PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Fantasy Football.

Doc Sark
07-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Would anyone be interested in playing in a Fantasy Football league for the upcoming English Premiership. I imagine there won't be much interest on this site but if we can get 5 or 6 of us it'd be worth doing. Anyway if you're up for it post here and then I will sort it out. It will either be on sportinglife or yahoo.

Cz
07-28-2004, 03:11 PM
I normally fail miserably at these types of things, but I'd be happy to give it a go.

The Captain
07-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Sure, why not?

Take care all.

Del Murder
07-30-2004, 02:53 AM
It's only fair to sticky this as well, since soccer is just as much a sport as the other ones we play. I won't be participating, though.

Burtsplurt
07-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Yep, I'll play. That other Fantasy Football thread always has me hopeful, until I remember what it's about.

gokufusionss1
07-30-2004, 11:50 AM
in im

Skogs
08-01-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm in - if I'm around, that is. I'm on holiday at the moment so I'll be checking these forums sporadically.

Doc Sark
08-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Wow I didn't expect a Sticky tag!!!

Ok I will sort out it all out tomorrow morning and let you know the details etc. Thanks for showing an interest people!

Hey Captain this will give you an added incentive to keep up with English Football. I recommend signing up to SkySports highlights centre at www.skysports.com if you wanna see game highlights.

EDIT: I got carried away and I have set the league up already. If everyone logs on to http://www.fantasy-manager.co.uk . Once you are there register your team, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail with an activation code etc. Once your account (which is free by the way) is activated, go to mini-league admin on the side bar. Select the "I want to join a mini-leagu option" from the drop down bar. Then at the prompt type the league name..."The EOFF League of Leagues", and then the password "beerbeerbeer". You will now be competing for the coveted title of EOFF Fantasy Football King!!! You got til next Friday to pick a team so there is no great rush!

Hope you all enjoy it.

Burtsplurt
08-02-2004, 08:47 PM
I registered my team, but I can't seem to join the EoFF league, Doc. Are the password and league name definitely correct?

Cz
08-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Cool, I'll register some time <strike>today</strike> soon. (Yes, I'm lazy.)

Thanks, Doc Sark. :)

Heath
08-03-2004, 12:47 PM
I think I'll join, but being the biased thing I am, I might end up picking a load of Everton players which would lead to my downfall :p

gokufusionss1
08-03-2004, 04:29 PM
check the mini leauge title and password doc.

The Captain
08-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes, I'm having the same problem. It says the league and password are incorrect.

Take care all.

Az Lionheart
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
i'd join :D

Doc Sark
08-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Sorry guys, small oversight on my part.

The league name is "The EOFF League of Leagues!" I forgot to put the exclamation mark on it before. Don't forget the "!" or it won't work. My fault everyone. Should work fine now, the password is still "beerbeerbeer".

Heath, we are mortal enemies!!! Liverpool fan here! ;)

Burtsplurt
08-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Ah, that's better. I'm registered under 'The Mighty Sucks' and have a rather unfortunate liking for Middlesbrough players.

gokufusionss1
08-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Sorry guys, small oversight on my part.

The league name is "The EOFF League of Leagues!" I forgot to put the exclamation mark on it before. Don't forget the "!" or it won't work. My fault everyone. Should work fine now, the password is still "beerbeerbeer".

Heath, we are mortal enemies!!! Liverpool fan here! ;)

Death to the toffes.....well no not death, severe beatings to everton.

i'm on as the blandford sparrowhawks but the "S" wouldn't fit so i looks a bit stupid.

The Captain
08-09-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm in, but will still have to pick a full team.

Take care all.

Skogs
08-09-2004, 06:29 AM
FC Skogs has been entered, with a fair few Aussies, funnily enough. I had to drop Thierry Henry for Michael Owen so I wasn't stuck with the cheapest defenders in the Premiership.

Why am I the only person so far not to have Steve Bruce as coach?

Doc Sark
08-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Cause Brucey is fairly cheap and a damn good manager, it was either him or Alan Curbishley and he is just too damn boring! I did notice your entourage of aussies!!!! Is Emerton fit?

Az Lionheart
08-10-2004, 08:49 PM
i cant find the mini league option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Sark
08-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Its under mini-league admin mate.

How good was Steven Gerrard last night against AK Graz. Gutted he didn't get a hat-trick cause the disallowed goal was a beauty! Glad he's in my team!

Az Lionheart
08-11-2004, 09:48 AM
i am being retarded cos i still cant see the dam thing.........could you get a screen shot of it.....is it on the home page of the link you provided above?

