PDA

View Full Version : This slightly annoys me.

-N-
07-22-2004, 08:23 AM
People misspelling Gandhi as Ghandi. It's a strain on my eyes.

Your pet peeves. Go.

gokufusionss1
07-22-2004, 09:26 AM
people moaning about spelling mistakes, let it go!

Meat Puppet
07-22-2004, 10:00 AM
People charging/paying for sex.

Jebus
07-22-2004, 10:32 AM
People who don't type the whole word, don't use proper punctuation and who don't capitalize properly.

-edit- I just now noticed that I spelled that wrong. >_<

UltimateSpamGrover
07-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I hate it when princeofdarknez always mocks people...

Levian
07-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Annoying walkthroughs.
I mean, they don't need to write all that crap. I'm looking at a walkthrough because I'm stuck, not because I want to know how much the main characters weights, how old she/he is, what the controls are like(especially since they already are explained in the game), the story and so on. Just skip the crap and get to the point.

Oh and walkthroughwriters who makes fun of the player in the walkthrough annoys me too. I couldn't beat one lousy boss, and the writer is all "omg u suk u shudd beat dis boss @ liek the first tiem or else u suk much and shud hav ur controllir takin away from u lol oh and u suk btw." just without the leet talk. just added that to make him look stupid for making me look stupid :/

sephxangel
07-22-2004, 01:38 PM
umm...ok example:

someone smoking and saying "yea i'm trying to quit"
....am i the only one who sees the problem with that?

and when someone takes something of mine without telling me (ex.my sister)

Triple T
07-22-2004, 01:51 PM
I hate prejudism. It's not other people's right to talk bad about other races/religions when they never actually met one, or met a population of them. I dunno about you, but that makes me really mad. >_<

FallenSilence
07-22-2004, 01:51 PM
People who don't type the whole word, don't use proper punctuation and who don't capitolize properly.

:thumb:

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 04:28 PM
When people do drugs and/or smoke.

Levian
07-22-2004, 04:31 PM
It annoys me when people expect you to have perfect grammar and punctuation. It just happens to be people out there who doesn't have English as their first language.

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Racists anger me. Y'know what would make them worse? If they did drugs and/or smoked.

Doomgaze
07-22-2004, 04:45 PM
But smoking makes you look cool :(

you can say it doesn't all you want, but...

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsanime/bebop/cboy03.jpg

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I do agree with that. Spike looks incredibly awsumo, while smoking.

HOOTERS
07-22-2004, 04:53 PM
And it makes your brain feel like cloudy. :smash:

I hate when people pronounce vitamins with a short
'i'.

THATS NOT HOW YOU FOOKING PRONOUNCE IT OLD LADY!!!!

Doomgaze
07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
VITAMEATAVEGIMIN

Logan
07-22-2004, 05:32 PM
When people can't back up their opinions.
r instead of are, u instead of you, etc.

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 05:36 PM
When people use "like" incessantly and incorrectly. Ex: OMG, lyk, I'm, lyk, not, lyk, using this, lyk... plate!

Rainecloud
07-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Infinate, Definately and *ahem* humerous (Eg - amusing) spring to mind. ;)

Psychotic
07-22-2004, 06:28 PM
alot instead of a lot annoys me sometimes, but other times I just ask people what they're alotting, and it confuses the hell out of them. It's cool :D

Rye
07-22-2004, 06:31 PM
I dislike when people are really impolite. It bugs me so much. Like, if you hold a door open for a person and they just walk right by without a "Thanks."

fire_of_avalon
07-23-2004, 05:20 AM
I agree with Rye. Outright rude people just make me boil. And unmade beds get under my skin like madness.

Giga Guess
07-23-2004, 05:28 AM
2 main ones:

Bigotry-get to know someone before you judge them. I'm sure we're all in agreement there.

Everyone's heard this one. "You can't miss it!" That's a challenge, and the fates take it every time. You wanna make SURE someone will never find something? Utter those words!

Kirobaito
07-23-2004, 05:35 AM
Obviously, newbie typists, and, errr...those people that use numbers in their sentences. Stupid, and it actually takes longer than typing the real thing. @_@ I also am annoyed those who listen to everything <i>but</i> country, because they have no reason to. I'm still yet to figure it out. I dunno.

-N-
07-23-2004, 05:36 AM
I totally don't even remember making this thread.

*spams his own thread* :D

ZeZipster
07-23-2004, 05:38 AM
Must be all that... Coffee, you've been smoking...

Giga Guess
07-23-2004, 05:43 AM
Ooooh! Ooooh!

When I'm drinking coffe, and someone says "That'll stunt your growth." Number one, does it really look like I care? Number 2, I'm 20. Ain't getting much bigger, no matter what way you cut, slice or dice it. Number 3, I just hate that hackneyed old joke! Go back to puffing your cigarettes, and leave this java queen in peace!

Erdrick Holmes
07-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Insomnia
The lame "Low carb" trend
Today's music
"I am holier then thou" people

ZeZipster
07-23-2004, 05:50 AM
But Olly, if you consume nothing but pig's fat for the next 10 years you may lose weight!

Giga Guess
07-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Or die of a heart attack. Does decomposition count as weight loss?

Shlup
07-23-2004, 07:08 AM
people moaning about spelling mistakes, let it go!*high five*

War Angel
07-23-2004, 07:10 AM
When people pronounce Iraq 'eye-rak' instead of 'Eee-Rahk'. Actually, mis-pronounciations bother me greatly, because to me it's a sign of ignorance and carelessness.

Giga Guess
07-23-2004, 07:11 AM
When people mangle my last name. IT'S SIMPLE! DON'T OVERCOMPLICATE IT!

kikimm
07-23-2004, 07:19 AM
When people gulp whatever they're drinking really loudly because they are taking TOO BIG of a sip. Chill, you have plenty of time to drain your cup, you don't have to drink it all in one go. It bugs me so much, because it sounds so disgusting.

Also, whenever people stand way to close to you. Get out of my bubble!

:D

Kirobaito
07-23-2004, 07:29 AM
How hard can 'Gittens' be?

Doomgaze
07-23-2004, 08:22 AM
<a href = "http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~nunberg/iraq.html">On eye-rak</a>

nik0tine
07-23-2004, 12:49 PM
I hate war. nothing pisses me off more than that. i also hate racists and homphobes, and the rich few who screw innocent people over just to line their pockets with more money. DAMN YOU MARTHA STUART!

TasteyPies
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
"omg u suk u shudd beat dis boss @ liek the first tiem or else u suk much and shud hav ur controllir takin away from u lol oh and u suk btw." just without the leet talk. just added that to make him look stupid for making me look stupid :/

It bugs me when people confuse 1337 with n00b.

\/\/|-|/-\75 |_||* |)|_||)3

Is kewler than

Liek u guys is so kewl

The Eye-rock pronounciation got me thinking about this person I realy disliked in gradeschool. The sameperson who liked harry potter, said she was smarter than everyone, and claimed to have amazing athletic talent..untill she started playingand thought shewas always right....this conversation was after I beat her 3 days in a row in 1 on 1 basketball
(actual conversation)
Person: Hey I bet I could SOOOOO beat you in basketball!
Me: ......
Person: COME ON!
Me: ...... thats alright
Person: Yeah your just afraid I would beat you!
Me: .... bet you would
Person: HAH!............so you wanna play?
Me: this is the 4th time you have asked today
Person: so yeah?
Me: nope
Person:....yeah?
Me: ......
Person: .....I would so beat you
Me: bye
Person: Your just a sore loser
Me: ......what?
Person: you know I was just toying with you the last time, I had that game wrapped up untill i had to leave.
Me: yeah.....ok
Person: so....
Me: what are you still doing here?
Person:.....wannaplay some bask--
Me: no, Im going to talk to Larantz

Silmaril
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
When my sister put her dirty clothes on the laundery bin instead of inside.

People who make loud noises while speaking (NO! Ah! Ee! Never!!)

People who start strikin poses whenever they feel someone is looking at them. (what is up with that?)

