PDA

View Full Version : The Diffusion of Intelligence

-N-
07-25-2004, 03:11 AM
I wish to inform you of my most recent confirmed discovery titled "The Diffusion of Intelligence".

Most of you are aware of the mind-numbing impact of stupid people, but all major efforts to define this phenomenon have so far been unsuccessful. The observations are easy to note: people possessing a higher concentration of intelligence seem to lose it when interacting with people possessing very low concentrations of intelligence. Examples include loss of higher thought, loss of vocabulary, and loss of constructing coherent sentences.

However, the key question up until now has been "Where does this intelligence go?", for another observation has been that low concentrations of intelligence do not increase over time. Some have suggested that intelligence is not conserved, while others dispute that if that were true, then learning would be an impossibility, as it is essentially the transfer of intelligence from one source to another.

I have found that intelligence is indeed not conserved, and the objection is a flaw, since intelligence is not what is transferred in learning, it is knowledge. By distinguishing between the two, the theory of non-conservation of intelligence is upheld.

Still the phenomenon has not been explained. In order to understand this, we turn to the world of deep space, where black holes reside. Many are aware of the strange phenomenon that black holes are so dense, light cannot even escape their gravitational field. The symbolism to the situation I just studied is so remarkable, it has to be true. One objection arises: Dumb people cannot be dense with knowledge or intelligence, as they have been observed to possess very low concentrations of these items. The objection is dismissed by approaching the situation from a different angle: dumb people are lacking in intelligence, but very dense in idiocy. Much like the matter-dense black hole devours the non-matter light, so does the dense idiot devour the intelligence of the enlightened.

Since we all know this theory is true, don't bother contesting it; just tell of how this discovery has affected you in your day-to-day lives. Have you hugged your idiot today?

Ouch!
07-25-2004, 03:15 AM
I don't hug idiots. I usually ask them a question and then when they can't answer it I proceed to laugh at them. It's much more amusing.

Logan
07-25-2004, 03:19 AM
I hugged my grandpa a few days ago and he's old.

-N-
07-25-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm so proud of you guys. I LOVE where this is going. :D *is serious*

Del Murder
07-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Everybody is an idiot. The people who realize that they are idiots are the cool ones and the ones who don't realize it are entertaining.

I have not hugged anyone today.

m4tt
07-25-2004, 04:03 AM
I hugged my dog today.

Giga Guess
07-25-2004, 04:31 AM
Idiocy is like an accent. Everyone else is afflicted by it.

nik0tine
07-25-2004, 06:46 AM
I don't think intelligence is diffused or lost when one is around unintelligent people. i believe the intelligence simply lies dormant. perhaps it fell asleep from boredom, as the people of lesser intelligence could not stimulate the enlightened. i notice, that often times the intelligence will "wake up" after interaction with morons ends.

Rainecloud
07-25-2004, 11:34 AM
I hugged my Mother this morning, but she's not an idiot.

People can influence the behaviour of others with their mood, but I don't believe the same applies when you're associating with an "Idiot". Negativity, pessimism, happiness and optimism can rub off on you, but not stupidity.

Meat Puppet
07-25-2004, 12:11 PM
There's this wee Scottish lass who hugs me everyday.. and everytime I feel a little dumber. Could it be true?..

Cz
07-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Everyone's an idiot when under certain circumstances. I'm an idiot when my scientific knowledfe is compared to that of quantum physicists, but they're idiotic when their social skills are compared to mine. This means, in effect, that everyone you hug is an idiot.

Silmaril
07-25-2004, 02:12 PM
An uncle of mine is a very clever person but associating with idiots doesn't make him dumber. He claims it makes him smarter because he learns what an idiot would do and doesn't do it.

Mr. Graves
07-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Evreyone's an idiot. Just in different ways.

I don't hug.

Giga Guess
07-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I believe it's more of a communal mindset thing. When you're around others, you tend to emulate certain behaviors, in this case, stupidity. Case in point: Lynch mobs, riots, etc. As soon as the group overtakes the self, the IQ drops to the single digits. Rebuttal?

bennator
07-25-2004, 06:36 PM
I hugged myself today.

nik0tine
07-25-2004, 07:52 PM
An uncle of mine is a very clever person but associating with idiots doesn't make him dumber. He claims it makes him smarter because he learns what an idiot would do and doesn't do it.
My uncle is an idiot.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Evreyone's an idiot. Just in different ways.

I don't hug.
*hug*

Yamaneko
07-25-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm not an idiot, everyone else is.

gokufusionss1
07-25-2004, 09:40 PM
will people stop hugging me :mad:

Baloki
07-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Wasn't it proved that light now gets put back out of black holes and that steven hawkings admitted he was wrong, I rest my case QED.

GrimmReaper
07-26-2004, 06:08 PM
I have to say, that the idea of intelligence not being conserved is flawed. It is indeed concerved, in a manner that is merely preserved. You can take myself for example. I've got quite an influential mind when it comes to my surroundings, because i'm a fairly intelligent person, with an above average iq. ( 167) You put me in a cage with top notch scientists, and i'll end up as a brain in a jar' so to say. Then again, if you put me in a cage with a bunch of monkeys, i'll regress. This is not to say, that if i was in one jar, and went to the other, that i will not change accordingly, So thus is merely a preservation of knowledge. a Balance for you.

On that black hole subject, There are 2 points of no return. One, is given the mass of said object, because the matter of resistance to the force of gravity, there will be said point of no return, and thus a simulated event horizon. Second one, is the absolute event horizon, which nothing escapes. If there's a reverse process that black holes do now, that light or whatnot can be put out of black holes, consider me uninformed. But, this is what I do know.

-N-
07-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Wasn't it proved that light now gets put back out of black holes and that steven hawkings admitted he was wrong, I rest my case QED.

No.

So thus is merely a preservation of knowledge. a Balance for you.

I didn't discuss conservation of knowledge. I discussed conservation of intelligence.

Everyone's an idiot when under certain circumstances. I'm an idiot when my scientific knowledfe is compared to that of quantum physicists, but they're idiotic when their social skills are compared to mine.
This observation supports my findings. Thank you.

I believe it's more of a communal mindset thing. When you're around others, you tend to emulate certain behaviors, in this case, stupidity. Case in point: Lynch mobs, riots, etc. As soon as the group overtakes the self, the IQ drops to the single digits. Rebuttal?
I don't see a need to rebut, as your words confirm the application of this theory to a communal situation.

Ravin
07-27-2004, 03:53 AM
Everybody is an idiot. The people who realize that they are idiots are the cool ones and the ones who don't realize it are entertaining.

I completely agree. Everyone is an idiot. The ones who dont realize it amuse me to no end.

ZeZipster
07-27-2004, 04:07 AM
dude , ur post r to long to read

Mr. Graves
07-27-2004, 04:07 AM
*hug*
:love: