PDA

View Full Version : [Graphic Design] The OFFICIAL Signature compition....

07-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Welcome all to the sig making event of the week!

Rules:
1-Signature must fit board signture requirments.

2-Must fit the topic (Princess Mononoke)

3-Deadline THIS FRIDAY

4-Post your sig in this thread if you want it enter (I will be glad to host sigs for anyone)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Female Ryuichi
07-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Just a suggestion, wouldn't it be easier to do a wider theme?

07-26-2004, 07:38 PM
well, me and my friend thouhgt about it but It wouldn't be as fair...people who do princess mononoke might not be able to get as good of pictures as people who do berserk or visa-versa...

Shlup
07-26-2004, 07:45 PM
"Official" eh? Good luck with that. xD

07-26-2004, 07:49 PM
good luck with what?

Flying Mullet
07-26-2004, 07:56 PM
How is this contest "official"?

07-26-2004, 08:00 PM
well, it's official becasue I wrote official on it...

Az Lionheart
07-26-2004, 08:01 PM
lol :D

Polyonymous
07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
chris is crazy...... but he is crazy in a good way. from now on everyone call him random-numbers-man, or applesauce, or piggybank. those are only a few of the names he is randomly called by his family and friends

m4tt
07-26-2004, 08:32 PM
well, it's official becasue I wrote official on it...

It's only official if you get staff approval.

07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
how aobut this...instead of getting on me about whether or not it's official let's either go and make a sig to enter or not post at all...I didn't start this thread to have everyone start on my case about it's "officialness"!!!

Flying Mullet
07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Actually by putting "OFFICIAL" in all caps you kinda did...

Polyonymous
07-26-2004, 08:46 PM
perhapes we should close this thread and post a new "not so official sig competition"

07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
I disagree, just becasue I wrote OFFICIAL doesn't mean that I need everyone to start bitching about how it's not really official

Flying Mullet
07-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Alright, well I put my two cents in, I'm done.

07-26-2004, 08:52 PM
BAH
I would also like all this 'official' nonsense to stop....

nik0tine
07-26-2004, 08:56 PM
lol.

TasteyPies
07-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Who the fudge is Princess Mononoke?

wakka
07-26-2004, 11:47 PM
That is a cool sig you have 870621345. Slipknot is a cool band, i like most of there songs.

Isnt that princess of a cartoon movie? Trust me it isnt for people under 10 years old.

escobert
07-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Who the fudge is Princess Mononoke?
It was a anime made a couple years ago about a boy who is infected with a plauge type thing and goes out on a journey to try and stop it.

TasteyPies
07-26-2004, 11:57 PM
*cough* Miroku *cough*

SomethingBig
07-27-2004, 02:25 AM
everyone call him random-numbers-man
I was so the first one to call him that.

Slightly It doesn't seem like anyone has any plans of joining this contest.

07-27-2004, 02:27 AM
here is the sig I am entering..don't judge it yet, deadline isn't until Friday..

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/870621345/Misc/prinmon1.gif

EDIT:
I was so the first one to call him that.

Slightly It doesn't seem like anyone has any plans of joining this contest.

I got two people so far so we OFFICIALY have enough...

Polyonymous
07-27-2004, 02:36 AM
well here is the othe person..... now others need to join

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/drbrain/FF%20Sigs/mononoke.jpg

Erased
07-29-2004, 04:32 PM
ok, just because I'm cool, I'lll(what? I'm not... cool? well, ok. whatever) I decided to enter too(through polyonomous' convincing)
so, here it is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/sigmanff/mononokesig.jpg
I did that in about a half hour. am I good or(its not that good? I probably won't win? huh... oh well)

zacks_clone
07-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Guys,why dont we try and keep it to something everyone knows.Such as Final Fantasy,seeing how this IS a final fantasy board. I havent a clue who this princess is,and you have pretty much called yourselves winners because you DO know who it is and have signatures made already.I think that the creator of this topic cannot enter(isnt really fair I dont think,seeing how you create the topic you are going to have everyone base their signatures around!).

Erased
07-29-2004, 08:16 PM
<quote>Guys,why dont we try and keep it to something everyone knows</quote>
Everyone should know this movie... ESPECIALLY any miyazaki fans.
<quote>I havent a clue who this princess is,and you have pretty much called yourselves winners because you DO know who it is and have signatures made already</quote>
I just made mine today! come on, really...
<quote> think that the creator of this topic cannot enter</quote>
I think its just fine if he enters, he can't vote for himself or any of us though...
<quote>I think that the creator of this topic cannot enter</quote>
you could enter too, ya know....

