PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo games that would make good films

Project G
07-25-2004, 03:15 PM
What would be the best film????

White Raven
07-25-2004, 03:35 PM
I would have to say Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

But of the true Nintendo games Metroid and Zelda would be cool to see as a movie.

TasteyPies
07-25-2004, 03:59 PM
No, making a movie based off a game is a bad idea, vice versa is bad also. I don't know...they just always suck imo.

Del Murder
07-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Wario would be funny but likely stupid. I choose Wrecking Crew: The Movie.

Erdrick Holmes
07-25-2004, 05:21 PM
Tetris

Shoeberto
07-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Metroid.

With John Woo directing.

There'd be dramatic gun fights with pidgeons flying around.

Space pidgeons.

Heath
07-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Wasn't there something about a Metroid movie months ago?

Cz
07-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Yes there was. It's only in the planning stages, but it's definitely being made. John Woo's going to be a co-producer, so he'll be sure to have some creative input, and might end up directing.

Palindrome
07-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I think that Metal Gear would make a good movie.

Amnesiac
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
No, making a movie based off a game is a bad idea, vice versa is bad also. I don't know...they just always suck imo.

Exhibit A: Final Fantasy.

*Nods*

Bad idea.

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2004, 08:10 PM
TETRIS

Lindy
07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Super Mario Bros.

With Bob Hoskins as Mario.

Oh, and Dennis Hopper as Bowser.

That'd be fantastic, of course.

Awrini
07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
[EDIT] Post removed due to generall stupidity and incompitence.

Maxico
07-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Super Mario Bros

They've done that. It was horrific.

I think a tertris movie in the vein of amarageddon or deep impact would be fantastic.

EDIT: c'mon who wouldnt want to go and see this.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Maxico/tetris_impact.jpg

Awrini
07-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Uhhh, crap but anyway.
Super Mario Bros.
Bob Hoskins .... Mario Mario
John Leguizamo .... Luigi Mario
Dennis Hopper .... King Koopa
Samantha Mathis .... Princess Daisy
Fisher Stevens .... Iggy
Richard Edson .... Spike
Fiona Shaw .... Lena
Dana Kaminski .... Daniella
Mojo Nixon .... Toad
Gianni Russo .... Scapelli
Francesca Roberts .... Bertha
Lance Henriksen .... The King
Sylvia Harman .... Old lady
Desiree Marie Velez .... Angelica
Andrea Powell .... Brooklyn girl

Maxico
07-26-2004, 10:15 PM
its been done (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/)
and it was terrible.

EDIT:

Metroid.

With John Woo directing.

There'd be dramatic gun fights with pidgeons flying around.

Space pidgeons.

hsu, please tell me you knew about this
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4202

Shoeberto
07-27-2004, 04:05 AM
No, I didn't know about it, but I'm pretty sure Nostradamus had some sort of prediction about it. Something about space-pidgeons.

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2004, 04:29 AM
Uhhh, crap but anyway.
Super Mario Bros.
Bob Hoskins .... Mario Mario
John Leguizamo .... Luigi Mario
Dennis Hopper .... King Koopa
Samantha Mathis .... Princess Daisy
Fisher Stevens .... Iggy
Richard Edson .... Spike
Fiona Shaw .... Lena
Dana Kaminski .... Daniella
Mojo Nixon .... Toad
Gianni Russo .... Scapelli
Francesca Roberts .... Bertha
Lance Henriksen .... The King
Sylvia Harman .... Old lady
Desiree Marie Velez .... Angelica
Andrea Powell .... Brooklyn girl

Never mention that in my presence again.

EDIT: I think whenever somebody decides to make a movie based on a game they just look at the box of the game, thats it.

Universal, you stole two hours of my life and I want them back.

Ryth
08-08-2004, 02:33 AM
Legend of Zelda of course then Metroid.

Ouch!
08-08-2004, 02:50 AM
I agree on the first, though there have been some exceptions where a game based off of a movie has been awesome, such as Spider-man 2.

