PDA

View Full Version : Religions and Theories

Loony BoB
07-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Okay, so when people of five different worlds all magically get warped into a new world, they have to start to wonder and some will undoubtedly come up with religions and theories regarding how all this happened. They might adjust previouis religions or they might make up new ones based on this world.

Feel free to come up with ideas over what caused this. Proto and I won't tell you if any are "right" or "wrong" and you may, much like in this world, never know for sure (at least, we haven't planned a set and solid God-system yet).

Please note that just because you involve Gods in your religion doesn't mean that you'll be able to have those Gods instantly become realities. You can create the religion, but not the God(s), if you know what I mean.

Nait
07-28-2004, 01:49 PM
And so the Single World came to us,
On wings of fire, in destruction wrought,
A new earth created from the ashes of bones,
We created in the old world by our own,
And why our spirits would in their unrest,
Repent and seek out the gods,
Who would show us the way of the beginning,
Of a new world devoid is sin.

Cz
07-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Basically, the current worlds of each creature were failing. Either important resources were running out, some kind of natural disaster had occured/was approaching, or the sun was about to explode. Whatever happens, the worlds were dying.

Suddenly, a benevolent god decided, as all loving and merciful gods do, to save the races by transporting them to the EoFFworld. The planet was especially created to harbour life, and had regions suitable for all. Using his mystical powers, this god (who I'll name Alathan, but could be given different names by different races) sealed the five worlds in time, and transported their inhabitants to the EoFFworld.

That would be a pretty standard viewpoint. More unusual or extreme beliefs might be more interesting.

Nait
07-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Listen to them wail at the minarets,
"Welcome to hell, newborn believers!"
"For if this is not hell, what is?"
Where are the songs of the thousand spirits?
Where are the nectars of the glorious past?
Where are the rivers of the purest water,
And where are the singing minarets of the Gods?
We have been deceived, we have been deceived,
For who has not sinned, if not us?
The Gods who have sinned have done against us,
In this hell the have entrapped us, from our divine right,
To sleep upon the bossom of Amari,
And gaze upon the highest Zhemrelln,
Not rot in this desert for all eternity,
As the slaves of those inferior to us.

Loony BoB
07-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Oh, <i>crap</i>. I just realised I hadn't posted the background story type bit. Vital info for this thread. Hold yer horses, I'll get it done now. It's nothing too amazing but yeah, I just read Czanthor's post and went "but... ohhh, you don't know."

Nait
07-28-2004, 03:01 PM
I was kinda WONDERING when you'd realise. :D

Cz
07-28-2004, 03:05 PM
You mean those three minutes of writing were all for nothing!? This is an outrage! :D

Nait
07-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Outrage is too mild a word. This is a SCANDAL! :D

Flying Mullet
07-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Along with this can we make up legends and myths that are widely believed in, but not necessarily religious?

Loony BoB
07-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Sure thing. You can create old wive's tales or anything. Just read the background thingy I wrote up and then have yourself some fun on what some people might think up.

Flying Mullet
07-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Religion/theory question part of a post here too: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=832344#post832344

-N-
07-29-2004, 03:07 AM
*imports Zen* :D

Ruby_Dragon
10-31-2004, 11:10 AM
How's this? The peoples were warped into the world by their gods because they completely stuffed up their home world. The greenhouse effect etc. the old gods burnt themselves out saving their peoples, so new ones were born from the collective memory of humanity or whatever. I have a sort of theology going, but Bahumat won't let me get it off the ground.Yet. :mad: I can come up with a prehistory for one of the races if you can give me some info. Like what 'people'. If you want. I have nothing else better to do. :D

Bahumat
11-04-2004, 07:34 AM
i'll second that. lol.
*sees the fire in Ruby's eyes and runs for cover*