Erdrick Holmes
07-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Other things

Button mashers
People who make up excuses when I beat them at fighters (examples: Oh I let you win, I was on the wrong side of the screen, I picked the wrong colour scheme, I forgot how to block)
People who leave an active game of Half Life only after getting fragged 3 times
People who drive around grocery store parking lots with their radio's volume up load and bass kicked up high playing stupid rap music.

square_is_the_best
07-23-2004, 02:15 PM

This reminds me of one of my teachers. Mr. Sizemore. Simple Size More. Some people pronounced it Seez-e-more-aye

Giga Guess
07-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Well the way some people pronounce it is just plain WRONG, like "Gettins," "Gettings," etc.

-N-
07-23-2004, 10:46 PM
You'd think people would be educated enough to spell a famous figure's last name. Gandhi. Show some respect.

Mr. Graves
07-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Hypocrisy and having to rely on others.

Dixie
07-24-2004, 02:52 AM
I hate it when a car passes by my house, with their music so loud, it shakes the whole house.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-24-2004, 03:35 AM
1) People who swear every second word when they speak
2) People who say the word "like" in every second word when they speak
3) Racism: There was this story on an acurrent affair show when this guy was racist saying asians taking over the country, when in fact his grandma was indonesian....his response to that.....silence
4) Those who are slack to the disadvantaged

BrittyGoesMow
07-27-2004, 09:14 PM
bad covers of good songs.
Morons that think they are better than everyone.
Smelly and stupid people, moreso smelly.
Guys who constantly flirt with you even when you act totally uninterested. (Ladies, you know what I am talking about)

Resha
07-27-2004, 10:22 PM
I hate rascists too! nasty people. I hate...slurps...and...flamers...and...lotsa things. =D

Sacred Phoenix
07-28-2004, 12:10 AM
When someone says, " EEEEWWWWEEE!!!!! This tastes like S**T, here, try it."

Giggles
07-28-2004, 02:12 AM
My pet peeve = teachers who erase the board, but they don't quite erase all of it; they leave little bits of the writing. IT MAKES ME WANT TO KILL THEM.

Guys who constantly flirt with you even when you act totally uninterested. (Ladies, you know what I am talking about)

I totally agree.

Lindy
07-28-2004, 02:23 AM
People who care that much.

Though, I don't really care that much, just thought I should tell you all to GET OVER IT. I mean, why bother letting it annoy you when you can't change it? Just let it wash over you and ignore it.

Giga Guess
07-28-2004, 05:01 AM
That's just it, though. These ARE things we ignore, we put aside. But no matter how much we say "It's beyond our control," it still bugs us. This is our place to vent.

Like it, or leave.

Storm
07-28-2004, 06:00 AM
-Noob threads.
-Posts that are fifty lines long and only contain one paragraph.
-Sloppy internet writing. It really isn't that hard to capitalize properly, spell, and use correct grammer. It makes it a lot easier on the other members in the forum to read with nice writing.
-People who drink so much they throw up, and then are totally against smoking marijuana. Hypocrites!
-Loud Heavy Metal Music.
-People who are obsessed with material possessions.
-Guys who feel as though they have to prove their heterosexuality by making non stop sexist comments whenever they see an attractive girl.

Ravin
07-29-2004, 03:36 PM
people moaning about spelling mistakes, let it go!

I completely agree with you!

War Angel
07-29-2004, 03:49 PM
correct grammer
:rolleyes2

crazymcjoe
07-29-2004, 03:50 PM
When one of my friends keeps on going on about how she should kill herself, I may sound like an a-hole, but it just really annoys me, because she will never do anything.

Giggles
07-29-2004, 08:20 PM
-Guys who feel as though they have to prove their heterosexuality by making non stop sexist comments whenever they see an attractive girl.

Me too <3

ZeZipster
07-29-2004, 08:32 PM
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/38/

Proxy
07-30-2004, 12:06 AM
when random people tell you whats not good for you.
my advice: next time turn around to them, put on a grin, and say; "you know what else isn't good for your health? pissing off strangers..."

Originally Posted by Storm:

I do that, but not so much sexist as they are sexual jokes, and not so much to just pretty girls. anyone who leaves the opportunity open.
Oh, and fyi, I've never been accused or been called homosexual, in any of it's many many forms.