PDA

View Full Version : Hacking

TasteyPies
07-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Just wondering, is hacking in FF XI an offense that can get you kicked out of the game and have your account taken away? Or just have your charicter deleted and be given a slap on the wrist? Or just complained about and looked down upon by players? What are the guidelines we are looking at here? I Loved hacking "Dungeon Siege" where nothing was done about it. I knew I couldn't hack "Dark Age of Camelot" because players would report you and you would get more than a slap on the wrist. So can I hack in FF XI?

Flying Mullet
07-26-2004, 10:26 PM
You'll get kicked out of the game and have your account taken away.

Citizen Bleys
07-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Plus I'll rip your head off and defecate down your stinking neck.

TasteyPies
07-26-2004, 11:04 PM
You'll get kicked out of the game and have your account taken away.

Thanks

Plus I'll rip your head off and defecate down your stinking neck.

No thanks, im not realy into that sort of thing.

Vaprice
07-26-2004, 11:12 PM
The only form of hacking that I have read is your speed. People hack using something, and there speed in the game is faster. Not to be mixed up with being a theif and have flee.

But usually when you have hacked you'd be caught in a seconds instant. So, there's really no point in hacking. We all get along, and have some fun.

Ouch!
07-27-2004, 12:13 AM
I'm not too sure about the speed hacks. In all my time playing the game (since the day it was released in the US) I have never heard of them.

The only hacking I have ever heard of that you won't get in trouble for is going into your files installed for the game and swapping things such as images. For example, one could replace the image for a crawler with say... a rarab. Obviously, that affects nobody except oneself, so they can't really get you in trouble.

But yeah, you'll get banned and have your account removed. Besides, hacking is bad.

I also love the Duke Nukem reference.

Vaprice
07-27-2004, 02:34 AM
The place where I read about speedhacking was here

http://www.finalfantasyxionline.com/content/guides-cheats.php

Rostum
07-27-2004, 09:23 AM
They fixed that speed hack a LONG time ago. The only way to make your character run faster is using Flee, which is a level 25 THF ability.

Citizen Bleys
07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
No thanks, im not realy into that sort of thing.

That's the point.

Oh, and there are fish-bots. I've caught some.

They don't last long, because people who try to make money LEGITIMATELY by fishing notice right quick and tell the GMs. It's pretty easy for the GMs to tell if it's real or not--send a /tell. Real players wouldn't ignore a /tell from a GM.

Ichy
07-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Don't forget voke-bots for that handy dandy NM camping... Ruins everything about wanting a cool special item, these guys have voke-bots that spam voke 10 times the speed you normally can, then they turn around and sell the item for more than it's honestly worth while the people who're there to get it because they'll use it get screwed... keep saving, the price is still going up... argg...

How to spot a Voke-Bot? Get a mob, any mob, aggro it and bring it to the person you think is botting, right in front of them, then call for help. If he vokes faster than you have ever seen, and I mean like in less than a fraction of a second, then you've caught yourself a botter. How do you stop these people? They've been reported to Hell and back, but the problem is that these people know when they've been spotted by these methods and turn the bots off at that point. The end result is that nothing gets done about it. However, bring a Dragoon with you next time you go camping and get him/her to stand right close to your botter. His voke-bot's script will continually target the DRG's Wyvern, since it's an NPC, just like mobs. Can't voke a wyvern, and can't get kicked for walking around next to a suspected botter, either.

Lionx
07-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Unfortunetly most of the advance bots have scripting \to respond to GM only calls and target specific mobs, so they wont target your wyvern and will respond to a GM. =/

Citizen Bleys
07-28-2004, 01:49 AM
A script's a script. A GM's a person. I don't think a script can outwit a person, not unless the person's not even trying.

Ichy
07-28-2004, 03:44 PM
With some of the GMs in this game, you'd be suprised... They're like the freakin Pokeroo... You've always "just missed them" and they never really seem to accomplish a whole lot more than entertain children and whiners.

Either way, staying on topic, it's all well and good that someone may be able to hack, but the fact remains that noone in the game gives a rat's ass. The vast majority of us work very hard at making our money and surviving our battles, the challenge and the comraderie brings the fun. If someone wants to ruin that for me and so many others not only will I disband them or myself, I'll make sure as many people as possible know what they're doing... assuming I ever caught them in the act. Wanna show off your mad skillz? Go write a game, don't ruin an awesome one for a bunch of people who couldn't care if you can read binary, let alone hack an MMO.

Lionx
07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
The GMs are bound by TOS and EULA thats why they never seem to do anything, they need more power honestly..-_-;

Rostum
07-29-2004, 12:06 AM
It'd be pretty shallow to hack a MMORPG anyways. It was made for fun, and for acomplishments, now if you hack and get pass all the 'hard work' bit of the game, then I don't see how you could enjoy this game. =\

Sure it's nice to be some high leveled character with some awesome equiptment that's worth 6+ million gil... but you'd feel alot better by doing the work to get there.

TasteyPies
07-29-2004, 02:07 AM
Don't get me wrong people, im not mean when I hack! I always try and help out / pl noobs. When i'm in aparty and they say im killing too much I heal instead and stuff. I always give items to noobs and stuff. If my hacking hasa negetive impact on the gaming community I always find a way around. The thing is...I usualy only hack AFTER I have spent a long time building my charicter.

Ichy
07-29-2004, 05:30 AM
If I was good enough to hack an mmorpg I'd go get certified and have some company pay me the big money to take shots at their security so that they can further improve it, not sit around and hit games.

Seriously, hacking multiplayer games always hurts the community of any particular online gaming community, even if you've reached the top of the ladder legit, because for starters you're encouraging more people to do it and most of them won't have the decency to at least wait till they're at the end, nor keep their ill gotten money and items to themselves... it always finds a way out into the public. Furthermore, because of this, I take it personally when I hear people have been hacking or botting one of my favorite games. I work hard in RL and pay my money to be a member of this game and all the entertainment it provides me. FFXI in particular really is one Hell of a master stroke for MMORPGs imo, and hacked lvls and money and items and abilities would really ruin the entire game. Nothing at all to be proud of when you consider how long and hard everyone else has worked at their in-game achievements.

Now that we've all vented so much steam out over our mutual feelings regarding MMO Hackers, let me ask you something for a moment. Do currently play or intend to play FFXI?