PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda

Chris
07-23-2004, 08:35 PM
http://www.nintendoland.com/graphics/screens/zelda1.JPG
This thread is our personal memories of the very first Zelda game.
The reason why the first Zelda game is so important to me is mainly because I grew up with it. I remember the first time I played this game WAY back in 1990 (I was only four) how amazed I was, after being a big fan of the cartoon serie I remember how cool it felt that I actually got to play as Link myself. I remember how fascinated I was about the cartoon, (I still own 4 original VHS copies of the cartoon, with different episodes) I still love to watch them...every once in a while.
Join me as we take a trip down memory lane...join us Zelda, Link and the evil Ganon :shoot: Zelda is the best...right after Final Fantasy of course :p please feel free to share your personal memories of The Legend of Zelda...I'm listening.

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2004, 12:21 AM
Zelda > Final Fantasy

I was watching G4 today, they were counting down the worst games ever, No.1 went to this cheesy Zelda game for the CD-I called "Wand of Gamelon" I never heard of the game but when I seen it I cracked up laughing how crappy it looked.

I bought the classic NES Zelda a week ago for the GBA, I can't put it down.

SomethingBig
07-24-2004, 12:53 AM
I was watching G4 today, they were counting down the worst games ever, No.1 went to this cheesy Zelda game for the CD-I called "Wand of Gamelon" I never heard of the game but when I seen it I cracked up laughing how crappy it looked.
I was watching that, as well. That game looked so godawful.

On to the original Zelda game. I always got lost in that forest maze and annoyed the poo outta me. I enjoyed being able to shoot swords at enemies, though.

Mr. Graves
07-24-2004, 01:21 AM
The Second Quest will drive anyone insane. But other than that, it was awesome.

I remember having the gold cartridge. Shame I don't still have it.

Del Murder
07-24-2004, 01:21 AM
The Legend of Zelda is quite possibly the best game every made, considering its place in history and the technology available at that time.

Chzn8r
07-24-2004, 04:38 AM
I only really played it as a kid growing up with my NES, and since I haven't played it in years, I've only made it completely through the game once or twice. I have fond memories of it, yes, but I think I liked Adventure of Link a lot better.

Lord Chainsaw
07-24-2004, 04:42 AM
It's the Legend of Zelda and it's really rad,
Those creatures from Ganon are pretty bad.

To Octorocks, Tectites and Leevers too,
But with your help our hero pulls through.

Yeah, you go Link, yeah,
Get some!

http://zeldarap.ytmnd.com/

m4tt
07-24-2004, 05:30 AM
I gotta get that GBA version. I've never really played the original Zelda. My old neighbors had it with the gold cartridge and I was not allowed to touch it. She'd freak out if she saw me even breathe on the it.

Lord Chainsaw
07-24-2004, 05:33 AM
I heard somewhere that the gray cartridge was rarer than the gold cartridge.

No problem though, cause I own both.

Lionx
07-24-2004, 06:04 AM
*hugs his gold one* ^^

It was great, i spent hours with that..shei ding! *shoots stuff around* And it was really revolutionary..battery saving! no more stupid passwords ><;

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2004, 06:34 AM
I never get tired of the sound it makes when you shoot blasts from your sword in the first Zelda, sounds like your shoving a duck into a wood chipper.

Rainecloud
07-24-2004, 07:19 AM
I'm not overly fond of the game, but it's a good laugh nonetheless. I played and completed all the other Zelda games before I managed to get hold of this one, and the first time I played it was on my PC (via the wonders of Emulator/ROM technology).

I wasn't impressed with the wooden sword I was given by the oh-so-generous old man.

Chzn8r
07-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I heard somewhere that the gray cartridge was rarer than the gold cartridge.

No problem though, cause I own both.

Yeah I think the gray one is rarer. I also have the gold one.

Project G
07-25-2004, 03:22 PM
I have that Zelda on my GBA as the NES classics, and what is the second quest all about

Chzn8r
07-25-2004, 04:20 PM
You have to do all the same things, in all completely different/mixed up locations. Have fun...

Erdrick Holmes
07-25-2004, 04:54 PM
You have to do all the same things, in all completely different/mixed up locations. Have fun...

Um, no, the GBA verision is the exact same thing. The only time it's all fooked around is if you name your character "Zelda"

Del Murder
07-25-2004, 05:09 PM
You also go to that second quest when you beat the first one.

Chzn8r
07-26-2004, 03:59 AM
You also go to that second quest when you beat the first one.

Yes.

And may I ask- why are you using Del's avatar? Excuse me if this happened in General Discussion, I barely visit that anymore.

Kirobaito
07-26-2004, 04:07 AM
That is Del. :p Everybody changed their names. Spaceman Spiff is now named Gau, and Gau is now named Proto Man.

And I loved the first Zelda game so much I bought a T-shirt about it today.

