PDA

View Full Version : Another new FFVII product!?

Sefie1999AD
07-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already...

When Square Enix announced they're going to make FFVII: Advent Children, a sequel to FFVII, I had my doubts, but I was mostly excited. When FFVII: Before Crisis was announced, I was getting a bit suspicious. A mobile phone game. It sounded a bit like cashing, but who knows. And now, it seems Square Enix wants to make a 3rd FFVII-related game. No release date or platform has been announced yet, but it might have something to do with Vincent. Has anyone heard about this 3rd game or can anyone confirm if this information is correct?

Source: RPG Fan (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1648.html)

Snappie88
07-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Yup, also posted it on InsideGamer (http://www.insidegamer.nl/content.php?id=2630) (Dutch). I don't really care anymore. I'm only looking forward to Advent Children, not the other two. Maybe Square-Enix is pushing it to hard with the FFVII franchise...

omnislasher
07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
the game that is coming out on the phones, before crisis is supposed to take place before the events of ff7. it takes place back in the day when vincent was in the turks. maybe thats what you heard?

Erdrick Holmes
07-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I wish they'd stop milking FFVII. Why not make a prequel to FFX that shows The trials of Auron, Jecht, and Braska and how Jecht came into Spira and become a guardian alongside Auron

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
they say their waking something thats sleeping.....honestly they shouldnt over do-it which they are with 7.... imean advent children is gonna be worth it, but im not sure about before crisis and the other new one...

7 is my favourite and id be really dissapointed if they over done this one...their on borderline atm so i think SE should focus on a original story and better character development for 12 already....

Flashback007
07-23-2004, 08:09 PM
I think it's told before by someone on this forum (I dunno who), but if there is coming another FF VII game, it maybe disapoint people. And that would be annoying.

mike without a hat
07-23-2004, 11:37 PM
This is what i heard. Advent children is going to be a movie(would be so much better if it were a game) that is a sequel to FFVII. They might be rereleasing the original version of FFVII with no changes and the Before crisis is only being released in Japan.

ShivaBlizzard8
07-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Yes, Advent Children is a movie sequel and Before Crisis is a Japanese mobile phone prequel, but the gaming company has also announced yet another FF7 related story, although they have not said whether this will be a game or movie, or how it is connected to the FF7 storyline.

I agree that it seems strange for Square to be suddenly pushing the FF7 franchise. I think my opinon on whether this is a good idea or not rests on how Advent Children turns out.

zacks_clone
07-23-2004, 11:56 PM
This is what i heard. Advent children is going to be a movie(would be so much better if it were a game) that is a sequel to FFVII. They might be rereleasing the original version of FFVII with no changes and the Before crisis is only being released in Japan.

Advent Children.net has a scan(in japaneese,but they mentioned some translations).The scan says that the sillowet of the person in the scan will be featured in the new game.That person looks alot like vincent.So im assuming this new game is either a follow up to Advent Children,or a story set before the original game.

-N-
07-23-2004, 11:59 PM
they say their waking something thats sleeping.....honestly they shouldnt over do-it which they are with 7.... imean advent children is gonna be worth it, but im not sure about before crisis and the other new one...

7 is my favourite and id be really dissapointed if they over done this one...their on borderline atm so i think SE should focus on a original story and better character development for 12 already....

I agree - VII is my favorite and I'd hate to see it spoiled. But if these add-ons are of equal or higher caliber, it can only enhance the experience of the FFVII world itself. At least they're branching in the right directions, I think. AC focuses on post-FFVII, which everyone always wonders about (the Holy thing), BC focuses on pre-FFVII, which is huge in the Seph-Jenova thing, and this will focus on Vincent, who everyone thinks is badass and wants to know more of. So, there you have it. :D

omnislasher
07-24-2004, 03:43 AM
well if you ask me, I'd say its about damn time they started doing this stuff. all we need now is a polished remake of 7 on ps2. I would love that.

DJZen
07-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Reading this thread and the recent entry on the news page gave me a brain hemmorage. I'm now convinced that Square hates me and my entire family.