PDA

View Full Version : To the people who've played Golden Sun I & II

MateriaBladeVII
07-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Okay, Golden Sun vets-
I'm at the very end of the first game, and I'm just curious about the whole item transfer to the sequel. How does it work? Is it only the items you have in your inventory are transfered to the next game- or is it every item you've ever acquired is sent to the next game, including the Artifacts you've sold to the Item & Weapon Shops that appear Artifact's List? Cuz I've spent loads of time acquiring every artifact in the first game and I'm just curious if all that is just to waste. I also wanna know if I should pack my inventory full so I can bring the most I can over to it. So- which is it?

omnitarian
07-21-2004, 01:27 AM
It transfers your inventory. It can't send things over that are sitting in a shop window. Of course, if you want the items in GS2, you can buy them back and then send them over. I dunno why you would want to lug around weak equipment, though.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-21-2004, 02:09 AM
There is really no point in transfering weaker equipment over. You begin Golden Sun 2 using Felix, Jenna, and Sheba. You later get Piers. At the end of the Jupiter Lighthouse, you will meet up with Isaac, Garett, Ivan and Mia. Unless you did a good deal of leveling up with the first party beforehand, they'll probably all be at a fairly low level compared to your own characters. Furthermore, their equipement will be weaker than what the stuff you have with Felix, Jenna, Sheba and Piers. Finally, much of the equipment available in the first game at earlier levels you will pick up in the second game as you go through with Felix's group.

MateriaBladeVII
07-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Hmmm... well, I guess I just wasted a lot of time then. lol. See- I'm one of those weird people who like to collect every item there is in the game cuz I just see it as another challenge. I don't care if the equipment I acquire is weak or not- it's all still rare items, and that's just what I'm aiming for. I dunno- guess I'm just weird.

I spent forever trying to get the Kikuichimonji from a Fenrir in Venus Lighthouse. It must have taken me days fighting and fighting and fighting those damn things- and I finally sign on and check GameFAQs.com and it turns out that it had a trick (the RNG Method) that took me like 5 secs to get it. URGH! I hate the fact that I wasted so much valuable time!

Incidentally, Kikuichimonji is an AWESOME weapon! The Psynergy Unleash, Asura is so cool! It looks like Sephiroth appears behind Ivan to join him in his attack. Even though that is totally impossible. lol. I just like to look at it that way.

Hey- I'm having some trouble with the RNG Method for getting a Feathered Robe from a Wild Gryphon that GameFAQs.com gave me. Does anyone have a better one that works?