PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good PS2 RPG's and multiplayer games.

Loony BoB
07-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Are there any good RPG's for the PS2? I know of the FF's and KH, obviously, but let me know if you know of any others that might be worthwhile getting.

Secondly, what about multiplayer games? Besides racing, fighting and sport... what are the good multiplayer PS2 games? PSX games are acceptable for this question.

Levian
07-22-2004, 01:29 PM
I guess Grandia is a quite nice RPG. Too much talking for my liking though. If you haven't tried Chrono Trigger, I strongly suggest that one, but I guess you've already played that.

And there really aren't many two player games for PS2 :/ That's why I bought a gamecube.

Loony BoB
07-22-2004, 01:30 PM
I keep forgetting which one I've played, Cross or Trigger. I played the one that's on the NES or SNES.

Levian
07-22-2004, 01:32 PM
That would be the trigger, yes. Cross is for PSX. I've never tried that one though.

Cz
07-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and La Pucelle:Tactics are excellent Tactics RPGs, if you fancy trying one of those.

Multiplayer-wise, Bishi-Bashi Special has to be one of the most addictive party games I've ever played. It's only two player, but some of the mini-games are fantastic. I'd also recommend any of the Worms games (though these would be better bought on PC) or Hogs of War, both amusing little strategy games.

SomethingBig
07-22-2004, 04:35 PM
You can always wait a month for Star Ocean 3. As for multiplayer games, you can get DDR. You get a good laugh, exercise, and it's fun.

HOOTERS
07-22-2004, 04:59 PM
I was gonna make this exact same thread two weeks ago but instead I bought a gamecube. :smash:

Rainecloud
07-22-2004, 05:50 PM
RPGs: Summoner II is worth a try, I guess. However, it's not a great game by any means. The Dark Cloud series is also worth checking out if you're a complete RPG nut.

Multiplayer: WWE Smackdown - "Here Comes the Pain" is my personal favourite.

Triple T
07-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Are there any good RPG's for the PS2? I know of the FF's and KH, obviously, but let me know if you know of any others that might be worthwhile getting.

If you're in to great stories, get Xenosaga Episode 1. It has a great sotry, ok music, and a good battle system.

m4tt
07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Wait till November when LOTR: Third Age comes out? ;)

White Raven
07-22-2004, 06:42 PM
RPG's: Suikoden 3, Wild ARMS 3, Front Mission 4, Shadow Hearts, Grandia

Tactics: Dynasty Tactics 1 + 2, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Multiplayer: Samuri Warriors, Dynasty Warriors 2, 3 and 4

Flying Mullet
07-22-2004, 06:47 PM
A great multi-player PS2 game that not many people know about that I play is Culdcept (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280902). It's a cross between Monopoly and card games (like Magic, Pokemon, etc...) and it's really fun and addictive. Plus the computer AI is good so you can play one player if you're solo at the time.

Lord Chainsaw
07-23-2004, 02:10 AM
My favorite PS2 RPG at the moment is Xenosaga.

Another one I like is Grandia Xtreme. It doesn't have the best of storylines, and is a bit of a dungeon crawler, but it's got some great gameplay and insane optional quests including a 100 floor bonus dungeon and the extremely badass Level 200 Zenothlee to fight.

I don't really care for Dark Cloud or Summoner. Suikoden 3 had so much potential, but is ruined by a terrible battle system. It's also pretty unbalanced at the beginning.

Multiplayer games: my favorite is without question Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. That is one hell of a party game. With 9 worlds, 8 starting classes, over 10 secret classes and 99 levels this is my favorite party game. The music is also incredible. You'll just have to go to options and turn down the SFX. They've even got a remixed version of the classic Gauntlet title theme during the fight at the Desecrated Temple. I must say that that is incredibly kickass.

I also recommend Champions of Norrath as another multiplayer game. It's got free online play, so if you want to play multi but have no friends around you can go online with it and play with 3 others. It's hack and slash, but really fun. It's a lot like PSO in that it has 3 difficulty levels: Normal, Courageous, and Champion. There are 5 classes to choose from (Barb Warrior, Wood Elf Ranger, High Elf Cleric, Erudite Wizard, Delf Shadowknight), and levels go up to 50. There are 5 Acts in the game with worlds including an elven forest, a gnome cavern, a vampire's mansion, a tropical island, a desert temple, arctic trenches, undersea caverns, and even the Dimension of Hate itself. My only two complaints with this game are the amount of glitches and the fact you cannot take multiplayer offline characters into online games.

Raistlin
07-23-2004, 02:40 AM
Suikoden III. It's not as good as S2(but then again, no RPG is), but it's a damn good game and will take up a lot of your time.

Del Murder
07-23-2004, 02:47 AM
Secondly, what about multiplayer games? Besides racing, fighting and sport...
You'll have to look elsewhere for that one then. GC has excellent multiplayer.