PDA

View Full Version : The Rules of the EoFF World and Forum

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 05:19 PM
<center><font size=4><b>CHAPTER ONE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD</b></font></center>

<b>SECTION A: Voting for leaders</b>
<ul><li>Anyone can nominate themselves to become a leader.
<li>For voting, each person can vote for up to five leaders.
<li>The leaders with the most votes win. There should be enough leaders to cover all the regions and no more than this amount. If it comes down to two (or more) people fighting for the remaining regions, they will have a face-off for dominance if they are unable to solve the dispute between themselves within 48 hours.
<li>Even if a leader ends up with no followers, they will still be considered their own nation. A population is considered to be 1,000 people per EoFF member in a region.
<li>VOTING WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL BoB STARTS A THREAD FOR IT.
</ul>
<b>SECTION B: The regions</b>
<ul><li>Each region will be given the following details...
<ul><li>Land: A brief description of the geography of the land.
<li>Weather: The weather of the region.
<li>Waters: Any large areas/bodies of water that are considered to be included in that region. This is usually displayed on the map.
<li>Resources: The major resources within the area.
<li>Needs: The resources lacked in the area.
</ul>
</ul>
<b>SECTION C: The settling</b>
<ul><li>To become one of the original leaders, you must be elected by the EoFF memberbase. Loony BoB will lead this election. Those with the most votes will become leaders. If they do not wish to become leaders, they will then have the authority to choose someone to take their place.
<li>The members will then be able to join a leader, thus becoming one of the leader's followers.
<li>The leaders will then be able to choose their regions. The leader with the most followers will choose first, and the the leader with the second largest amount of followers, down until the leader with the least followers.
<li>Once all the regions are selected, the leaders will have to choose whether or not they will allow free travel for followers to enter their nation, or if they would rather individual authorisation. Both free travel and individual authorisation have advantages and disadvantages. Leaders will also be able to enforce disallowing members from exiting their region.
<li>Provided they are able to under their region's laws, followers will then have the opportunity, should they wish to take it, to move to a <b>consecutive</b> region. Unless free travel is allowed, this can only be done under the agreement of the leader of the region they wish to move to. <b>Sea travel, at this stage, is disallowed.</b> If you are in a region surrounded by water, you cannot move to another region, nor can anyone enter your region.
<li>At this point, cities can be set up. A city consists of ten or more members. A town consists of three to nine members. A settlement consists of one or two members.
</ul>
This concludes the opening stage of The EoFF World.

<center><font size=4><b>CHAPTER TWO - BASIC RULES</b></font></center>

<b>SECTION A: Regions</b>
<ul><li>Each region has a set boundary. Only one ruling nation can exist within a region at any time. Regions can be split but this must be done with the help of Proto and BoB. Please see SECTION D (Declaring Independence) for details.
<li>At the time of creating these rules, regions can not be combined. This rule is subject to change as the world develops.
<li>Each region will be given specific details as outlined in CHAPTER ONE, SECTION B (The Regions).
</ul>
<b>SECTION B: Nations</b>
<ul><li>A nation must have a leader or it is considered a free region of anarchy and can be overtaken by any other leader.
<li>A nation must have at least one region under it's rule.
<li>A nation can be completely defeated if it has no members or if it has no region under it's rule.
<li>A nation can be 'born' (or 'reborn' if it is a renewal of a previously defeated nation) if a group of people decide to declare independence. Please see SECTION D (Declaring Independence) for details.
</ul>
<b>SECTION C: Settlements, Towns and Cities</b>
<ul><li>Settlements consist of 1-2 members.
<li>Towns consist of 3-9 members.
<li>Cities consist of at least ten members.
</ul>
<b>SECTION D: Declaring Independence</b>
<ul><li>A new nation can be 'born' if an existing region divides. The new nation is considered to have declared independence from the older nation. This can be done by either:
<ul><li>Diplomatic means. Two groups within a single nation decide to peacefully part ways and continue on in the world seperately.
<li>A rebellion occurs. The original nation must consist of at least ten members for this to happen. The rebellion must consist of over a third of the entire population and must include at least three quarters of the area that the rebellion wishes to declare independent. A rebellion must include at least one town, city or region (settlements can not rebel).
<li>A revolution occurs. This is when a rebellion has the ability to declare independence for every single region the previous nation held. The previous nation is then considered to be null and void until it's potential 'rebirth'.
</ul>
<li>Once the rebellion has completed, new borders must be set for the nations. This can be done in any of two ways, depending on how large the rebellion was.
<ul><li>PART ONE: Declaring independence as an existing region.
<ul><li>This can only be done if a nation has more than one region.
<li>This is when the new nation declares an entire region (and no more than this region) as independent. This one's fairly straight-forward.
</ul>
</ul>
<ul><li>PART TWO: Declaring independence as a partial region.
<ul><li>This can only be done if a nation has one region.
<li>This occurs when not all of the towns/cities of the region rebel.
<li>The size of the new region will depend on the geographical location of the towns/cities that rebelled within the one region and the populations of the new regions.
<li>The new region can not be completely surrounded by the existing region, a la San Marino.
<li>The new region's borders must be approved by Proto and BoB and they will advise of the new region details.
</ul>
</ul>
<li>All nation rules must be upheld when creating a new nation. No rebellion can occur if there is no leader.
</ul>
<b>SECTION E: Diplomatic Conjoining of Nations</b>
<ul><li>Two nations may join to become a single nation under a single ruler by diplomatic means.
<li>All followers will then be held under the rule of a single leader. The single leader can be decided by whatever means the original nation leaders choose. This can include (but is not limited to) the two leaders making the choice, the members of both populations making the choice, a beer drinking contest or flipping a coin.
<li>BoB and Proto must be made aware of such conjoinings and both leaders must approve of the conjoining before it is official.
</ul>
<b>SECTION F: Travel</b>
<ul><li>You can not travel through another region's land without authorisation. Free travel is considered authorisation.
<li>Sea travel can only begin when Proto and BoB say it can begin. Specific sea routes (region to region) will be set out and, until these rules change, long distance open sea travel can not go ahead without following said routes. This is to avoid major invasions from one end of the world to the next.
<li>Leaders must set out rules when it comes to members entering and exiting their nation. They must choose from the following options for both entering and exiting their nation:
<ul><li>Free Travel - Anyone can enter/exit the nation.
<li>Individual Authorisation - Members must ask the leader if they may enter/exit. The leader must authorise any entrances/exits.
</ul>
Leaders may choose Free Entrance and Authorised Exits or Authorised Entrances and Free Exits if they wish to do so.
<li>For details on army movements, please see SECTION H (Warfare).</ul>
<b>SECTION G: Alliances</b>
<ul><li>Nations can join open or secret alliances.
<li>Nations must make up their own treaties/rules of alliance. If there is a loophole in your rule that nobody points out, that's probably going to end up being your own problem, so choose your friends wisely.
<li>If you wish to move armies through another region, be sure that the treaty/alliance is known to Proto or BoB, and that the travel is authorised by the leader of the nation occupying the region the army wishes to travel through.
<li>If a UN of sorts is made, it will be considered as an alliance.
</ul>
<b>SECTION H: Warfare</b>
<ul><li>When moving troops for war, you must move them through consecutive regions of land and you must be authorised by the leader of that region to move through. These movements can be done openly or privately (ie, authorisation by PM). The region authorising such movement must PM Proto or BoB, or they must be openly allied.
<li>If either Proto or BoB are to become leaders or followers of any region, they must be separate regjons and they cannot authorise their own actions. Actions by either member must be authorised by all other moderators. Proto and BoB can not join the same region unless there is another moderator set.
<li>Landlocked regions cannot attack or be attacked by sea. Go figure.
<li>We haven't yet decided on how battles/etc. will be won, let alone what will happen to members of the nation that was defeated. We're open to suggestions. :) Until we have these rules laid out, no international wars/battles can go ahead.
</ul>
<b>SECTION I: Religion</b>
<ul><li>No details on this until further notice. You may make up your own religions but you can not control a God or any God-like being unless you are a moderater of the EoFF World (ie, BoB/Proto).
</ul>
<b>SECTION J: Technology</b>
<ul><li>No aircraft can be used until further notice.
<li>Technology in this world is currently at a medieval stage.
</ul>
<b>SECTION K: Magic</b>
<ul><li>No magic can be used until further notice.
</ul>