Exhibit A: Final Fantasy.
The Spirits Within had almost nothing to do with Final Fantasy. The only reason the movie sucked so much was because they put the title Final Fantasy on it. While it was a great marketing ploy (the movie would have lost even more money without it) it made fans of the series extremely disappointed. So really, it hardly counts as an example.

I personally thought the Super Mario Brothers movie was decent. Not good, decent. It did produce a quote my friend often uses: "Sir, the goombas are dancing again." in which I respond, "Deal with it!" That's about all it was good for, though.

I had heard something about the Metroid but I'd never put the effort forth to check anything about it. Having John Woo as a prominent figure in the creation in this movie, I feel that it has a chance.

Giga Guess
08-08-2004, 06:28 PM
In a wierd way, I kinda liked Super Mario Bros. the Movie. Kinda cheesy, but not horrible. Definately not Oscar material. But on topic, I'd love to see a Zelda movie.

Jolts
08-08-2004, 06:50 PM
I didn't dislike too many of movie from games movies. I even kinda' liked Double Dragon. The best movie from a game, that I've seen, was Resident Evil. The game was already pretty much a movie, but different enough to be a game.

Oh, and I voted for Zelda. I've always wanted to see it in movie form. A-type movie, none of that B-type crap (A-type meaning, it doesn't suck, the actors/actresses are good, and so it any CG animation used).

gokufusionss1
08-08-2004, 07:00 PM
I think that Metal Gear would make a good movie.

be quiet i'm in the middle of writting the screenplay, don't give anyone ideas.

Avalon_Beouvle07
08-08-2004, 08:37 PM
First of all, if any else makes a movie based on a video game ever again, it would have to kick some serious ass. The Spirits Within sucked because it tried to live off of the pretty graphics: that's all it was about. It really had nothing to do with Final Fantasy, so I agree with the poster that said that in here. The Super Mario bros movie was cool when I first saw it (about ten years ago), but now it's just okay. That would be the first rule for me-MAKE THE MOVIE KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT. Give the gamemakers some respect.

The best Nintendo games that would make a movie:
Tales of Symphonia
F-Zero
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (or something totally new in the Zelda world)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mega Man Battle Network (this would have to be extremely suspenseful and exciting, otherwise it wouldn't work)

StarlightAngel
08-09-2004, 09:52 PM
The best Nintendo games that would make a movie:
Tales of Symphonia
F-Zero
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (or something totally new in the Zelda world)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mega Man Battle Network (this would have to be extremely suspenseful and exciting, otherwise it wouldn't work)

Tales of Symphonia would ROCK! Crystal Chronicles would be hard to make one on tho. If they did make a ToS movie, they'd have to make it Anime style with the guy who did those awesome anime clips. I say they should make an anime off of Golden Sun just 'cause the games are good. But if they could make an anime/CG on Phantasy Star Online I-III...

Jolts
08-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Most of the movies from games suck, or aren't so good, because the actors/actresses and directors haven't actually played the games, or if they did, very little and didn't get into the storyline. I have no idea why everybody expects FF: TSW to be a duplicate of the games' calibur. If they made the movie with as much in-depthness the games have, it would've been over five hours long. As for Resident Evil, all the major actors/actresses have played, and liked, the games (Milla Jovavich demanded to be in the move because she liked the games so much :lol: ). A Metal Gear Sold movie...a bit unnecessary, as it's already a movie, just in video game form :lol:, but that would be sweet :D.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
08-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Golden sun 1 and of course 2 would follow.

StarlightAngel
08-11-2004, 05:35 AM
But of course.

Rase
08-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Animated movies:
Tales of Symphonia
The Legend of Zeda
F-Zero

There is a new Resident Evil being made that will be out soon.

Also, I know it's not a Nintendo game, but a game based on the Thief series could be fantastic, if produced right.

Avalon_Beouvle07
08-12-2004, 09:52 PM
First off, to the person that made this thread-very good job, in my opinion, and I rarely ever like a thread. :love:

Here are some other Nintendo games that would make good movies. I know it's pretty old, but I think Star Fox 64, Majora's Mask and Mario 64 would make cool flicks, that is, if they're done right. Once again, video game movies need to be made properly if they want to get anywhere. Mario 64 is a relaxing, colorful and vibrant game-it wouldn't really be fast-paced and suspenseful, just a lot of fun, and very peaceful to watch.

