PDA

View Full Version : [SSBM] Fave character?

HOOTERS
07-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I like using Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Peach, Bowser and Jiggly. The last two I think are pretty bad but I like using them anyway. I also like using Dr. Mario because before you smash people you can shout out stuff like "heres your prescription" and "take these twice daily!" (while shooting megavitamins). :smash:

White Raven
07-21-2004, 04:15 PM
I usually use either Marth, Link, Sheik, Falco or Captain Falcon.

But I've adapted to mostly everyone.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-21-2004, 05:34 PM
ROY!

SeeDRankLou
07-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Jigglypuff is the best. If you can time Sleep properly you will be unstoppable. In Event 51, I can get rid of all three of Giga-Bowser's lives in about 25 seconds with Jigglypuff.

I also like using Peach, Pikachu, Young Link, and Roy.

Del Murder
07-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Falco, Yoshi, Link, Marth, Mario.

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Falco, Link, Captain Falcon, Samus, MewTwo.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Marth: His forward smash attack is lethal and fast.

Ganondorf: Powerful and moves give him good versatility.

Dr. Mario: Well rounded with good moves.

Fox: Fast with some powerful smash attacks.

Link: Because spinning around with a sword is fun.

Chzn8r
07-22-2004, 03:35 AM
YOSHI (also for SSB regular)

Runners up- Kirby, Samus

Black Mage
07-22-2004, 08:34 AM
I never use Marth nearly half the time.

Rase
07-22-2004, 08:35 PM
In order of goodness with me:
1) Ganondorf
2) Capt. Falcon
3) Marth
4) Link
5) Kirby

Ouch!
07-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Sheik, Link, Young Link and Bowser.

square_is_the_best
07-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Marth, Link, Young Link, Roy, and Pikachu for fun someimes. I have a superpower to use charecters with swords very efficiently.

Lord Chainsaw
07-23-2004, 02:21 AM
Zelda is the number one character I use in Melee. I do this for one reason. Often times I go up against a few of my friends who are considerably good at this game. Now the real good players memorize their opponents' characters and their moves. Using Zelda makes my opponent have to memorize and effectively deal with double the moves of any of the other characters. Human players are considerably smarter than AI characters, so you've always got to use a fresh move to deal with them. The best weapon you can possibly have is the widest array of attacks. The more you can break out, the harder your opponent has to work. Too bad I suck at this game.

In order of usage, and preference:

1. Zelda
2. Captain Falcon
3. Dr. Mario
4. Donkey Kong
5. Luigi

SpiritWolf
07-23-2004, 06:15 AM
I like to use in order of prefrence

1.Marth
2.Jigglypuff
3.Ganodorf
4.Zelda
5.Mario

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-23-2004, 09:32 AM
I used to be good with Kirby, but now I can't seem to use him well. Does anyone have any good strategies involving him?

Triple T
07-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Yoshi!! Get the opponent on the edge of the level, and turn him into an egg. Hopefully he'll fall down, and you'll get a point. :aimwink:

Rusty
07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Yoshi!! :)

auron_790
07-23-2004, 06:50 PM
PEACH RULES OVER ALL!!

Vermachtnis
07-24-2004, 05:51 AM
Kirby!!!!!! He's near unstoppable after eating Samus or Mewtwo. All of Kirby's best attacks and a kick-ass ball of death!

Lionx
07-24-2004, 06:07 AM
I use Marth, Link, Young Link, and to a lesser extent, Roy. The speed Marth gives me is good, and i practically excel better at close range fighting and Counter gives me all the power i need to dodge, counter and multi hit you off the stage...Link does that to a lesser extent, not to mention 100%, no roof, Downthrust auto death...Roy is last in my liked list...too slow for my tastes.

Rainecloud
07-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Mario, Link and Pikachu. They seem to have all the right moves. *nod*

Plus, I enjoy lobbing bombs at people.

Lionx
07-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Mario, Link and Pikachu. They seem to have all the right moves. *nod*

Plus, I enjoy lobbing bombs at people.
I like that more on the old one..mad bomber! and those explosions are way more massive feel to it..

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Jigglypuff is the best. If you can time Sleep properly you will be unstoppable. In Event 51, I can get rid of all three of Giga-Bowser's lives in about 25 seconds with Jigglypuff.

But it's hard as crap to do that on a skilled human player who don't have eaten a big-mushroom.

I ALWAYS use MART and I ALWAYS dress him black. :D

UltimateSpamGrover
07-24-2004, 12:27 PM
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Link rules and always will rule

Ryth
10-26-2004, 11:53 PM
I like using Link, Roy, Marth, and Young Link.

Trumpet Thief
10-27-2004, 12:02 AM
chaos: Marth and Roy are always my favorites. Although, their attacks are too similar...

Rubedo: Marth is faster, but Roy has better attacks, so I say they're both equal.

Trumpet Thief: *Runs off with Trumpet* I especially love the move they use when they charge up their sword. Very powerful indeed.

Grimace: *topples over* I found Link to be just like Marth, only a tad weaker... *explodes*

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* Mewtwo was quite good...

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares* Once you get used to him, Mr. Game and Watch is quite powerful.

Endless
10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Kirby, Roy, Mr Game&Watch

Giga Guess
10-28-2004, 04:14 AM
Roy-Instant death attack, baby!

Link-He's pretty strong...

Mario-Well rounded

Peach-Agile, and her parasol attack is actually useful.

Bowser-POWER BABY!

Bahumat
10-31-2004, 11:32 AM
BOWSER!!!!!-Pure strength, ok speed=die weak Link users!!

Yoshi-cheap move:turn them into an egg at the egde of a cliff, then homerun them.

Captain Falcon-real fast, good moves.

XxSephirothxX
11-09-2004, 12:49 AM
1)Fox--Fast and Powerful
2)Young Link--I used to use him a lot, and was the champ of everyone I know. :D
3)Roy--He's just cool.