PDA

View Full Version : The Challanges of FFIX (freaks only :D)

Ultima Shadow
07-23-2004, 10:28 PM
This is skill-based challanges. The first one is the easiest but still much harder than playing the game normal. The last one is for absolute FFIX elite players.

Following challanges is only for freaks in different grades. Only a real FFIX FREAK whould do the last one. Here they are:

Skill Level: Very Good.
Beating the game with solo character. This means you'll have to kill the other characters as soon as a battle begins... and then only figth with your remaining character. You must not use the same character all the time but you can change to another one... just remember that you have to kill the other ones in the next battle.

Skill Level: Expert.
Beating the game with only the first weapons, armours and accesory for each character. This means you can't change either armour, weapon or accesory during the whole game. Yea... that means you can't get all the Abilities.

And finally...
Skill Level: Elite.
Not beating the game... but beat OZMA at level 1. :eek:
Yea, it's possible to reach Ozma with a level 1 party.
Note: ALWAYS run from the random encounters. In the hunt festival, steal the Silver Fork from that big, pig-creature (you MUST do this... you'll need it to turn the unavoidable black mages into stone. Yea, you must turn ALL the black mages in that Gizamulake cave into stone by equiping add-stats for Quina and use the silver fork. Don't forget to go back and save every time you win a black mage battle+ beware when you strike so that you don't kill them, heal them with potions if needed). In the Evil forest, have Blank kill the others so only he level up in the battles during your escape. In Evil forest, this is the only moment in the game that you should walk around for random encounters... equip the flee-gil and steal a potion when a battle start, then flee, later on you must use the Flee command to run from battle. Have Quina eat a Madragoran when you encounter 2 or 3 of them, then run from battle... Quina will learn Limit Globe which will be very useful... you can encounter Madragorans as soon as you get Quina... they'r in a forest close to the chocobo forest.

Ozma IS possible at level 1... seriously. Get Gold Chocobo as soon as possible.

Triple T
07-23-2004, 10:42 PM
The second looks like the easiest, and the third looks like the hardest. Fleeing from every battle and beating Ozma at level 1!?! O_O Whoever does that would have his name down in the [EoFF] Hall of Fame! :p

SeeDRankLou
07-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Elite.....*cough*Crazy!!!*cough*

But I acutally might try it.

Very good wouldn't be that difficult. Expert would be more of a challenge.

Ultima Shadow
07-23-2004, 10:52 PM
The second looks like the easiest
Well, since you can't get the special 9999 dammage abilities Dragons Crest, Shock etc... oh wait... I forgot one thing in the Expert thing... the accesory *Edits*.

Oh, and as for very good being to hard...
well, when I say very good I mean VERY good. :D

Elite is INSANE... but really... it IS possible!

Triple T
07-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Well, since you can't get the special 9999 dammage abilities Dragons Crest, Shock etc... oh wait... I forgot one thing in the Expert thing... the accesory *Edits*

Dragon Crests's chances of doing 9999 damage, let alone 1 damamge are very slim in my game. xD And as for Shock, it's possible to beat it without it, I did it once(hardly... xD).

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Ofcourse it's possible to beat it without shock and all the other 9999 dammage attacks... but since your weapon sux, your black magic and white magic sux... no summons. You will have a hard time doing any good dammage. Quina will by far be the most usefull member.

If anyone thinks that anything on your way to Ozma with a level 1 party is impossible... then post here and I'll tell you a possible way.

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, everything on your way to Ozma without leveling should be the REAL problem... it really sounds hard. Maybe the difference betwene level 1 and level 9 is bigger than you think.

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 03:32 PM
I must have died at least 50 times.
Then it's not easy, rigth? And that was at level 9, rigth?

Ultima Shadow
07-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Just 1 problem there... Steiner won't have enough MP to do any shock at level 1. And the others will have to use ethers or elexirs to reload ther MP very soon. ALSO Ozmas attacks will kill you much easier. Curse will kill everyone, flare will kill 1 person, Holy will kill anyone who doesn't have holy-absorbing armour or something and Meteor will kill you even if it only does like 340 dammage. And don't forget all the bosses that you have to beat on your way to Ozma.

Mo-Nercy
07-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Maybe not hard was the wrong phrase, how about.....possible. It is very possible to beat Ozma at level one, especially since if you have Zidane, Freya, Steiner, and a healer, you can beat him, and at least do 40000 in a turn. Thievery, Dragon Crest, Shock, Dark matter...
Ozma only has about 50000 HP which is considerably lower than other super bosses. The tough part is getting up to that stage of the game.

Finishing the game entirely on level 1 is also possible, I hear. What's next? Excalibur II on level 1? Tch.

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Finishing the game entirely on level 1 is also possible, I hear. What's next? Excalibur II on level 1? Tch.
It can't be. You MUST kill the creatures in that place in Terra where the music "You'r not alone" plays... I think some of them are immune to pertification and stop. And they aren't bosses... so you gain exp from them.

And about Ozma only having 50,000 (actually it's 53,500 or something)... Shock won't work + Ozma attacks fast. And as I said before most of his attacks will kill atleast 1 of your characters. Also, Ozma can heal himself.

Trumpet Thief
08-04-2004, 03:02 AM
I actually did the Very Good challenge before that. It was nothing tough, except for Necron's attack that puts your HP to 1, which I used an Elixer after. Anyhoo, I will try your Elite challenge, after completing the FFVI and FFIV ones.

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Yea, I should really slow down a little with the challanges. :strut: