PDA

View Full Version : Getting read to board Sin

Erdrick Holmes
07-23-2004, 03:44 AM
I just got the Airship and now I'm able to fight Sin as I please. I got to the part where you fight both of his arms, and get near the core but I got killed there. What should my characters stats be when I should try fight sin?

kikimm
07-23-2004, 03:57 AM
I tend to always level way beforehand, and too much, so i might not be of much use here. in that case, i don't even know why i'm posting.

but anyways. my auron, and wakka were both doing 9999, and tidus was very close. they all had at least 5 or 6,000 health at that point. I never used Lulu, so I didn't bother putting her in that battle. The same goes for Rikku and Kimahri. Yuna had all of her spells except for Full-Life. I'm sorry, but I don't remember exactly what my stats were, except for strength, and hp. Auron and wakka each had around 80 strength, Tidus around 70, and yuna had a lot of mp.

But i'll say it again, I always love to make my battles a breeze, so I wouldn't go as far as I did unless you want to beat it in no time too.

:D

chichi
07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
As long as you fought your fair share of battles while playing FFX and worked on advancing your sphere grid, you should be fine. It's not a hard battle.

Kuja
07-23-2004, 05:09 PM
if you still have to enter sin, you can easily get way better inside him, you get the most experience from the monsters there.

Az Lionheart
07-23-2004, 05:31 PM
i am at the exact same place and died at the core

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-23-2004, 06:32 PM
You might want to try to get a few of the Celestial Weapons for some extra AP. Make sure Nirvana is one of these, you can use Aeons to great effect against Sin.

Erdrick Holmes
07-23-2004, 06:41 PM
The only Aeons I have are Valefor, Ifrit, Shiva, and Bahamut. Where do I find other Aeons?

Also, I'm now fighting Sin and he has this overdrive attack that when it's done on me it's game over, any Ideas on how to combat this?

Erdrick Holmes
07-23-2004, 07:03 PM
How many destruction spheres are there?

I need to get past this form of Sin which does this move that does an instant Game over.

chichi
07-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Wander around and fight some battles in the Omega Ruins and inside sin- that'll give you heaps of AP. Do you have any double AP or triple AP weapons, because that will help a lot.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2004, 05:58 AM
He can only to the Omega Dungeon, he hasn't gotten to the point where he can enter Sin. That's what he needs help beating.

Go to gamefaqs to learn more about the Celestial weapons and extra aeons.

Az Lionheart
07-24-2004, 11:23 AM
i am there and i know what to do. you must defeat sin before he is able to relaese his overdrive. use hastaga/haste along mith overdrives/doublecast(ultima or flare works best) and quick hit.
REMEMBER DONT use your aeons overdrive untill it is your last move and you are sure it will kill sin. if you use them in mid battle they will need to "recharge" giving sin extra moves therefore more time to raise his overdrive bar :confused: i hoped that helped.
*goes off to fight sin himself!!!!!!!!*

Kuja
07-24-2004, 01:37 PM
olly, there are 6 destruction sphere's, and i hope for you that you have the one you've found in besaid temple, else you have to beat dark valefor first.

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Umm, dark Valefor is in the PAL version, I have the NTSC version.

Az Lionheart
07-25-2004, 10:28 AM
you lucky so and so that meanswhen you go back to the zanakand ruins you will not have to fight dark bahumet
Beaten sin yet, i have not had time to try yet :cry:

Lord Xehanort
07-26-2004, 03:34 AM
Lemme help ya buddy.

You might want to get the Caladbolg and Nirvana. I'm also working on the Godhand (which means I have to work on increasing the Strentgh of weak little Rikku) but those two should be enough. There is an Ultimate Weapon and Aeon Walkthrough up at the top of this forum. Use it to help you get these weapons. They're the easy ones (if you have the patience and luck for the Chocobo race that is).

Then, go to the map and search in the Bikanel Desert for a location called 'Sanubia Sands'. In here, you'll find Tidus' Ascalon. This swordhas no abilities except for Double AP. Very useful.

Anyway, after that is done, go to the ship and search the map for Omega Ruins. They're on the Eastern edge of the world, on a thin peninsula, with many clouds. Fight in here, but stay by the entrance so you may save after each battle. This way, if you meet a Great Malboro (and you will) and he kills you (which he almost always will) you won't lose any of your hard-earned AP. You may use the Caladbolg to kill fast, or the Ascalon to level up fast. I always go with the Ascalon, since Lulu's Doublecast Flare + Magic+10% + Magic+5% + Magic Booster + One MP Cost + Magic Power of 90 = 9999 + 9999 every turn for 4 MP combo can easily make up for Tidus' lack of Strength.

Vaprice
07-26-2004, 04:17 AM
What I always tend to due *since this is the easiest FF* Is to always max out my stats...xD

just joking. Get some ultimate weapons. Prepare your Summons. Just Kick some ass and take some names my friend.

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 09:31 AM
just beat sin's head...YAY :D
i have Tidus's,yuna's,Rikku's and Auron's celstrial weapons and am now going for their sigils(sp) etc...i have aurons so he has triple overdrive.YAY(again) :p