PDA

View Full Version : Gunners Gauntlet

chichi
07-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have any advice on how to beat Beclams high score of 500 in the Gunners Gauntlet??? The highest score I can get is about 430.
Thanks in advance :)

Triple T
07-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Ok, when the game starts, kill wolves in the first two screens to level up your gauge to level 3 and pick up the ammo. Once you've done that, go kill some fiends for points. Always press the target button just in case. When you see that big mech make sure your gauge is at level 3 to get a lot of points.

chichi
07-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey thanks Triple T. I did it! Yay!!! I actually scored about 700 points with time to spare.Oh_my_god, it felt so good to rub it in snotty Beclam's face! :tongue: The prize was pretty disappointing though. Is it possible to win more stuff if you better your score?

Mo-Nercy
07-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Yes it is. Just keeping beating your personal best and I'm pretty sure you'll get some nice prizes. My high score is about 900 something. My tip is to press target a few times so you can target 2 and put Dual Ammo to good use. Also you'll be able to select Death Ammo quicker from Dual Ammo than Normal.

SeeDRankLou
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
The prize was pretty disappointing though. Is it possible to win more stuff if you better your score?

Yes, you can win more stuff as you get a higher score. You can win a few garment grids, and the final prize is the very defensively powerful Adamantite accessory. Be very warned though, as you get a higher score your playing level increases, and there are more types and appearances of fiends. There are also more types of bullets, the ability to upgrades bullets, and quick shot. Playing at level 9 to try to get to level MAX (which takes a score of 2800) took a level of hand-eye coordination that I didn't think I possessed. And I don't dare play at level MAX just to see if I can beat my old score. *runs away* It's very similar to calibrating Rikku's final lightning rod...pressing the right buttons, doing it quickly, and thinking fast. But that's why I love this game.

kikimm
07-26-2004, 09:42 PM
700? 900? Wow, my best score was 80....guess I didn't really get the hang of it, huh?

:D

Carnage
07-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Anyone have a list of the prizes?

SeeDRankLou
07-27-2004, 12:45 AM
You start at Lv 1. When I name a level, the number by it is the amount of points you need to get to it.

Lv 2 (500) - Enigma GG
Lv 3 (750) - Power Wrist
Lv 4 (900) - Silver Bracer
Lv 5 (1000) - Titanium Bangle
Lv 6 (1150) - Mortal Coil GG
Lv 7 (1300) - Beaded Brooch
Lv 8 (1400) - Diamond Gloves
Lv 9 (2000) - Faerie Earrings
Lv MAX (2800) - Adamantite

Carnage
07-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Does completeing all of them give you any % points?

SeeDRankLou
07-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Just the first one. I don't know if you have to beat Beclem's score the first time, but you have to beat his score for some percentage.

Squall and Rinoa
07-28-2004, 07:06 AM
For some reason, I found the Gunner's Gauntlet to be rather easy. I scored 750 points on my first run through, and by the 5th time, I reached level 9 at about 2890 points. I dont' know if it was luck, or I just had good hand / eye coordination, but it was pretty cool to see the results.

chichi
07-31-2004, 07:09 AM
Lv MAX (2800) - Adamantite

Does anyone know if there is another way to get the Adamantite weapon besides getting 2800 points in the Gunners gauntlet? I can't get over 820 points- it is soooo frustrating. I hate having to reload while a fiend comes for me. The reloading takes too long. Anyone else noticed this?

SeeDRankLou
07-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Adamantite is an accessory, gives you really really awesome defense, and makes a leveled up Dark Knight almost invincible. But alas, the only way to get it is to obtain Level MAX in Gunner's Gauntlet. You just have to get the timing down, it is frustrating but it get easier with practice. It's a really awesome accessory though, they make you work for those.

Xander
07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
I suck at this, but I have to do it to get 100% ;__; It's a kinda fun game but I never get many points. I'll try again maybe doing what you said Triple T =)

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 04:12 PM
Ahhh the Adamantite! :D i hate gunners gauntlet but that assecrory was well worth it. i could not have beaten Paragon and Trema in Via Infinito without it.

chichi
08-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Adamantite is an accessory, gives you really really awesome defense, and makes a leveled up Dark Knight almost invincible. But alas, the only way to get it is to obtain Level MAX in Gunner's Gauntlet. You just have to get the timing down, it is frustrating but it get easier with practice. It's a really awesome accessory though, they make you work for those.

Wow, that sounds like a really useful accessory to have. But damn! I don't think i'm co-ordinated enough to get the MAX level in GG. Back to the playstation I go for the next five hours :mad:

square_is_the_best
08-03-2004, 12:02 AM
COOLEST THING EVER! THERE IS A BLIND SPOT WHERE FIENDS CAN'T GET YOU! At the last water fall, stay as close to the fence as possible. This blind spot extends from a few steps before the last waterfall starts all the way under it. You can just sit there and blow the bajeezes out of fiends. Of course you should fire a volley shot before you venture out again for ammo. Good Luck with this tip.

Pine
08-03-2004, 02:25 AM
Hmmm .... I may try this when I play the game again, right now, I'm tired of restarting the game over and over again just because I miss a lot of things in it.

GhandiOwnsYou
08-03-2004, 04:12 AM
*growls* I beasted this thing the first time, but played a new game plus to try and get 100% completion. The thing evidently resets beclems score to your HIGH score when you play new game plus, so i can't beat beclem, because me high score is UNGODLY high. it'sa evil. evil evil evil.

For a tip though, hide in that blind spot, and when racing to it or to the finish form it, hit lock on CONTINUOUSLY to lock on to stuff way out of the screeb
just listen for the beep adn start firing, whether you can see it or not.

SeeDRankLou
08-03-2004, 06:18 AM
*growls* I beasted this thing the first time, but played a new game plus to try and get 100% completion. The thing evidently resets beclems score to your HIGH score when you play new game plus, so i can't beat beclem, because me high score is UNGODLY high. it'sa evil. evil evil evil.

For a tip though, hide in that blind spot, and when racing to it or to the finish form it, hit lock on CONTINUOUSLY to lock on to stuff way out of the screeb
just listen for the beep adn start firing, whether you can see it or not.
If you beat Beclem in your first game, beating his high score in a New Game+ won't net you anymore percentage, so don't worry about not being able to beat your high score. And what is your ungodly high score?

chris_inc
08-03-2004, 09:49 AM
im told that if u stay behind the last water fall up against the edge they can't touch you, only if you walk out to collect ammo