<center><font size=4><b>CHAPTER THREE: The Rules of this Forum</b></font></center>

<b>SECTION A: Starting Threads</b>
<ul><li>At the time these rules were posted, only staff can make new threads. This is to avoid any "mass-spam the new forum!" stuff. Sorry, guys. :p But yeah, the main rule is don't spam the place up.
<li>When threads are allowed (which will likely be after the leaders have been decided on, so they can build on their nation), please can leaders post no more than ONE thread for their nation. Only the leader can post this thread.
<li>Please avoid making threads by asking questions in the existing threads. Questions regarding the rules or how to play should be asked in this thread. Questions regarding individual nations should be posted in the respective nations's thread once it has been made.
</ul>
<b>SECTION B: Proto and BoB</b>
<ul><li>Proto and BoB will be running this in a combined effort. Other people may in time be added to the group of people who manage this interactive world, however Proto and BoB will remain their superiors and can FIRE THEM!!!!!
<li>We'll try to keep up with every post made. If anything (email/IM/PM) is sent to either Proto or myself, we'll share that information between ourselves and with nobody else.
<li>We'll try to respond to any questions as fast as possible, but please be aware that we will discuss all questions in a seperate forum to ensure that we're on the same page, so it may take some time for some answers to be given.
</ul>

Rye
07-27-2004, 05:36 PM
I like these rules. Good job. :)

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Damn, that's a lot of writing, but worth it for a good set of rules.

EDIT: Doh, how'd I miss that set of rules. Never mind.

Heath
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Sounds very interesting.

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
At the very start of all this, you wouldn't have ships capable of travel from one region to the next via sea (unless you could get to them by land anyway). Once we have a map set out and the opening stage is over, we'll work on setting out specific sea routes.

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, you actually had some rules outlining what I was suggesting.

I don't know how I missed that. :twak: :(

Rye
07-27-2004, 06:04 PM
I had an idea. Maybe, each person running for leader should give a bit of a short speech of why they should be a leader?

Cz
07-27-2004, 06:07 PM
A nice set of rules, guys. This looks like it's going to be great. :)

A couple of questions:

1) Where shall we post travel/movements? Do we post in the thread of the region we are visiting, or the region we've left, or will there be a different system altogether?
2) How will movements from settlement to settlement work (without crossing any regional boundaries)?
3)Will we be able to affect the development of technology/magic ourselves (through obtaining a certain amount of resources, perhaps?) ,or will you and Proto determine how the technology of our world will evolve?

It might also be a good idea to register another account exclusively for this game. That way, you won't both get clogged PM boxes. :)

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Or maybe we could handle it completely differently as we're EoFF and we're so cool. Maybe have each candidate draw another candidate out of a hat and then they have to talk about how great their candidate is, kinda like a secret santa of sorts. Then we vote on who makes the best speech about their candidate.

Or something different in general. Since it's a new world why not get creative with how the leaders are picked?

Rye
07-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Or maybe we could handle it completely differently as we're EoFF and we're so cool. Maybe have each candidate draw another candidate out of a hat and then they have to talk about how great their candidate is, kinda like a secret santa of sorts. Then we vote on who makes the best speech about their candidate.

Or something different in general. Since it's a new world why not get creative with how the leaders are picked?

That's really cool. I like your idea more than mine. :thumb:

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks. It doesn't have to be that idea, but I was thinking that we should have a creative way of electing people. The more creative it is the more people will be interested (hopefully).

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Rye: That's what the Propoganda bit is for. :)

1) Where shall we post travel/movements? Do we post in the thread of the region we are visiting, or the region we've left, or will there be a different system altogether?
For the opening stage, I'll make everything extremely clear as things progress. For the future, the only reason I'm blocking direct movements is because I don't want people just casually walking through a dictatorship. If you want to move from one nation to the next (and I don't just mean for a holiday :p), then you'll need to make sure you're taken off the 'population' of one nation and moved to the next. If you can reach the place by moving through ten different regions in a round-the-world manner, so be it, but I can't just let people walk over the borders. They'd get shot!

