PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok

trentose
07-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey, is there a sword called Ragnarok in this game, and if so where can i find it?

Flying Mullet
07-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Which game, Final Fantasy I, II, III or IV?

trentose
07-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Oh, in FFIV, sorry about that... i was thinking this was a seperate forum for that game.

Storm
07-22-2004, 08:07 PM
There is a Ragnorak Sword in FFIV. You obtain it by defeating the Wyvern in the Lunar Subterrain, which is one of the toughest battles in the game. Also, there is an invisible bridge you need to cross to get to that area. I cannot precisely remember what floor the invisible bridge is on, but I believe it is on 6th basement floor.

trentose
07-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Thanks, i'm on that part now, so i'll try and find it.

Sefie1999AD
07-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Ragnarok is called Crystal Sword in the easy type version (FF"2" SNES). To obtain it, you must defeat Wyvern (Dark Bahamut in J2e's translation of FF4 hard type), who's one of the hardest bosses in the game, 2nd only to the last boss. To defeat him, pray that Rosa, Kain and a few other characters survive Mega Flare/Fire/Nuke (depends on translation) at the beginning of the battle. Then have Kain jump, Rosa heal or use Reflect, Cecil attack, Edge throw whatever he can, and if you manage to get Reflect on many characters, have Rydia use Bahamut. This will make Wyvern counter with another Mega Flare, but thanks to the Reflect spell, he will hit himself for major damage.

Seryn Kai
08-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Is Ragnarok meant to be Cecil's best weapon, or just really powerfull? I've never actually gotten it.

Demerwen Owns
08-08-2004, 07:29 PM
The Ragnarok or Crystal Sword is Paladin Cecil's most potent weapon. It is of the Holy sword type and thusly imparts extra damage unto all undead type monsters, which I found useful against those dinosaurs guarding the ribbon in the last stretch after the save point.