PDA

View Full Version : Yojimbo?

xxYunalesca
07-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Is he really worth paying for...? I am totally stuck at the Calm Lands and I do still feel that my aeons and party are still too weak :cry:

Ultima Shadow
07-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Well, he si very worth it... but you don't need to get him rigth now, you can do it later. However... if you'r stuck in calmlands and feel that you'r to weak... then you should level up some. And by killing monsters you also get money. :greenking :up:
...money...MONEY...don't read the spoiler in my sig. :eek: (people always do what others tell them NOT to do).

xxYunalesca
07-25-2004, 11:29 PM
LoL shadow your a trip. Thanks for the advice! :D

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Hehehe. My nick name is Ultima, not Shadow... whatever. There's also a pretty hard boss ahead so if you had problem with the previous one... then leveling for awhile is a very good idea.

...prepare for one of the hardest in-story battles. :eek:

Psychotic
07-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Yojimbo is MORE than worth it. One of his attacks, Zanmato, can slay any enemy, and it has been a friend of mine. Well, not friend, that would be crazy. A useful tool in battling Dark Aeons, heh.

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 12:31 AM
I don't rely on Zanmato... Really... I never pay Yojimbo enough to make him do that attack... I always pay him an average amount of gil so that he will use Wakizashi or Konzuka... mainly because I don't like to use instant kill attacks like Zanmato... and maybe, also because I don't like to waste like 918,273,645 gil on only 1 attack. :p

chu52
07-26-2004, 12:32 AM
How much exactly does zanmato cost, i never got him to do that.

Psychotic
07-26-2004, 12:42 AM
I think it's based on a percentage of your money, and how many times you've done it/summoned him, and also whether he's in Overdrive is a factor, I think. I've had him do it for 11 gil before.

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 12:51 AM
It also depends on the powerfullness of your enemy.

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 01:54 AM
oh my goodness i keep thinking im doing something wrong here you guys...my party really stinks... :cry: :confused: somebody level up my people to the max!! :D

Triple T
07-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Yojimbo is MORE than worth it. One of his attacks, Zanmato, can slay any enemy, and it has been a friend of mine. Well, not friend, that would be crazy. A useful tool in battling Dark Aeons, heh.

We have no Dark Aeons. ;_;

Anyway, he's worth it. Just pay him what he wants at first then in battle only give him 1 Gil. He uses Wakizashi and Kozuka with 1 Gil while Daigoro with more Gil so don't waste money in battle with him. :aimwink:

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 02:07 AM
oh my goodness i keep thinking im doing something wrong here you guys...my party really stinks... :cry: :confused: somebody level up my people to the max!! :D
Ummmm... you know how to use the sphere grid rigth? :riiight:
Well... why do you think your party is so bad? Do you die on every monster you encounter or something?

chu52
07-26-2004, 02:18 AM

Well to level up easy just stay near the save spere is yojimbo's cave,you'll get mega cash and some good exp.^^

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 09:35 AM
i have got him to do it for 6 gil. i normally pay 5/10gill a go and he takes off a hell of a lot.
Ultima:the boss after the calm lands is so easy :p

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 09:53 AM
i have got him to do it for 6 gil. i normally pay 5/10gill a go and he takes off a hell of a lot.
Ultima:the boss after the calm lands is so easy :p
I mean Seymour Flux. he's the second hardest in-story boss.

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
oh him...he killed me once then beat him on my second go with out training. but yer he can be hard.

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Yea, he's not like the Dark Aeons & c:o or something but he's still the second hardest in-story boss. Most bosses are all way to easy. :cry:

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 10:45 AM
yer i know who do you think is the hardest?
i am in the middle of the story at the mo and have just defeatedsin's head.the one where you have to defeat him before his overdrive fills

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Yunalesca is the hardest.

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
:eek: i did not think you would choose that person. how many times did it defeat you? killed me once.

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Killed me 3 times. :D Because of Mega Death. I didn't kill her second form with an Aeon the first 3 times and I didn't have any Death proof armour.

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 11:07 AM
LOL. after the first first battle with he(the 3rd form killed me :( ) i just kept Auron as a zombie and double his Hp so he had around 9800. therefore even if she used curaga she could not kill him. also death does not work on those who are dead :confused:. is Yu Yeven easier then?

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Yu Yevon is the most patetic boss in the game! You CAN'T die. Oh, yea... I forgot that zombies can't be killed by death spells.:p

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 11:25 AM
what do you mean you cant die?

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 01:06 PM
what do you mean you cant die?
You'll see what I mean once you'r there. :rolleyes2 However... there's battles before Yu Yevon that you can be killed in... but they aren't much trouble either.

