PDA

View Full Version : The Challanges of FFX (freaks only :D)

Ultima Shadow
07-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Well, this is 3 FFX challanges from Ultima Shadow inc. They are divided in 3 different skill levels. VERY good, expert and elite.

Skill level: VERY good.
Beating the game without changing weapons or armours. That means that you can only have each characters start armour and weapon trough the whole game. Also, you must only get the in-story aeons. So no Anima, Yojimbo or Magus sissters.

Skill level: Expert.
Beating the game without changing weapons or armours + each character is only allowed to activate hp and ability nods. That means that you can only have each characters start armour and weapon trough the whole game + only hp and ability nods will be activated. And the Aeons will only be allowed to learn abilities, nothing else. Also, you must only get the in-story aeons. So no Anima, Yojimbo or Magus sissters.

Skill level: Elite.
You can use whitch ever weapon or armour you want but the celestial weapons and you use all the characters... BUT you'r only allowed to learn the Abilities in the sphere grid. This means that you will not be able to activate strength nods, HP nods etc ONLY ability nods. It's the same for the Aeons... you will only be allowed to learn their abilities, not use strength spheres to power up def, hp and str etc. Also, you must only get the in-story aeons. So no Anima, Yojimbo or Magus sissters.

Yea, it's possible.

xenapan
07-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Try a NSG game :P thats harder. and still doable. yeah.. dont use the sphere grid AT ALL. been done already as well :P

Ultima Shadow
07-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Try a NSG game :P thats harder. and still doable. yeah.. dont use the sphere grid AT ALL. been done already as well :P
Yea, but it's so boring to not be able to use any abilities + the lack of extra aeons is enough to make it just about as hard as the NSG as well.

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 09:37 AM
thats sounds like a tuffie :D

Kuja
07-26-2004, 12:38 PM
yeah, i was waiting for this !!
i'm going to try the second one, with one character. think it will be tidus.. but in some parts of the game you need to use a specific character ( like fighting agains belgemine ) so what should i do then?

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 12:49 PM
i duno! and you will also need to use Kimari on mt gagazet! :confused:

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 12:58 PM
You mustn't use the same character all the time. As long as you only use 1. That means you can change to another character and only use that one for a while instead.

Mo-Nercy
07-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Ultima Shadow, I'd have to say that the Elite challenge is in fact the easiest. If you can only learn abilities, then you'll have a truck of Strength, Speed and Mana Spheres to power up your Aeons. You'll become a killing machine in no time. You get the Aeon Attributes menu just after Luca so it shouldn't be a problem finishing the game under such circumstances.

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Damn! ...ok... I'll edit that. :D

Kuja
07-26-2004, 01:51 PM
hmm, just started to play, but the second one really sucks..... , you have to kill yer party EVERY fight... :( . hmm, i think i'll go for the first one then...

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Sorry...my misstake... I forgot save spheres restore everyone. Just don't save to often. :D

Kuja
07-26-2004, 01:56 PM
don't mean that, with ff X when you've killed your party members, they start with one HP in the next battle

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Oh... forgot that. Ok... yea having to strike themselfs in every battle must be annoying... hmmm, maybe I should change that one and come up with something else?

Kuja
07-26-2004, 02:02 PM
yeah !!!, cause the very good challenge is a bit too easy for me...

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Ok, Expert edited.

Kuja
07-26-2004, 02:23 PM
ok, i'm gonna start playing . trying to complete the expert challenge !!!

and umm, ultima shadow, your'e not getting my money !!!!

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 02:24 PM
and umm, ultima shadow, your'e not getting my money !!!!
:cry:

Kuja
07-26-2004, 03:57 PM
have a couple of questions:
1: can i have the celestial weapons, just for my aeons, that they can hit more than 9999.
2: what's the basic weapon for tidus, is it the longsword or the brotherhood?, cause when you get the brotherhood, you equip it automaticly.
3: is the second challenge not tougher than the last one?
4: how the **** can i beat yunalesca, or jecht now :cry:

and ehm, i think i need some help, cause i've never done a challenge like this...

