PDA

View Full Version : Magus Sisters=annoyed(posible spoiler)

Az Lionheart
07-21-2004, 09:29 AM
i am ANNOYED :mad2: i have collected the Flower Scepter and the Blossom crown to gain access to the Fayth Chamber in the Remien temple but every time i go up to the door it still wont let me in. because of this i still cantkill and send belgemine . Can somebody tell me want i need to do to get Sandy,Sindy and Mindy(magus sisters)? :confused:
THANX-x-

Big D
07-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Do you have every other Aeon, too?

Az Lionheart
07-21-2004, 11:03 AM
all i need is them and Anima.
i have the rest+Yojimbo

Ultima Shadow
07-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Well, you MUST have Anima before you can get them.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-21-2004, 11:21 AM
You need to get Anima first.

Return to ANY Aeon temple that you didn't find the treasure box in. It is impossible to miss the treasure in Bahamut's temple, since you cannot return to Bevelle. Then search around with the airship for the Baaj Temple, where you first appeared with Tidus in the beginning of the game (Don't remember the coordinates, sorry). If you gathered all the treasures, release all of the seals to find the fayth of Anima, Seymour's mother. Oh yes, you need to fight that monster you first fought again, he uses petrification attacks and is fairly powerful. It's underwater so only Rikku, Wakka and Tidus can be used.

Az Lionheart
07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
thanks mate. i know anima is very good but are the magus sisters?

Ultima Shadow
07-21-2004, 11:33 AM
thanks mate. i know anima is very good but are the magus sisters?
Magus sissters are by far the most powerfull. But the problem is... you can't kontroll them very good. You'll see what I mean once you get them.

Az Lionheart
07-21-2004, 11:44 AM
are they like yojimbo cos you cant control him? :)

want was the item from bahumets temple cos i dunno if i got it.

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Or, if you prefer...

The Magus Sisters are controlled through a group of commands that Yuna issues, such as "Attack!" or "Combine your Powers!" (Overdrives). The three have different attacks, the tall middle one, for example, has a regular attack and the Razzia attack that usually do 99,999 damage. The short one has Passado, which fires off a bunch of little stingers that do around 10,500 damage each (I'm going off when you first get them). The fat one doesn't do too much damage, but has some spells that can come in handy. You can't directly control them, and sometimes they'll see fit to "Take a Break" but they are quite useful.

Az Lionheart
07-21-2004, 11:59 AM
they sound pritty cool. i guess that means that you cant customise their abilities:( can you do it with anima?

i just read that instead of going to bevelle you are able to get the item from zanakand.

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button to add more to your post if yours is the last one in the thread. -Spiff

aeris2001x2
07-21-2004, 12:19 PM
THIS POST HAS UNMARKED SPOILERS-BEWARE :eek:

Anima can be customised yes.

yes u have 2 do the Zanerkand puzzle again in order to get Anima.

Magus sisters imho r not as good as Anima. they r three but r unreliable and not as powerful as Anima. however being three and all, they can survive against powerful enemies for long periods, espicalary if the fat one starts using auto-life.

however if u have the PAL version, they r essential. it is impossible 2 beat the Dark Magus Sisters together (2nd hardest boss out of all the FF games) without them.

SeeDRankLou
07-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Magus sisters imho r not as good as Anima. they r three but r unreliable and not as powerful as Anima. however being three and all, they can survive against powerful enemies for long periods, espicalary if the fat one starts using auto-life.

The Magus Sisters are easy enough to control if you know how they will react to each other. It is rather rare that they will only have one or two commands to choose from. If Cindy has just Do As You Will, she will usually either heal, use Auto-Life, or cast Protect. That is her default. Sandy on the other hand is usually the one that causes the problems. On default, Sandy will first cast Reflect on Cindy and then start attacking. If Cindy has reflect on, this will trigger Mindy to stop using attacks and start bouncing spells off of Cindy, which is where the uncontrollable factor comes in. If you don't allow Sandy to cast Reflect on Cindy, Mindy will usually attack, about 60% of the time with Passado, which is where the really power of the Magus Sisters lies. You don't always have enough options to stop this from happening, but you usually do.

xenapan
07-25-2004, 06:18 PM
as long as you are able to tell them to stick to physicals the magus sisters are ok. but anything else and they make a mess of things. the only reason why alot of people use em is for mindy's passdo which deals majorly sweet damage. i still tend to prefer anima tho since i can actaully control her.

zorander
07-25-2004, 08:26 PM
You need the key items Blossem crown and flower scepter befor you can enter the chamber of the fayth to get them. Get the blossom crown in the monster arena by defeating Catoblepas. You get this monster in the arena by catching one of each of the monsters in Mt. Gagazet. Get the flower scepter by defeating Belgemine's Bahamut. Once you have these, you should be able to access the Aeons, but perhaps you should also get Yojimbo and Anima also.

kaizer21
05-07-2005, 06:29 PM
i heard that you can get the blossom crown by capturing all the monsters on the gagazet list, and i have done all the requirements to do so, but the monster trainer still wont give me the BC. . .theres no way i can beat Catoblepas right now, so do you noe what the problem is?

rubah
05-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Mindy will almost always start the battle off, and will almost always have 'do as you will'

This almost always makes her do passado. In case it doesn't, don't allow sandy to EVER do what she wants, and keep 'doing as you will' until mindy does passado. Then it's a matter of 'do it again!' until something dies.

Cindy is very good at casting autolife. Very good at it.

Sandy always casts reflect on her first 'do as you will' turn. This is annoying because it makes mindy use black magic which is totally wimpy.

Pouring Rain
05-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Um, all I can say is fiends on Gagazet, Belginmine, and Hidden Aeons. I know you have to do something with the stuff in this thingie. I don't know what to call it! But it has to do something with the rod and thingies you got. Maybe the Celestial Mirror will help if you can't open the chest or the other item will react to the other for the person who can't open the chest. I have't got them. I just am taking this off of a hypothess and I have the BradyGames guidebook. But most of it is just a guess. See ya!

Maya
05-16-2005, 01:42 PM
This may have been asked, but how I can get the treasures from every tempel to get anima? I mean without defeating dark aeons and people blocking the way????

Shinobi
05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
You heve to return to the temples to get the treasure chests if you didnt get them first time round, therefore you will have to fight some dark aeons.

ffx_freak12
05-16-2005, 08:52 PM
can someone please tell me what a spoiler is?

redxiiii
05-16-2005, 08:54 PM
A spoiler is when you want to say something that may spoil a part of a game like Aeri`s death

Fireblade13
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Valefor-stick destruction in Adjacent sphere slot in final zone
Ifrit-somehow get the pedastel to rise or fall with destruction sphere
Ixion-Destruction sphere on bottom floor next to reset button
Shiva-Tough you see a purple glow in some ice and an arrow on the ground think about it.
Final-White squares right of the screen
Note-While your at it return to the aeon rooms to get some spheres