PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong

Flashback007
07-26-2004, 08:46 PM
http://www.nos.nl/tour2004/images/2507_armstrong2_ap_tcm38-72250.jpg

He did it. His six Tour de France. Without any competion of Ullrich, Mayo and Hamilton, he could easily make a gap to the new men Basso, Kloden and afcourse Voeckler. He did suffer cancer, but he survived and has one every Tour de France since he joined in 1999 again. I think he is a very very good sportman and human. But what do you think? Let me hear

Flying Mullet
07-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I think it's very impressive what he's done. I really admire him because if I ever ride my bike for more than 5-10 miles my crotch always gets numb and I hate that feeling. :(

nik0tine
07-26-2004, 09:06 PM
yeah what he has done is pretty awesome. im not all in to the tour de france but its good to see a success story like this.

escobert
07-26-2004, 09:09 PM
He's one crazy cracker :p

The Captain
07-26-2004, 11:19 PM
It's a pity that Armstrong's achievement is always paled in comparison here in America because cycling is considered a "fringe" sport.

I must admit, I don't really follow cycling that much but from all view points, the Tour is among the toughest and most grueling sprots activities in the world. For Armstrong to win the tour 6 years in a row after beating cancer and winning many of them so convincingly, yet to be told his accomplishments aren't as good as a basketball or football player, who play team sports and don't travel 2000 miles on their own legs uphill, shows how misinformed much of the sports world can be.

I honestly think that Armstrong is one of the greatest athletes of all time, and deserves so much more credit than he gets.

Take care all.

Kirobaito
07-26-2004, 11:26 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that he's the best athlete in the world. If I ride my bike for more than 5-10 feet my crotch gets numb. :) It's really great. And this year was especially hard because they changed the race to try to keep him from winning, and with the French media trying to catch him doping and stuff. He doesn't dope or cheat. He's a Texan, after all.

-N-
07-27-2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah, all that stuff about him taking steroids is a load of crap. Prednisone is frickin' prescribed anyways. I had to take it at one point. For god's sake, the man had cancer. You think his immune system could take him doping?

Big D
07-27-2004, 06:37 AM
That man is both a legend and an inspiration.It's a pity that Armstrong's achievement is always paled in comparison here in America because cycling is considered a "fringe" sport.
Don't worry, the international media gives him the coverage he deserves.

Del Murder
07-27-2004, 06:43 AM
He is quite good at what he does, and his story is very heroic and inspirational, but I think best athlete in the world is a little much. Still, his acievements are very considerable.

Yamaneko
07-27-2004, 06:48 AM
He's one of the best athletes, I think.

Flashback007
07-28-2004, 08:16 PM
He is quite good at what he does, and his story is very heroic and inspirational, but I think best athlete in the world is a little much. Still, his acievements are very considerable.

Why are they very considerable??? Do you think he is using some kind of stimulating medicin like EPO or what??? Do you really think that a man how suffer from cancer can take a drug, only medicin to prevent the return of cancer.

I am sorry if I sound a little angry, but sometimes I am cause. Armstrong is one of the two sportman I think is the best ever lived. And I then get carried away in my exicment. Again, sorry. But this is my opinion

Breine
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes, it's impressive... But I suspect he's on drugs.

Del Murder
07-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Uh, 'considerable' means 'quite an accomplishment'. It's not something bad.

escobert
07-29-2004, 04:57 AM
Yes, it's impressive... But I suspect he's on drugs.
and why would you say this?

Breine
07-29-2004, 11:03 AM
The man has won Tour de France 6 times in a row... It's damn near impossible unless you're on some kind of drug...

Flying Mullet
07-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Or dedicated.

There was actually a commercial out in the states about four years ago touching on this, when the drug abuse in baseball was so publicly rampant and getting a lot of press. In the commercial were people asking him if he used performance enhancing drugs and such and when he said no they asked him how he does it. "Simple", he said, "I get on my bike a dawn and ride for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week".

Lance Armstrong has dedication to his sport, which is nice to see these days when so many athletes are there for the wrong reasons, such as fame and money. Lance is dedicated to cycling because he loves to ride his bike. Simple enough.

Flashback007
07-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Uh, 'considerable' means 'quite an accomplishment'. It's not something bad.

Oops, I'm sorry. My knowledge from English isn't that good. Damn. :shame: . But I did explain it, but still someone here believes the best man is on drugs.