SpiritWolf
07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm going to have to try one of those challenges some time. I tried the no sphere Grid challenge my first time through because I didn't no how to use the sphere grid and I got all the way to the moonflow before I got stuck.

zorander
07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
When Yunalescha attacks and turns your ppl into zombies, Don't cure them, because as soon as she changes into her final form she'll cast mega death to kill all players. Death spells don't work on zombies.

Black Mage FF1
07-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Those are some hard challenges but they are not the hardest. These 3 would have to be the hardest challenges possible.....

No Summon/S.Grid/Customization Challenge
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_no_summon_sphere_custom.txt

No Summon/Sphere Grid/Overdrive Challenge
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_nsnsgno.txt

No Sphere Grid Monster Arena
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_no_grid_arena.txt

I have never completed these challenges and I never will try. But if you think you are a FFX master then give them a try. I posted some walkthroughs for them from the Gamefaqs message board. Have fun. ;)

Ultima Shadow
07-27-2004, 03:35 PM
have a couple of questions:
1: can i have the celestial weapons, just for my aeons, that they can hit more than 9999.
2: what's the basic weapon for tidus, is it the longsword or the brotherhood?, cause when you get the brotherhood, you equip it automaticly.
3: is the second challenge not tougher than the last one?
4: how the **** can i beat yunalesca, or jecht now :cry:

and ehm, i think i need some help, cause i've never done a challenge like this...
1) nope in the elite, yes in the others.
2) Brotherhood. Since it's auto equiped.
3)Nope, I can guarantee it's not.
4)zorander answered that. And just use some Aeons if you need.

Black Mage FF1, I don't think it's fun to just use Attack + item. Yea, it's way harder... but I don't think it's very enjoyable. I've beaten FFVII with solo character, no materia + only first weapon and armour. What made this challange hell was not the hardness but the lack of options in battle. Atleast you had some use of change, defend + fury and sadness stats... but out of those only defend does exist in FFX. I think just using attack and item whould be incredibly boring.

Black Mage FF1
07-27-2004, 06:30 PM
1) nope in the elite, yes in the others.
2) Brotherhood. Since it's auto equiped.
3)Nope, I can guarantee it's not.
4)zorander answered that. And just use some Aeons if you need.

Black Mage FF1, I don't think it's fun to just use Attack + item. Yea, it's way harder... but I don't think it's very enjoyable. I've beaten FFVII with solo character, no materia + only first weapon and armour. What made this challange hell was not the hardness but the lack of options in battle. Atleast you had some use of change, defend + fury and sadness stats... but out of those only defend does exist in FFX. I think just using attack and item whould be incredibly boring.

The no overdrive one would be dumb to do but the other two you can use overdrives which probably makes them more enjoyable to do. BTW I dont think any of these challenges would be fun to do. Just long and boring.

Ultima Shadow
07-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, I really enjoyed the FFVIII one. Without the Magic Junctioning and stuff... almost more than when playing trough it normal. However, I haven't tried out all these yet, so I don't know if they'r all a load of crap to play. However, in the FFVII thing... the final battle was actually very funny.

Az Lionheart
07-27-2004, 06:48 PM
i will try this soon but i have only just got inside sin so i will have to wait...

Kuja
07-27-2004, 07:03 PM
ehm, i started with challenge 2, but i've activated my sphere grid, so now i'm busy with the very good challenge... now i'm at the moonflow, and it's still very easy !

Ultima Shadow
07-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, I never tried this on out before posting. That's why it all went so strange... :rolleyes2 . I feeled I had to hurry when you made a tread asking for it. :p

Michiru
07-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Done the Expert, and died before getting to Luca.

:D

Kuja
07-29-2004, 11:12 AM
hehe just beat the **** out of seymour ! it's still easy....
hope it will get harder in the end.