PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it?

zacks_clone
07-26-2004, 03:23 PM
I have the money to buy this game now, and I'm not completly sure I want to get it just yet-But I know I certainly wont have the money next month nor any later. I want to know if this is going to be some dull game I'll play once and never touch again,or if it's actually worth buying. Also if there are any hidden fees or something on it.

So,like the title of this topic asks-Should I get it,or wait until Christmas when someone else will get it for me?

Mikztsu
07-26-2004, 03:33 PM
It's the best game I've ever played, but that's just my opinion. ;-) Seriously, it can be so much fun.

eternalshiva
07-26-2004, 05:04 PM
I like it ^^ you meet lots of people in a very unique enviroment which makes playing the game quite fun and keeps you coming back for more. The quests are always fun and you can go into the story or take a break from it, travel around and level. Forming a Static Party is the way to go in high levels since you pt with people you know, it's easier in battle and the flow of the game goes faster and it is much more entertaining. There are times when you want to throw the game out the window and curse the name Square-Enix and Final Fantasy because some people in there are just arses but besides the bad days, it's a fun game. It's challenging and dear god, you can use all the help you can get, even from the innacuracy of the Game Guide :P i've had it for two or three months and I've got nothing bad to say about it ^^ It's addictive.

Vaprice
07-26-2004, 05:25 PM
You shall get it. You shall get it *dont fall to peer pressure dont fall to peer pressure.*

Yeah its a good game. And it's fun especially when you meet people, and talk in your linkshell.

Ichy
07-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I love the game, I find its the probably one of the very best pastimes I've ever taken up... and therein it becomes a problem, as well. As it's been said, it's addictive. Even now, while I had to wait for the natural gas people to get here and reset the furnace, I'm playing hooky from the rest of my day at work just so I can play. At times I've had to take anywhere from a week to a month off from playing just to get some semblance of a real life back again.

Putting that aside, however, the game is absolutely awesome. The interface is so intuitive with the compressed keyboard option it's like playing your favorite shooter, the graphics and music far surpass any other MMORPG around, the service is excellent, the programming virtually bug free, and, most importantly, the community and economy in this game is very well developped. Don't let horror stories of rude and/or bad players deter you from trying this game out, for every 1 of them there are at least 10 extrodinary people to meet who you can game with and have a great time.

Wholeheartedly think this game is worth every penny I've sunk into it :)

Bahamut2000X
07-26-2004, 09:47 PM
You should get it now so you don't miss out on Summerfest and can get your yukata and all the other greatness of Summerfest.

zacks_clone
07-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Is there some sort of fee to get started?I didnt buy the game just yet,but on the box it said something along the lines of "30 day free trial"-What the heck is that about?I have never played an online game before,so...is there some charge to get onto a network or something?

Mikztsu
07-27-2004, 01:46 AM
First month is absolutely free. After that it's 13USD (?) per month.

Stoneman
08-05-2004, 08:54 AM
it is one of the best games out there in my opinion it is completey worth the $13 monthly charge. so yes you should definetly get it

Ouch!
08-05-2004, 10:29 PM
About charges: $12.95 for one content ID (one character per content ID). There's an additional $1.00 if you want to play Tetra Master, the card game from FFIX. Also, for each additional content ID you buy, for extra characters, it's an additional $1.00. Additional characters are not really required, as you can change your job at anytime at your moghouse.

The only reason some people have extra characters is so that they're more effecient at their jobs. For example, I have my tarutaru which I play my mages on, and even my thief and monk. However, when I wanted to start a warrior to tank, I made an Elvaan, as they're much better tanks than tarutarus. You won't see many tarutaru warriors actually tanking, but you will see them.

Like everyone has said: get the game. It's well worth the money. Of the few MMORPGs I've played, it's got the best service and upkeep, some of the best scenery and simply put, it's Final Fantasy. True, it's addictive, but you can always take a break from it. Partying is very important in the game. Past level 10, it'll get extremely difficult to solo and to get anywhere you'll have to join a group. Sure, there are some complete idiots out there, but they tend to get eliminated eventually. Like Ichy said, though, there's a lot more good players out there than there are idiots.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

Rostum
08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Only get it if you like MMORPG's.