PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on the character Paine and her voice?

Michiru
07-28-2004, 02:37 AM
Topic title says it all, I'm to lazy to tell you what I think, so, post away.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-28-2004, 02:50 AM
her voice matches her attitude, I dont think theres anything else to say

Squall and Rinoa
07-28-2004, 06:53 AM
I consider Paine to be the comic relief of the cast of characters. Whereas Yuna is a little more upbeat than the previous title, and Rikku is just as hyper as ever, it's no wonder they needed to add a somber voice to this cast. I love her look. It reminds me of a female Squall of FF8. Her voice matches her attitude, which could probably be best described as levelheaded and sincere. Hmm. I like her the most out of all 3 girls, I suppose. She's just interesting to me, that's all.

kikimm
07-28-2004, 08:48 AM
She's okay. I definitley don't hate her, but I wouldn't say that I love her character. I don't think she's too memorable (wait, that's a word, right?) as a FF character.

:D

Rainecloud
07-28-2004, 09:31 AM
I don't particularly like her face, her hair or her voice.

I'm not quite sure why, but her character really irritates me.

SeeDRankLou
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Paine is awesome!!!

But yeah, she does require the weird comic relief to this game. While most comic relief takes a serious situation and adds humor to it, this comic relief takes an upbeat and sometimes funny situation and add seriousness to it. I like her voice, and I like her character.

eternalshiva
07-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Paine seems to be the character that helps you refocus a little from the bright colors and giggles from the other girls ;p It's like *hyper spree!!11!1!* Paine: STFU, on with the mission! Makes me laugh xD

Her attitude is needed I think to give the game a bit more oomph and she's mysterious ^_^ I wanted to find out more about her.

Xander
07-28-2004, 09:44 PM
I like her a lot and I really liked her voice too I think it suited her perfectly. Plus I liked how over the game's course you got to know her more and learnt about her past and saw a happier side to her too. And come on they needed somebody to calm them down from getting too over-hyper. ^_^

black orb
07-29-2004, 04:01 AM
>>> Paine is the reason why I keep playing FF X-2 :love:..

Del Murder
08-01-2004, 04:42 AM
Paine was the best character in this game.

Giga Guess
08-05-2004, 03:03 AM
I really liked her. She's X-2's answer to Lulu, but with a bit more of a sense of humor. Well cast, IMO.

Dark Songstress
09-05-2004, 02:09 AM
she kinda serious, mean and quiet in the begining, but she kinder and lighten up a little later in the game. her voice matches her good, so i like Paine alot

Blank
09-05-2004, 05:15 PM
her voice does fit her perfectly, but it's the monotone i hate. im damn positive this game had less of a budget for voices than X had. that's why theres more reading and sometimes stuff just sucks and it's too bad money got in the way of a good game. Paine is cool and her attitudes cool and all that but sometimes i just get pissed off because the look of things and the sound of things dont match and it's awkward. and yeah, she is a Squall meets Lulu. haha i agree with that one. at the very beginning of the game i was sketchy about her character cuz she just pissed me off but now i do like her, it's just the way she has one friggin tone. ugh. i just look at it and think how she just barely didn't get paid enough to do a good job. not just her, there's other things that suck too audioly but im just talking about paine in this.

omnislasher
09-07-2004, 07:04 PM
am I the only one here who likes freaks? I think shes hot. If I was a video game character, I'd do her.

Giga Guess
09-08-2004, 12:02 AM
I loved when she told Yuna to tell the Al Bhed guy to "Take this tin can and shove it!" in Al Behd. And when Yuna said "Hey! He understood me!"

Yuripa007
09-09-2004, 04:18 AM
I think Paine was probably my favorite character. And I agree her voice does match her attitude very much. I even adopted her point system ^___^