PDA

View Full Version : Valvalis

Giga Guess
07-27-2004, 07:04 PM
I have a friend who is struggling with her on FF4 on Chronicles. Are there any enemies in there that drop tents, softs, ethers, the like? Any tips? It's been ages since I played, so I was useless to him.

Storm
07-27-2004, 07:16 PM
If necessary, you can actually exit the Tower of Zot via the small transporter at the bottom of the tower. You cannot fly the airship anywhere, but at least you can enter Toria to grab a few items.

As for Valvalis. The fight is really all about timing. Make sure that Kain's jump hits Valvalis before you attack with Yang and Cid. Rosa and Cecil should be used to Cure and use Esuna on anybody who is becoming petrified. Also, note that when Valvalis is knocked out of her tornado by Kain she will hit someone for moderate damage. This usually kills a party member because typically your characters are sitting at less than 10 HP's.

It's not an easy fight. I struggled with it in the Chronicles version.

Giga Guess
07-27-2004, 07:32 PM
This helps. I will relay the info (For the record, it legitimately is a friend. If I wanted help, I'm not too proud to ask.)

UltimateSpamGrover
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I would help you, but I havent played FF4

Storm
07-28-2004, 04:02 PM
I would help you, but I havent played FF4

Please avoid posts like this that do not contribute to the topic at all.

DJZen
07-28-2004, 11:12 PM
I BELIEVE I recall hearing somewhere that Valvalis (ummmm.... Barbariccia?) could be attacked while in tornado mode on the PSX version. Can anyone verify this? If not, feel free to laugh at me.

Giga Guess
07-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Apparently, by the time I got this info to him, he already beat her. Thanks anyways.

AaronD
08-13-2004, 05:39 AM
i believe u can hit valvalis when she is in tornado, if my memory serves me right, which it usually doesnt, i;ve hit her while she was in tornado with cecil in the FF2 us version

Giga Guess
08-13-2004, 06:01 AM
I don't think it does much, and I believe she does a pretty brutal counter. I think.

Rase
08-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I think she counters with "Weak" or "Glare", which always hit.