2) How will movements from settlement to settlement work (without crossing any regional boundaries)?
In a strict dictatorship, the leader will tell you where you live. xD In a nicer place, you can probably just ask the leader if you can buy a new area of land or something. Basically just moving house. I'll be asking all the leaders to detail specifics regarding this and if they don't respond to your requests then you can just organise a rebellion or something. :D Or, you know, I'll sort it out. :) But hopefully when we get to that stage the rules will be a bit more specific. I'm hoping free movement will be set up in a lot of places so no authorisation is required, that way I can respond to things myself.

3)Will we be able to affect the development of technology/magic ourselves (through obtaining a certain amount of resources, perhaps?) ,or will you and Proto determine how the technology of our world will evolve?
Yet to decide. =x

It might also be a good idea to register another account exclusively for this game. That way, you won't both get clogged PM boxes.
Nah, then you have the hassle of logging in and out all the time.

Because I want to get everyone in their regions asap. Chances are we'll have about a week or so while Proto and I sort out the map and regions and whatnot. Right now I'm just waiting for a few more people to apply for leadership. Voting is the easiest and fastest way to do things, though, because otherwise only five people might actually do a speech and then we're screwed. :p I might allow for more votes, though, so we can cover the full amount of regions.

Cz
07-27-2004, 06:17 PM
It's a medevil setting, right? In medevil times, leaders were chosen for performing feats of bravery and valour. Perhaps we could set up some sort of challenge?

Oh, and thanks for clearing those things up, BoB.

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 06:19 PM
It might also be a good idea to register another account exclusively for this game. That way, you won't both get clogged PM boxes.
Nah, then you have the hassle of logging in and out all the time.
Then how are we supposed to get second accounts nominated for Ciddies? :confused:

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 06:21 PM
I edited my post in response to why I'm using voting and not other things. This is just to pick the starting leaders, anyway. If you're good enough, you can just cause a rebellion and overthrow a ruler anyway. xD

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 06:24 PM
That works. If I'm ever a leader and my people hate me, I'll just put on a pair of big glasses and overthorw myself, and the people will never know it's me. Worked for Clark Kent(not knowing that he's superman).

crono_logical
07-27-2004, 06:24 PM
We can always increase the PM limit if it's needed anyway, I'm sure there's still plenty of server space :p

The Captain
07-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Wow, this has become quite the project!

Can anyone be voted on as a leader, or will it be restricted to only the folks who posted their states in the other thread, if I might ask?

Take care all.

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Only people who apply can be voted for. I'll have a massive list put up once we're ready.

The Captain
07-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Bob, how do you do it? Once the Ciddies finish, here you are with probably a more massive project. Amazing, truly amazing.

It's the things like this that make the world go round, and makes EoFF such a singularly wonderful forum.

Take care all.

Rase
07-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Bob, how do you do it? Once the Ciddies finish, here you are with probably a more massive project. Amazing, truly amazing.

It's the things like this that make the world go round, and makes EoFF such a singularly wonderful forum.

Take care all.

*Completly and absolutly agrees*

It's really quite amazing. You'd think this was your job and you were getting paid or something.

Anyway, this looks like it's going to shape up great. Congratulations and the best of luck to both you and Proto.

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 10:48 PM
BoB*

See, you guys say that, and everyone else thinks "Man, that guy must have no life..." :p

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I finished the draft map, pr00t's CGI'ing it up.

Flying Mullet
07-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Or we think both. :-p

Cz
07-27-2004, 10:57 PM
See, you guys say that, and everyone else thinks "Man, that guy must have no life..." :p

S'ok. Neither do we, so we can sympathise. :D

Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions, but what's the general tone of this going to be? Is it going to be completely serious, or will it have the occasional dash of humour?

Loony BoB
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
DanieLoony: I figured we can have our young explorers name the places. It'll be, er, uhm, interesting.
xDMano: Yes it would.
DanieLoony: A reflection of EoFF. *cough*

I hope that answers your question. >_> It will be serious so much as that people will have to follow the rules. However, not even on Earth is there a rule against humour, so I can't see why some people would hold back. Scarey thought, really. xD

EDIT: And I'd rather people ask questions, it helps us avoid future confusions/problems. Most of the time, anyway.