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2004, 06:05 AM
When I seen "Spaceman Spiff" in bold text I nearly crapped my pants

So far I've gotten Triforce Pieces 1-5 and I managed to buy the blue ring.

Chzn8r
07-26-2004, 11:34 PM
That is Del. :p Everybody changed their names. Spaceman Spiff is now named Gau, and Gau is now named Proto Man.

Ahhh. Yeah I've seen a few username changes and sex changes here at EOFF but never any members becoming each other! Crazy stuff :p

SeeDRankLou
07-27-2004, 12:20 AM
I remember playing this game when I was seven. It was only the second video game I had ever played (first being Mario Bros.). It was really really fun. I remember being lost in the woods for about 45 minutes. I remember in the final dungeon I got to Ganon's room without first getting the silver arrows. I lasted for about 35 minutes before he trashed me. And on my second time playing, I thought I would be funny and name Link Zelda. And lo and behold, that was a secret, and the second quest was like a whole new game. :D Good stuff.

Del Murder
07-27-2004, 01:35 AM
;)

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-27-2004, 02:28 AM
;)

chu52
07-27-2004, 02:32 AM
I have the gray cartirigde and it rocks, especially compared to its sequel *shudders then vomits*

Seryn Kai
07-30-2004, 10:13 PM
I've just started Legend of Zelda for the first time on GBA today and I'm currently on the third dungeon. I'm finding it quite challenging 'cause the monsters are so tough. It's true that games were more challenging in the olden days. I haven't had this much of a challenge in a while, I think I might have gotten rusty in recent times. I just love this game!

Shlup
07-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I used to watch my uncle play it. I thought it was odd... I stuck with Mario Bros and Duck Hunt as a kid. I didn't have an NES though, I just had an Atari. And a Lite Brite box full of Atari games. Huzzah for the children of the 1980's!

Someone posted a vintage Zelda commercial somewhere fairly recently... it was hillarious to watch.

chu52
07-30-2004, 10:30 PM
As long as we all can forget about Legend of Zelda 2: Links Adventure, *shoots self in head*

SeeDRankLou
07-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Huzzah for the children of the 1980's!
Huzzah!

As long as we all can forget about Legend of Zelda 2: Links Adventure, *shoots self in head*
I liked that game, it was cool. It's probably the most difficult Zelda game there is though, which isn't a bad thing. What was wrong with it?

chu52
07-30-2004, 10:48 PM
The side scrolling dungeons, the less fun battle system, magic (fire1 fire2 fire3), and the slimy feeling it left me with after playing.

Chzn8r
07-31-2004, 09:06 PM
The side scrolling dungeons, the less fun battle system, magic (fire1 fire2 fire3), and the slimy feeling it left me with after playing.

Fire 1 2 3 what??

Ok, those weren't in it, there was no "battle system" (it's live action battling just like in other Zeldas, only from a new perspective)... the dungeons were both confusing, challenging, and death threatening. To this day that game is fripping hard.
Whatever. Nintendo using a fresh idea instead of another overhead sequel clone of the first one is stupid, right? :eep:

chu52
08-01-2004, 02:07 AM
Fire 1 2 3 what??

Ok, those weren't in it, there was no "battle system" (it's live action battling just like in other Zeldas, only from a new perspective)... the dungeons were both confusing, challenging, and death threatening. To this day that game is fripping hard.
Whatever. Nintendo using a fresh idea instead of another overhead sequel clone of the first one is stupid, right? :eep:

It doesn't change thae fact that the game sucked

zacks_clone
08-01-2004, 02:27 AM
:: Is pathetic-hasnt played all/any of the early ones ::

I think I own Ocarina Of Time,Majoras Mask,Oracle of Ages,Oracle of Seasons,and The Legend of Zelda that came with 4-swords on GBA.Oh,and Wind Waker and Master quest. But out of the games I have played I love OOT. Still one of the best games I ever played (mater quest=evil). Sadly I know nothing of the earlier games save for I want them :P I love the idea that there is a new Zelda game comming out.Anyone know if its an OOT remake?Sort of looks it

Rase
08-02-2004, 04:22 AM
I've just started play those this year on the Collectors Disc. The original rocks, though the Forest Maze is making me insane. I' having such a hard time not looking for a walkthrough online.

Lionx
08-02-2004, 04:24 AM
I actually think the second Zelda was not that bad, it was trying to innovate things, while it wasnt the best it was still sorta ok. Its all opinion anyway, i like super jumping and then go whoa! Downthrust into an enemy and then bounce off like 4 more in the path. Fun :D

escobert
08-02-2004, 05:25 AM
Well the Legend of Zelda was the first game I ever played. I wish I still owned it :(

Erdrick Holmes
08-02-2004, 05:39 AM
I just beaten it for the NES. Something I'd never done before.

escobert
08-02-2004, 05:47 AM
wtf took you so long!?

UltimateSpamGrover
08-02-2004, 08:52 AM
he was probably watching reruns of Slfl and Olly for the last 7 years