PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God, like, cool! - Newbie Pack Suggestions

Baloki
07-23-2004, 03:36 PM
As you know I have a habit of having a newbie pack which I unload on unsuspecting newbies to inform and make them think I have some importance here *giggles*, anyways this time to save me some effort post here if you want to be included and also post any ideas of anything in particular that I should mention, thanks guys Love you all <3 :D

I'll post the base version of it tommorrow or the day after ;)

Edit: Just adding the stuff I've written so far, and someones changed my title :cry:

Chi-wai and welcome to Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums ground zero, this welcome pack (version 7 and counting) will explain some of the basics for you and point out some real trouble makers you should poke the eyes out of, I mean be nice, play nice and never ever poke a knights eyes out >.> <.<

Anyways, from here you can branch out of the spammy grand central station we call General Chat to anywhere in the forum, which is luckly divided into 4 segements. Lets start with the CBD (Central Business District) known as General, this section covers both the less serious sides of life (General Chat, The Lounge and General Gaming) and some of the most serious sections as well (World Events, EoEO and Arts & Writing). For the more serious sectors of the board a no flaming or trolling system is in operation, spearheaded by the master of trouting Dr. Unne, if you follow the rules laid down in the FAQ and the Unnelicious Thread you'll be fine though. Alongside the serious sections is the lounge which is for TV and Music Discussions and the General Gaming Section where you can go and worship Joel (aka Olly), haha, sorry I shouldn't lie, its a place to discuss games and vote for Pokemon Snap ;)

Following the track south you will get to the Site Staff strong hold known as the Loony FlyingShiva, which is usually docked at a small airship yard on the south side of town, here you can donate snippits of information and knowledge in return for praise from BoB (All praise is non refundable and can only be exchanged for a newbie chocobo avatar).

Still lost, or just having general problems? If you are you need to head to the West end of the city to give your West Side Story *Is shot*. This sector (Known as reference) contains all of the helpful sections, including Archies masterpeice and Linux Stronghold, the Help Forum and the Whining Forum where you can post feedback and suggestions for the site.

However beware, also on that side of town is the area known as the general archive, this section is larger then the MIT libury but still based on the same layout, however theres always alot of mist floating about and there have even been reports of some angry Something Aweful reporters slinking around trying to dig up dirt on everyone!

Heading east you will reach what used to be considered the main part of the forum, the old town, Square-Enix. This section covers all the Final Fantasy games and even the movies and other Square-Enix RPGS.

Rye
07-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Are you still drunk, Baloki? :o

I'm already mentioned in there, but maybe you should mention that W-Boats = BAoTW, because most regulars don't know that and newbies wouldn't know either.

Baloki
07-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Are you still drunk, Baloki? :o

I'm already mentioned in there, but maybe you should mention that W-Boats = BAoTW, because most regulars don't know that and newbies wouldn't know either.

If I was drunk Rye I would have spelt everything perfectly and said Hooters is a god :D

Good idea though :D

Jebus
07-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I should be in there as a warning to any newbie entering the chatroom. They better have nigh-perfect grammar and spelling or I'll make the next few hours of their life hell. Either that or I'll go and eat some bagels.

Rye
07-23-2004, 03:49 PM
I should be in there as a warning to any newbie entering the chatroom. They better have nigh-perfect grammar and spelling or I'll make the next few hours of their life hell. Either that or I'll go and eat some bagels.

The first time I went into #eoff, the veteran members scared me. ;___;

Triple T
07-23-2004, 03:50 PM
xD Nice topic name.

Can I be mentioned in the BAoTW part, please? :D

Rusty
07-23-2004, 04:42 PM
I would like to be metioned please :)

I cant think of any ideas at the moment though...

Giga Guess
07-23-2004, 04:50 PM
What's this all about anyways?

Baloki
07-23-2004, 04:52 PM
What's this all about anyways?

See this post:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=827375&postcount=37
for an example of the now out of date pack :D

Cz
07-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Hows about a link to the gosh-darned FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?)?

Loony BoB
07-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Do you tell them to use the warn button if they find anything offenseive or something? If not, you should. And also the edit/delete button, if they don't already know about that. Let them know that only Administrators can change names, and that you can only request name changes once every three months, and that anyone who changes their name more often than not sucks. There are some exceptions, though.

Finally, you should state that it is common knowledge that everyone who registers should use my avatar. All the time. Always. Forever. Well, at least for the first few months. Man, I wish that was brought back into action.

Rainecloud
07-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Hows about a link to the gosh-darned FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?)?

Or we could replace the FAQ with Baloki's Newbie Pack.

Or perhaps not.

square_is_the_best
07-23-2004, 05:59 PM
I wanna be on it too. Just throw me in there somewhere.

Denmark
07-23-2004, 06:04 PM
If I was drunk Rye I would have spelt everything perfectly and said Hooters is a god :D

but...he is! =O

a drunk god. =D

anyways. make sure I am in there with the rest of the BAoTWers.

Kirobaito
07-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Let them know that only Administrators can change names,
Make sure to tell them to PM Loony BoB if they want a name change.

I must be mentioned somewhere. I don't care where.

-N-
07-23-2004, 10:43 PM
As part of #trivia and the CCT Department, KB. Of course.

It would be nice to show up in the pack, but if you don't have room, I won't cry about it. Nobody reads all the way through the damn newbie packs, anyways, especially the newbies. You think they wanna read all that? :D

sephxangel
07-24-2004, 01:25 AM
i'd be happy if i saw my name in it...cause i am the june 2004 best Newbie ya know... :D :love:

fire_of_avalon
07-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Memememememe!

But seriously, include some of the other nice parts of the forums, like the FF forums and General Gaming Forums. I don't think newstuffs explore them much. I know I didn't.

escobert
07-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Put the wonderful Bert in there :P

Loony BoB
07-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Make sure to tell them to PM Loony BoB if they want a name change.I WILL BAN YOU.

Kirobaito
07-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Me or the newbie that does it?

-N-
07-24-2004, 09:59 PM
If it's a good day, both of you.

If it's a bad day... well, don't ask.

Loony BoB
07-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Me or the newbie that does it?
princeofdarknez obviously knows about my EXTREME banning skills. Go read the greatest spam thread ever (or whatever that thread was called), it's in the archives.

Edgar
07-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Never offend those with power greater than j00!

blue_midget192
07-25-2004, 01:16 PM
wowow, kool :) looks good. i'd like to be put in. *is a loner*

Baloki
07-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok, I'll add some more to it this afternoon, I just was stuck in Belgium yesterday for the whole day (If your that desperatly interested in my life check out my LJ) so I'm kind of forign now... :confused:

Anyway, will try and be hit by the insperational arrow later :D

Female Ryuichi
07-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Come on! You have to add Ryu, because I can kick ass :D.

Lord Xehanort
07-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Where's Sir Ansem, Sexy Southern Boy MateriaBladeVII, and Lady Xander? We're the fricking Founders of the Trinity for Yevon's sake! And where are the my Yaoi Fudge Cookies!?

Chibi Youkai
08-01-2004, 09:44 PM
You should add Master 01 and ForeverZeroUltima in for the CT/CC section.

-N-
08-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Add something about Metareason, Inc.