Cz
07-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Sounds about right. Deadly serious would get a bit dull, but 'Haha, eat my spam missile, nation of Bleyscrotchland!' wouldn't be too great either. Hopefully, we'll have a happy medium.

-N-
07-28-2004, 02:21 AM
Bleyscrotchland. Get it right.

Man, I liked the whole create a state in Eyesonia and stuff, but this is way too formalized and stuff for a guy like me with an outside life. Are we at least going to keep Eyesonia?

edit: I tried to make a thread about Metareason, Inc., but it denied me privileges. What's going on?

edit again: So I didn't read cl's announcement. Oops. :( I still want to make a thread.

Loony BoB
07-28-2004, 07:32 AM
Read CHAPTER THREE of the rules. And yeah, I know it's quite formalised, but if this was a free-for-all like Eyesonia was in pr00t's original thread, it wouldn't have earned a forum. Once the opening stage is over, we should be able to get things sorted out a bit better.

Baloki
07-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Damn you and your obsession with being all Medievil, I would offer to help but I'm already clueless :confused:

Loony BoB
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
For now, just concentrate on setting the world up and everything. The main idea is to develop the world so it has stuff like religion, governments, stuff like that. Politics are just part of developing a world and we don't want to make this world a picture of EoFF as it is now but a reflection of EoFF over time. That's why we're allowing for movements and whatnot. But yes, just concentrate on developing the world, especially if all of this confuses you. We don't have a war system set up yet so nobodies going to complicate things right from the start. It'd be pretty dumb anyway, the world is young and the people should get used to it before they run amuck.

Baloki
07-28-2004, 12:29 PM
It was more of a comment noticing obbsession and not insulting your choice as I understand the reasoning.

Nait
07-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Ok. This is... Cool.

Agent Proto
07-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Hmm. I think we should start off similar to Civilization. No one can claim a large land, but they'll have to settle in a settlement. Once more members join their nations. They can expand within the region they settled in. So, I think it'll be better to say that for each time a nation grows to three members, a new city can be built for nation expansion.

Cz
07-28-2004, 04:38 PM
That's a good idea. Since this place is being promoted as a 'new' world, it would make sense to have the borders/boundaries built from scratch.

Loony BoB
07-28-2004, 04:40 PM
I like that idea. Proto, can you make threads in this forum? If so, go for it, if not, bug clout. :)

Agent Proto
07-28-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm not going to start on that right now. I'll wait till everything is pretty much set to go.

-N-
07-29-2004, 02:50 AM
<b>SECTION J: Technology</b>
<ul><li>No aircraft can be used until further notice.
<li>Technology in this world is currently at a medieval stage.

*watches Metareason, Inc. crumble to dust* :(

Oh well. If I don't want to be a political leader (which I may be provided on how Jebusia fares here), can I be a corporate leader? That would be so freaking awesome. Then Metareason can provide crossbows and spears to everyone's armies, mass-produce food for the commoners, provide jobs for commoners... it would be way cool. Pretty please? :D

Proxy
07-29-2004, 03:56 AM
oh man, i hope i get elected as a leader...i have Aura Isle picked out already :(

Agent Proto
07-29-2004, 03:58 AM
I think technology in this world will advance fairly quickly. Depending on how long the forum stays, each month, the technology will advance. Maybe. I'll have to talk to BoB concerning technology.

-N-
07-29-2004, 07:52 AM
Well in the meantime, having a company that mass-produces food, shelter, and clothing would be just fine. Companies are allowed, then?

Agent Proto
07-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Well, there'll be limited trade, so it'll be hard to finance a company right in the beginning.

Proxy
07-29-2004, 04:03 PM
limited trade makes sense, no jets to transport items across the country. ie steven's land, i think, in the mountains is screwed for resources :P

Heath
08-06-2004, 03:00 PM
So judging from how trade is, right now having region 4, I'd only be able to trade with regions 1 and 5 for the time being?

Fate Fatale
10-28-2004, 04:25 AM
Is it possible to create a new nation now... I'd like to... If I can....

-Kyle