PDA

View Full Version : problems with XP

psychoff7
07-20-2004, 08:47 PM
hi there
i have installed FF VII after a long time again and then installed the patch. when the patch was installed, my system hang up and nothing else was going. so i rebooted and tried to start FF VII. then short time black screen and then it return to the windows desktop. :confused:

thank you before

psycho

Yogtheterrible
07-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Yeah I have the same problem. I just had the feeling to start playing FFVII again but after I installed the patch it just did the same thing as before: spent a minute getting to the New Game/continue choice then just showed a black screen. And I can't get rid of it unless I take out the disc.

TasteyPies
07-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Try running dxdiag..I had the same problem with another game and it turned out it was my main driver...so I made anew computer account and that fixed it...try that.

Yogtheterrible
07-24-2004, 12:43 AM
I just ran that program and it said nothing was wrong.

Ok I managed to get it work when I uninstalled FFVII and reinstalled it but right when everyone was getting off the train in the first part the background went black (I could still see the characters). The Pointer is also messed up and isn't the font supposed to be white not gray?

OK i fixed that too.

psychoff7
07-24-2004, 02:08 PM
ok fixed it! nearly i think.

just install FF VII again and then DONT install the patch! if you now start the game just press enter when the black screen apears! then youll reach the main menue. the only problem: you cant watch movies in the game anymore. there are just black screens.

so far
psycho