PDA

View Full Version : Rare, Mythical Creatures.

Rase
07-21-2004, 08:04 AM
I waas reading the mythical creatures thread, and it got me thinking. Do you know of any mythical creatures you think are pretty rare, as in not many people know about thier legends? Please, only real ones, not ones you've created.

I have one I heard from my grandpa, who was from the Tlingit tribe of Alaska. It's called a Kushtika (I think I spelled it correctly). It's a half-beaver, half-human creature that lives in the mountains and comes down only to carry off little children. It is very strong, and only the greatest warriors can kill them.

Polyonymous
07-21-2004, 09:43 AM
i dont know of any and i dont think anyone else does either..... but maybe they do, w/e

o_O
07-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Ogopogo, aside from being a monster on the Moon, is a sea fiend that lives in rivers that are in close proximity to farms in South America, and eats livestock when the farmers try to lead their animals across the rivers.

EDIT: "spoiler" -> "bigspoiler"big

Ehrye
07-21-2004, 11:37 PM
hmm let me see. There was that thing...oh should I tell them. Or make them wait in suspense. Ah ooh twisting the brain. yes have you ever heard of... I don't remember its name,but it's this big white thing that apears every so often in a river near missouri. There's a story of it. This native American was out in his canoe and he saw this white island. When he poked it with his paddle it could be pushed in. Most pecuilar thing he ever saw. So, he went on top of it and saw that it had a tail. He got scared and went to get back in the canoe but, the thing started thrashing wildly. As in all stories of monsters "He was never seen again" which brings me to confusion. If he was never heard of again then how did others know what happened :confused: ahh twisting the brain. LOL have a nice day

Giga Guess
07-25-2004, 02:21 AM
Here in Canada, according to Native lore there was a spirit known a Napi, a mischevious spirit. I don't recall any of the legends off hand, though.

Proxy
07-26-2004, 06:01 AM
not really a legendary creature, or mythical, but the Tazmanian Wolf...I think they are still alive, and I would really like to see one :)
there is one thing that I heard off of the Discovery Channel (they have neet shows like this every so often) about some sort of half-man, half-tazmanian devil creature, about the size of a common german sheppard, but it can walk upright as well as on all 4's...If I could remember what it was, i'd post some pics that people have posted.
Lotsa scary things out there I tells ya...I'm sure some of them exist.

Rainecloud
07-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Hedgehogs. I've seen plenty in my lifetime, but they were all dead.

I'll be surprised if I ever see one that's alive.