Star Fox 64 would kick a lot of ass, IF IT WAS MADE RIGHT. I think that would make a very good movie, since there's a lot to work with in the game. If anyone has seen Behind Enemy Lines, they could make the Star Fox movie like that. Majora's Mask would just be flat-out awesome, if the movie makers stayed true to the game. The drawings could be done in Sailor Moon-like anime style, if the original graphics weren't used.

I know these aren't Nintendo video games, but since I don't think I should make another whole thread off of this, here I go. I also think that either Mega Man X6, X7 or even X8 would make a cool movie. I know nobody thinks that the games are that great, except for us diehard Mega Man fans, but movies would be a lot of fun. I've always imagined them with really cool gothic (??) music, like music from Lord of the Rings, or just really kick-ass orchestra music. Top-notch voice acting would make things perfect. :D

Project G
09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I think a Wario film would be great as an animated film anyway. Hhhmmmmmm, I wonder who would play Samus in the Metroid movie

PhoenixAsh
09-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Good movies - games IMO. Spider-Man games especially Spider-Man 2, Enter The Matrix, Goldeneye...

Good games - movies IMO. Resident Evil, Mario was okay, Advent Children looks wicked.

Zelda MIGHT work, though it would be pretty easy to screw up.

I want to vote for Donkey Kong, purely because it would be so cool to watch. On that note does anyone know where I can get the tune that plays on the map screen in Donkey Kong Country?

XxSephirothxX
09-13-2004, 12:34 AM
I don't think Zelda could easily be made into a seriously believable movie....but I bet it would be bitchin as an anime! :bgl:

StarlightAngel
09-13-2004, 04:13 AM
:eek: I just found something out... Tales of Symphonia is appearently based on an anime called Tales of Eternia. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, I want to see it.

Strider
09-13-2004, 07:24 AM
Even though it's not Nintendo, Metal Gear might make an interesting film.

master01
09-13-2004, 01:36 PM
well... there was that game to the NES...
it was all about shooting ducks.

i love shooting ducks.

no realy, i LOVE shooting ducks...

not fooling you, AM lOvInG tO ShOoT dUcKs!1!

just kiding...

though...

i realy do love to shoot ducks.

it got a speicel filling like... shooting a duck...

i just LoVe shooting ducks.

and destraction.. i guess that's just who i am... am i?

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Super Mario Brothers was one of the best movies of all time you whores.

Halenite
09-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Zelda.

However, another example of a game turned movie that sucked?

DOUBLE DRAGON!!!!!

master01
09-13-2004, 06:25 PM
i never got to see double dragon movie... tough i had the 3rd game...

the super mario ,ovie was entrtaining. i enjoyed watching it, it's not battle Royal, its not smart or refreshing or revolutionry, but it is fun to watch. i enjoyed.

Rase
09-14-2004, 12:11 AM
:eek: I just found something out... Tales of Symphonia is appearently based on an anime called Tales of Eternia. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, I want to see it.

Actually, here's how it goes.

If you didn't know, the Tales series has been around since the SNES, with Tales of Phantasia. Then it moved to the PS, where the game Tales of Eternia was created. It was so popular in Japan that an anime was based off it, under the same name. So ToS isn't really based on anything other than it's series.

But it still looks like a sweet anime.

Earthworm Jim
09-14-2004, 02:13 AM
If done correctly, Zelda could be absolutely freaking amazing. However, since recent events have proved that no one knows how to make a video game movie, the chances of ALF becoming president are greater than the release of a good Zelda movie.

Agent Proto
09-14-2004, 02:19 AM
If done correctly, Zelda could be absolutely freaking amazing. However, since recent events have proved that no one knows how to make a video game movie, the chances of ALF becoming president are greater than the release of a good Zelda movie.

Zelda would be an awesome movie if Shigeru Miyamoto helped out writing the movie, so that it would stay close to the games. If someone else were to write the story of the movie, it would lose touch with the series and we won't feel any connection with the movie.