Polyonymous
07-29-2004, 08:25 PM
well then next competion we will have ppl vote on a topic, or maybe we will chose something everyone knows. But chances are everyone will not know anything other than FF. I think if we do somthing like FF we will have to chose a specific FF because some are more popular than others and ppl will vote on them just because they like that FF more.

Erased
07-29-2004, 08:28 PM
ANYTHING BUT 7!!! I'm so sick of it, lol... :tongue: :tongue:

zacks_clone
07-29-2004, 09:23 PM
ANYTHING BUT 7!!! I'm so sick of it, lol... :tongue: :tongue:

...You really want to get on my bad side,dont you? :D Maybe somone could supply a few pictures that we need to base a signature around.It would be just as good as picking a single topic. Atleast then everyone knows what they should be doing,right?

Polyonymous
07-29-2004, 09:43 PM
well it isnt hard to get on google image search, type in princess mononoke, and find some cool pics to work with.

Baloki
07-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Sure, add to the workload why don't you...

I don't think this is a good idea really
a) its weekly, always a bad idea which will annoy the mods due to attachments
b) No clearly defined rules really, yes you've said a topic (although that wasn't too clear), but you haven't set anything massivly specific...
c) You've made it on an obscure topic, I know your 'group' like it and whatnot but the general group of people who post here are not massive, nor do (it seems anyway as they only ever post like once or twice) they seem to be big anime fans. I know you can do a google search, but some people like to have an idea of what their doing based on programs.
d) No mention of whos judging it, how it will be judged, etc
e) Whats anyones motivation to post, you said no prize, which is fine for a one off/yearly kindda thing, but if its every week you have to keep um coming back.

Yes thats all very harsh, but in A&W I am harsh but fair, yes its a good idea but think it over more next time and discuss it with a mod or Proto or something, they have experiance in this kind of stuff and can really help you :D

Polyonymous
07-29-2004, 10:20 PM
its weekly, always a bad idea which will annoy the mods due to attachments

i dont understand how it will annoy the mods.

No clearly defined rules really

we dont want to limit you on your sig, it just cant be to big and needs to be on topic.

You've made it on an obscure topic

we are fixing that for next competition

No mention of whos judging it

everyone is, they will be voting.

Whats anyones motivation to post

you will be awarded with competition points, latter on when ppl have more points we will have different levels of competiton to give the less experianced sig makers a chance to compete. And you get to have a little friendly competition.

Erased
07-29-2004, 10:26 PM
*gets ready to eat his own words* actually I just made a really nice sig I wanna submit for next contest. Bring on 7!!!

zacks_clone
07-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Sure, add to the workload why don't you...

I don't think this is a good idea really
a) its weekly, always a bad idea which will annoy the mods due to attachments
b) No clearly defined rules really, yes you've said a topic (although that wasn't too clear), but you haven't set anything massivly specific...
c) You've made it on an obscure topic, I know your 'group' like it and whatnot but the general group of people who post here are not massive, nor do (it seems anyway as they only ever post like once or twice) they seem to be big anime fans. I know you can do a google search, but some people like to have an idea of what their doing based on programs.
d) No mention of whos judging it, how it will be judged, etc
e) Whats anyones motivation to post, you said no prize, which is fine for a one off/yearly kindda thing, but if its every week you have to keep um coming back.

Yes thats all very harsh, but in A&W I am harsh but fair, yes its a good idea but think it over more next time and discuss it with a mod or Proto or something, they have experiance in this kind of stuff and can really help you :D

:: agrees with Baloki :: thank you. This is a really good idea guys, but I think it should have been thought out a little more then it was.

Polyonymous
07-29-2004, 10:45 PM
if you look up to my last post i answerd all of those questions

GhandiOwnsYou
07-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Could you not just have an Open Sig comepetition? I think that'd be a bit more fair. Personally, i think it's a bit unfair to limit the sig topics, because people more interested in it will naturally have better artistic vision on what to use. So just make a Vague topic, Like, Final Fantasy games. Video games in general, Movies, anime. that type of thing.

07-31-2004, 04:17 AM
well, first off if you have a bigger subject then people vote for their favorite show or whatever not the quality of the sig...

secondly people who have bigger subjects might get better pictures for their subject as compared to other people....

Female Ryuichi
08-01-2004, 08:43 PM
well, first off if you have a bigger subject then people vote for their favorite show or whatever not the quality of the sig...

Or not. If you ask people to vote for the best sig (quality wise), you may be suprised.

secondly people who have bigger subjects might get better pictures for their subject as compared to other people....

If the person chose their subject within a category, it's quite likely they all ready have a lot of pictures for that series (eg I could do either a good Kanon or Card Captor Sakura one. Bet you havn't hear of the first one :D), so it's quite likely they have good pictures.