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 01:26 PM
ok i will have to play it soon then talk to you about it tomorrow!
psis the form of seymore in side sin hard?

chichi
07-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Yojimbo is definitely worth getting if you have the dark aeon version or your someone that has to do absolutely everything in the game. Otherwise, it probably doesn't matter. I mean, besides Zanmato (which can be hard to get Yojimbo to do, depending on your 'relationship' with him) his other attacks are not as powerful as some of your other aeons attacks. But that is just my opinion :)

Ultima Shadow
07-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, his extreamly high evade is very usefull. And it's cheap to use Zanmato. :p

Kuja
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
if you have your stats on 255, and you aim a couple of times, you can hit him easily ! i think it's a kind of cheat to use zanmato, better to kill him with skills

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 02:11 PM
My party is bad...I know how to use the sphere grid...I just *sigh* ehh...they don't die all the time..but almost every couple of battles... :mad2:

UltimateSpamGrover
07-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Yojimbo is like the FFX version of Odin

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 02:23 PM
when i am in spira i always have 99Pheonix downs+ 99 high potions.
i dont use them a lot but for some reason i dont have life/full life so they come in handy.
to help win battles make sure your overdrives are set eg:
tidus should be set on the one where his overdrive fill on his turn as he is fast(dunno name.
yuna should be on healer(obivous)
etc..... have a look and see what modes you have lernt and set them to your liking!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
hoped that helped :)

chichi
07-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Well, his extreamly high evade is very usefull. And it's cheap to use Zanmato. :p

It's not cheap for everyone to get Yojimbo to do Zanmato :) Like I said it depends on your 'relationship'with him. I actually don't have to give him much money for him to do it, but I have read quite a few other posts where people have had to pay him quite a bit. Though your right about his high evade. It IS useful. :p

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Well I am just so happy for you all who have came across all that gil for Yojimbo and have all the ultimate whatevers lol. *pouts* WHY MUST I BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EVER HAD TROUBLE WITH THIS GAME!! :eek:

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Well I am just so happy for you all who have came across all that gil for Yojimbo and have all the ultimate whatevers lol. *pouts* WHY MUST I BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EVER HAD TROUBLE WITH THIS GAME!! :eek:
lol dont worry to get the money i sold every thing i had apart from the weapons equiped :eek:
i only have a few ultimate weapons and crests but none of them goo together so i can not use them :( if you need help the just ask me :)

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 02:48 PM
thanks lionheart....i feel...so....incapable of this...i dont want to even turn on the game cause im gunna get frustrated..um..how should i set my party's overdrives??

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
r. :p
Auron:worrior(fills when allies get hit)cos he is slow :)
Wakka,Rikku,Tidus:Ally(i dunno if that is the right name but the one where it fills on the characters turn)cos they are all fast.
Yuna:healer(fills when she heals)obvious.
Lulu:this one depends, if you have double cast then put her on the one which fills when you hurt an enemy. if not then the same as tidus.
Kimari: this one is really up to you. for me his overdrive fills when he attacks cos i have a weapon equiped which has Evade and counter.
i hope it is not to confusing if so just say and i will find out the proper names :D

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 02:58 PM
this will be easier cos i got some names wrong before:
Auron:Comrade
Tidus:Ally
Wakka:Ally
Rikku:Ally
Yuna:Healer
Lulu:Ally/warrior
Kimari:Warrior/your choise!!!!!!!!!!!

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 02:59 PM
lol are you trying to make me feel dumb :p but I wouldnt mind the real names :D :D I just want my people to be as strong as possible

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 03:01 PM
LMFAO you were posting at the same time I was XD

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 03:03 PM
so we were :p
i was not making you look dumb, i was the dumb one for not knowing the real names.LOL
where are you in the game then?

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 03:07 PM
LOL oki as long as we are both idiots its all good :D just kidding...um...I'm at mt.gagazet but I'm in the calm lands for battling which i know I shouldnt because I get poisened a thousand times in 1 battle ><

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 03:11 PM
we are both idiots (but you are more)only joking :p .
can you customise weapons yet if so try and get Auto med or do wat i do and buy 50 remedys!!!

i was kiding about the you are more comment sorry :)

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 03:13 PM
LOL can you buy remedies!??! oh god...now i am the huge idiot!! :eek:

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 03:16 PM
no just a small one oj(only joking). you can later on but for now go to the battle arena and buy antidotes.
have you been into Gagazet yet?

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah just the beginning scene with the ronsos...nothing else yet...i was too scared i wouldnt make it back lmao.

Kuja
07-26-2004, 04:03 PM
ehm, how did you ever finish the game?

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 04:04 PM
i never actually finished the game...my boyfriend did but i didn't really pay attention the first time...so im playing it on my own and i don't really know too much...eh ><

Kuja
07-26-2004, 04:06 PM
hehe, doesn't surprise me.. ;)

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 06:09 PM
^ is a bit mean..lol

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
hay xxyunie, how u doing on it?

xxYunalesca
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
um lmfao im still in the chamber of the stolen faith raising my party haha. im such the dork on this messageboard...but i got a lot going on so it's been on pause for awhile ;)