PDA

View Full Version : to do or not to do...

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 03:06 PM
i am just about to finish FFX and i loved it.
shall i get X-2?
good points and bad points please.... :p

Vaprice
07-26-2004, 03:27 PM
You should rent it. I beat it in like a week. If you loved FFX then you should get it.

It's not one of the greatest FF's around like FFVI or FFVII or FFVIII. It's pretty bad, maybe because they had to release it too fast. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't the greatest.

Kuja
07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
you should get it, it's a good rpg. although i hated the girl power part in it ) if you want to finish the game in 100 %, you shouldn't rent it, if you only play it ones, it's a good idea to rent it.

eternalshiva
07-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I <3 that game ^^ The girliness of it can be over powering at first but then you see the humour behind it and it grows on you ^^ It's a nice wrap up to the first one. I recommend it but don;t stop playing after the first five minutes >< boo! Play it through and I recommend a FAQ or the book, the game has LOADS of side quests to get the complete 100% story. This is mission based and percentage counts BIG time to get the full ending *nods*

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
i might have to rent it then.

SeeDRankLou
07-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I love FFX-2, it's an awesome game, don't listen to everyone's negative opinions based on Yuna's shorts. Just don't be expecting a repeat of FFX, it is a very different game in almost every way that it can be different. It's still good though. The story is slow to start, but once it actually picks up it's really really good. And you will probably be rather pleasantly surprised by how Yuna progresses as a character in this game. I would suggest buying it, the replay value is very high as well.

kikimm
07-27-2004, 08:33 AM
I had the same problem as you do. I was actually mad at square, for a time, because I didn't want a sequel. I loved the way it ended, and I didn't want them to go back, and ruin it.

I still bought the game though. :p I didn't play it for about a month, because I still wasn't sure I wanted to. The first time i tried to play it, I shut it off immediately after I saw the opening. I thought my head was going to explode. But a couple days later, I got through it, played a little more.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but not exactly FF quality. One of the main things it has going for it is that it's so dang fun! I love the battle system. You really have to be paying attention, not just clicking on the x button every couple of seconds.

Yeah, the 'girlpower' thing can be fairly overwhelming, but I got over it. My only real complaint is that I don't exactly like what they did to Yuna's character. At all. They made her something which I don't think is 'Yuna.' That bothers me.

But the storyline is very good. You want to know more, you want to find out about these charcters, and you care what happens to them. I've heard people complain about how there are very little cgs. Well, yeah, that's true, but they're a LOT longer than anything in 10's save for the ending. (plus, the luca theater is still there)

Okay...um, this went on far longer than I thought. Hope that helped you some. I would rent first. Although I don't regret buying it one bit, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

:D

Ryth
08-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Pros: Great graphics, dress spheres make the game have more variety, some humor, great fun, good story, multiple endings, seeing how much Kilika has changed since FFX, ATB battle system is better than in FFIII-FFIX (with chains (combos)), great music (it is FF so duh!), voice acting, great characters, I like leveling up being level 99 just gives me pride, You'll like Yuna better than in FFX, action button, ummm Yuna and Rikku have better outfits......heh heh heh (looks around nervously...).

Cons: Girl power thing, I miss the Sphere Grid, if you're trying to get 100% if you screw up once you have to strat ALL over, some battles I found i could just attack over and over again and win (whoopee great fun that barely happens though), Sphere Break SUCKS HARD, at the beginning you don't know if you're REALLY having as much fun as you think you are you a little "ummm yeah okay I'm having fun..... right?" but you soon find out you fortunatly are. I didn't like the Gunner courses. Major con it isn't REALLY what FFX fans wanted it is really fun but this isn't what a FFX sequel should be it is WAY to different.

Conclusion: 9/10 everything is great it looks like there are more cons than pros but I had to write longer sentences.

Carnage
08-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Dont just rent it get it. It has awesome replay value. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=49199)

DMKA
08-31-2004, 12:26 AM
WTF do you mean rent? BUY THIS GAME! I doubt he means he got 100% in a week...he just means he beat the final boss in a week. It took me awhile to finish. I've never spent more time on any other game than this one. My clock is at 135 hours, 15 minutes, and I STILL haven't gotten everything, but I have gotten 100%, and its fun, unque, and original...not a carbon copy of every RPG for the last decade (which is why it gets so much negative feedback around here)...need I say more? This game kicks ass and you'll want to own it. Buy it...now. :choc:

Trumpet Thief
08-31-2004, 12:29 AM
chaos: I found it fun, although I used to hate it.

Rubedo: Paine is really funny at times, and if you enjoy that Charlies' Angels type stuff, then you'll love this game. Either way, get it.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:44 PM
never has such a crap game...been so damn fun to play :mad2: :D .

DMKA
08-31-2004, 08:32 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEES :love: :love: :love:

Ultima Shadow
09-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Yes, I have to agree. I HATE the characters and I REALLY don't like the story and the final boss is just pure crap.
Still... this game IS much fun. Via Ifinito... I love you! :love:

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-08-2004, 07:27 PM
You can get 100% in under a week. I played the game from Friday night to Sunday night and beat it with about 50 something percent completion. Then I played it all of monday and beat it in 14 hours straight while skipping scenes, about 70 something percent done. Played it over with a walkthrough from this site without skipping scenes. Played the 3rd game and beat it Thursday morning. I'm on my fourth game and I saved at Luca just so I could watch the CGs at the theater. I only have 56 hours logged.