuyasha probably isn't for children, even with the gratuitous editing that it usually undergoes before it reaches American eyes. Probably somewhere around PG13, though I'm not incredibly familiar with it.

Chzn8r
07-22-2004, 03:45 AM
As far as I know, it's on Adult Swim (which has a parental warning for kids younger than 14 at the beginning of every hour) and is rated TV-14 with a few of those little letters (d, s, v, etc...)

CloudSquallandZidane
07-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Inu-Yasha's on 12:30 am on Mondays - Thursdays and the new episodes show on Saturday at 12:00 am.

Does anyone see the resemblence between Kagome and Kikyo? I can never see how they look alike.

Sometimes they look alike other times they dont its really weird.

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 04:43 PM
As far as I know, it's on Adult Swim (which has a parental warning for kids younger than 14 at the beginning of every hour) and is rated TV-14 with a few of those little letters (d, s, v, etc...)
What angered me about Adult Swim, when it was just a little baby, was how the warnings at the beginning of every show would say, "Some material may not be suitable for children under the age of eighteen," when some shows, like Pilot Candidate, would have a rating of TV-PG and others would have TV-14 as opposed to TV-MA.

eternalshiva
07-22-2004, 06:07 PM
It's on late at night... who ever keeps their kids up that late or tapes the show for them obviously is not concerned with the amount of violence in it. I <3 Inuyasha and the shows are tamer in violence then the movies. I know that the show in Japan is also played later at night, so obviously, it's not intended for 5 year olds. Use your own discretion. The monk is just a joke. He gropes everything in sight but it never gets anywhere. There is no nudity in the TV episodes... manga does ;p and some mild well choreographed hidden nudity in the movies. Make your own decision on the rating, view it first and decide if that's what you want your kids to watch. Rating is just a general guideline and they recomend PG 13. Personally I think that anime is not for kids period. It deals with more 'adult' themes a 10 year old couldn't really understand ;p I'm 24 and I watch it. I <3 it.

crono_logical
07-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Eh, it was ok for the first 54 or so eps it took for him to do that Baakaryuuha move or whatever with that Tetsusaiga sword or something of his, then just got long and boring and repetitive after that :p

TasteyPies
07-23-2004, 11:41 AM

When Kikyo takes the tie out of her hair and throws it back she looks alot like Kagome...even though Kikyo's hair falls strait and Kagome's hair has more lift. You can also see the resemblence when Kikyo smiles.

This has been a helpfull post from your neighborhood cartoon babe watcher.

SomethingBig
07-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Inu-Yasha also has the traditional hot-springs episodes, but they never really show anything.

TasteyPies
07-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Im sure the unedited version was a bit more fun.

Dragonfire
07-23-2004, 10:37 PM
The anime un-edited or not, doesn't show "anything" to my knowledge, and I have the dvds from eps 1-120. I do know that the original manga version from Shonen Sunday (i think it was from here) had some nudity. There' also some in the "Art of Inuyasha" book, that you can get at any place that sells manga.

Freya
07-24-2004, 03:01 AM
I think it's anytime after 9pm they can play pg 13 things and not edit the words with "You bleeping bleep hole!" I think they can also show more stuff but yeah.

ZeZipster
07-24-2004, 03:25 AM
Inu-Yasha also has the traditional hot-springs episodes, but they never really show anything.

Rumiko did in the manga. But that's different, I think. Miroku (the monk) never actually gets to do anything with the girls, or say anything too bad (because of Shippo, the 7 year old fox demon). I'd say it's not much worse than Shrek, which has a ton of sexual innuendos, but nothing violent. I really think the rating will change when Jakotsu is introduced.

TasteyPies
07-24-2004, 03:30 AM
I'd say it's not much worse than Shrek, which has a ton of sexual innuendos, but nothing violent. I really think the rating will change when Jakotsu is introduced.

But shrek never got an almost fatal wound then shove his hand in that wound covering his hand in his own blood to fling it at enemies hacking them to pieces....so how is it family entertainment again?

ZeZipster
07-24-2004, 04:21 AM
I don't know, but I do want to see shrek do that.

Dragonfire
07-24-2004, 07:32 AM
I think it's anytime after 9pm they can play pg 13 things and not edit the words with "You bleeping bleep hole!" I think they can also show more stuff but yeah.

you're referring to the safe harbor rules, which basically make it so that you can't too much violence, or describe any kind of sexual or excretory function, or say any of the "7 dirty words" between the hours of 6am and 10pm. But this only applies to the airwaves (broadcast telvision and radio). Cable and Satellite TV and Satellite Radio are in the clear. Though every channel has their own Standards & Practices. Cartoon Netowrk/Adult Swim could show hentai if they really wanted to.

CloudSquallandZidane
07-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Anyone notice in the first movie(*Loves that trancends time*), Kagome looks totally different... She no longer resembles Kikiyo.

Movie is also not something i would rate PG based soley on the language content.

Dragonfire
07-24-2004, 09:17 AM
'cept for that part where she is dressed in the same outfit Kikyo wears... got me confused at first.