PDA

View Full Version : When you are sick...

Shlup
07-28-2004, 07:08 AM
There's a lot of new threads today, but I wont be posting in them. Why? I'm sick. When I'm sick, I don't feel like posting. For some reason, I like to toruture myself by cleaning my room between bouts of pain. Most people would probably sit in front of the computer or lay in bed while sick, I guess. I do lay in bed a lot, but when I'm not I'm up cleaning things.

What do you do when you're sick?

(I'm not really sick tho, I just have terrible cramps.)

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-28-2004, 07:43 AM
When I'm sick I whine and bitch and moan and bitch and cry and bitch.

chichi
07-28-2004, 07:54 AM
When I'm sick I can't be bothered doing anything- I make my boyfriend look after me. I'll usually camp out in front of the TV and catch up on the soaps. But if its period pain I'll usually take a couple of nurofen plus and spend the next few hours doubled over in pain on the bed; there is no way I could clean my room! It's times like these that I really wish I still lived with my mum :cry:
I hope you feel better soon ShlupQuack :)

Polyonymous
07-28-2004, 07:54 AM
when im sick i would do exactly what i would normally do if i were to have to stay in the house all day, sleep, play FF, get on the internet, and sleep somemore. Its a good thing i dont get sick though or i wouldnt meet anybody in the real world.

Rainecloud
07-28-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm sick, too. I have a bad stomach bug of some sort.

When I'm sick, I watch movies and curl up in bed with hot drinks.

rydia1411
07-28-2004, 08:43 AM
I never get sick. It's been like two years since I last had a cold or anything. When I'm sick though I just lie wrapped up in blankets on the sofa and watch TV and have my hubby spoil me. :p

kikimm
07-28-2004, 08:54 AM
That depends how sick I am. If i'm still mobile, i'll definitley be on the computer, or playing video games. But if I'm really sick, then usually I just won't move at all, stay in bed and read. I tend to get very exhausted when I'm sick, so most of the time I'm asleep. Either that, or I'm complaining about sick. And threatening anyone who comes near me that they'll get sick if they touch the controller.

:D

o_O
07-28-2004, 09:37 AM
I have bronchitis. It isn't fun. I tend to sleep when I'm sick. A lot.
It doesn't put me in a mood where I don't feel like posting though. :p

SeeDRankLou
07-28-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm sick as well. I have conjuctivitus though, so it's not really instabilitating, I just can't be around people. Lucky my roommate is out of town.

When I'm sick, I just sleep, that's all I feel like doing. So I sleep or lie in bed trying to sleep, watching TV or playing video games or something.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Drink your Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup

Jebus
07-28-2004, 10:39 AM
My plans don't change when I'm sick. I sleep all day and play video games. The only difference is that I usually have a headache/migraine of sorts that makes it hard to concentrate.

sephxangel
07-28-2004, 11:00 AM
I mainly just sleep. But it really depends on how sick i am. If I have cramps, then i have to take about 4 to 6 advil or tylenol with Codein to get rid of the pain. But after that i'm fine. But if i have the flu or something like that I will lay around and sleep all day.

Breine
07-28-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm really just sick when I'm sick... I don't do much... just lie around and moan :D

Cloud_99
07-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I sleep alot. And when I'm awake I play videogames lying on my side. But when I'm sick I take alot of drugs and pass out... and play videogames... it's difficult to tell when I'm sick. :D

Rusty
07-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I usually try and rest, whether its in my bed or out in the sun, eat healthy stuff, take medicine and read. But if there cramps, hot water bottles, stretching, hot drinks, nurofen, evening primrose oil tablets and avoiding people who I dont want to talk to at the time usually works :)

SomethingBig
07-28-2004, 03:41 PM
I never get sick. I haven't been sick for 4 strong years. I've had headaches, now and then, but they never stopped me from going to school, no sir. The last sickness I had was probably the flu. I moaned and groaned like crazy. Actually, just this year, I woke up because my stomach was aching like crazy. It was the most painful thing I've ever felt and I was moaning quite loudly. I had to stay home from school that dya. :cry:

m4tt
07-28-2004, 03:54 PM
When I'm sick I lay in bed and play on my ps2. Last year when I had the flu for a week, I started a new game in Kingdom Hearts and beat it all while I was sick.

I'll watch movies too. A few weeks ago, when I had some kind of infection, I watched all three LoTR movies in one day.

fire_of_avalon
07-28-2004, 03:54 PM
I had strep throat for the first time ever back in October, and I think that's the sickest I've ever been. I was very cranky and hated people touching me at all.

Storm
07-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Whenever I have the flu, I try to force myself to throw up so I can have that beautiful 15 minute span where you no longer feel like vomiting.

Also, I eat lots of soda crackers and drink Ginger Ale.

escobert
07-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I just lay around and watch the history channel or post on here.

Psychotic
07-28-2004, 05:14 PM
I usually read or sleep or watch daytime TV. It's good. I like being sick. *freak* :D

Giga Guess
07-28-2004, 05:17 PM
When I'm sick, I sleep. A LOT. Helps me recover pretty quickly, though.

Logan
07-28-2004, 06:02 PM
If I have really bad cramps, I sit on the couch and whine a lot and pop Midol. If I'm any other kind of sick, I go online or watch TV.

Freya
07-28-2004, 06:09 PM
I never get sick. It's been like two years since I last had a cold or anything.
Famous last words.
when im sick even if im not that sick i try to get out of school but anywho i just lay around and moan.

Sacred Phoenix
07-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, i just pretty much bitch and complain, and when i'm not doing that i'm sleeping.

escobert
07-28-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm always sick. I'm sick atleast 9-10 months a year.

Del Murder
07-29-2004, 01:50 AM
I don't get sick.

Lindy
07-29-2004, 02:18 AM
I don't get sick, I get hangovers.

-N-
07-29-2004, 02:35 AM
I don't get sick, I get hangovers.
:beer:

nik0tine
07-29-2004, 02:56 AM
when i get sick i stay home from school and suffer at home.

bennator
07-29-2004, 03:03 AM
The last time I was sick, I spent most of a week on the toilet.

chu52
07-29-2004, 03:04 AM
Whe I am sick I'm usually dating, every time I start dating someone new I get a horrible cold, one girl almost sent me to the hospitial with that cold...

Proxy
07-29-2004, 04:08 AM
my normal routine...sleep, eat, PC, eat, PC, eat, TV/PC, PS2, Sleep, repeat.

-edit- throw in the odd work there too

Dixie
07-29-2004, 04:26 AM
I get up at three in the morning, throw up. And then I sleep all day. Then I take Pepto Bismol. The end.

zacks_clone
07-29-2004, 04:29 AM
When I'm sick I whine and bitch and moan and bitch and cry and bitch.

yup

Yamaneko
07-29-2004, 06:00 AM
I go about my daily life. Sleep.

Mahal Kita
07-29-2004, 08:50 AM
I stay home if I can't sit through it at school. Usually I don't get sick but nausea can keep me home, all right. I tend to whine. I take regular doses of medicine and lay down; all doped out on the medicine and slip into the legal, temporary nirvana/transient bliss it provides and maybe fall asleep. If I'm well enough, I watch TV, sit on the computer, play video games, etc etc.

Oh, and if I have really bad cramps I can do all of the above or do things that I've read that help cramps. Exercise, if I can actually stand up. X_x But sometimes it's just lying around with Midol. Oh, and plenty of complaining and moodiness usually follows, so I spoil myself. ;x Or else I go mad.