Skogs
08-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Ooo... I'll have to look into Emerton. Owen's rumoured to be on his way out of Liverpool so I might have to look into replacing him. I noticed someone had Solskjaer on their team, but he's probably out injured for the season. Just thought you should know.

And to get to Mini League Admin, you click on 'League' on the main bar - where it says Home - Team - League - Stats. Mini-league admin then appears on the left sidebar.

Az Lionheart
08-11-2004, 10:37 AM
YAY i have found it.
but when i type in
The EOFF League of Leagues and beerbeerbeer
it says that they are both wrong.

Skogs
08-11-2004, 10:47 AM
It's |"The EoFF League of Leagues!". Don't forget the exclamation mark. ;)

Az Lionheart
08-11-2004, 10:52 AM
yay i am in thanx. whats your teams?

Cz
08-11-2004, 12:15 PM
My team, AFC Underdogs, is as bland and mainstream as they come. I'm playing safe for the time being, but I'll try to be more interesting as the year progresses. :)

Az Lionheart
08-11-2004, 01:06 PM
i have the worst manager in the league........

Skogs
08-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Well, Ian Dowie did take Palace from fourth-bottom of the 1st division to the Premiership, so if it were based on managerial ability I'd say he's one of the best. However, you only get points from the manager if the team he manages does well - unlikely for Palace, to be completely honest.

Doc Sark
08-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Yeah Palace are my tip to for the drop, I can't remember the last time they had a good Premiership season. Also I reckon Everton's time is up, the signings they have made this summer are cack.

P.S. Who are Bods Solids?

Skogs
08-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Don't forget you have to submit your team before it gets any points. It came up as a new option now that the game is about to start.

Good thing I got rid of Owen...

Az Lionheart
08-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah Palace are my tip to for the drop, I can't remember the last time they had a good Premiership season. Also I reckon Everton's time is up, the signings they have made this summer are cack.

they are my mate theam and he is a member of EoFF and a big fan of FF. i tld him to join so we had more peeps in the league. try and get two more people to join(if we can at this stage) cos when we get to ten we will enter the mini league, league of leagues...........YAY I AM 5TH

Burtsplurt
08-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Ah, I'm bottom. :love:

Does anyone know how they work out points? I assume it's the same way as the Daily Telegraph's fantasy football, but it's probably different.

Cz
08-15-2004, 12:29 PM
The 'Game Rules' page explains the scoring system.

Today's games will doubtless have a big impact on our League. I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out. :)

Skogs
08-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Boo hiss. Man U lost and I have two of their defenders. At least two of my players didn't even get a game... :mad2:

gokufusionss1
08-16-2004, 08:40 AM
yay 2nd
if benetiez had played kirkland like he should i would be top.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey, how do i sign up? i think i,ll stick with MAN U for now, even though they have gone really crap of late. may have 2 switch to the Arsenal though... :cool:

Doc Sark
08-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Just follow the instructions in the first page of the thread. You will have to play catch up but it shouldn't make too much difference at this stage in the season.

Its all aobut Jay Jay Okocha this season, he's gonna electrify the Premier League again! I'm third!!! I'm coming for you Czanthor!!!!

gokufusionss1
08-22-2004, 06:09 PM
i'm the leader, hey are we going to have a prize of this thing at the end of the season.

Skogs
08-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Bloody useless bloody Mark Schwarzer. Why the heck aren't Rooney and Viduka getting a game???

gokufusionss1
08-23-2004, 10:10 AM
rooneys injured and sleeping with old women in PVC suits and mark vidukas crap (only joking also injured)

Az Lionheart
08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
yay i am 2nd/3rd but cant remember which

Doc Sark
08-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Actually Mark Viduka is suspended following his dismissals at the end of last season. He should start the game tomorrow.

Psychotic
08-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Ahhhh! I can't believe I missed this! Is it too late to join? :o

EDIT: I joined anyway :cool:

Burtsplurt
08-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Why, oh why did I decide to take Middlesbrough players to form my defence and goalkeeper?

I feel a few transfers looming. ;)

Psychotic
08-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Its all aobut Jay Jay Okocha this season, he's gonna electrify the Premier League again!

Haha, I picked my team before reading that, and Okocha was one of my first picks :cool:

Doc Sark
08-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I am falling in love with Jay Jay Okocha. It's a football love. I love you Jay Jay.

Skogs
08-25-2004, 10:45 AM
I dunno how long Rooney's out for so I swapped him for Eidur Gudjohnsson. I also booted Hayden Foxe for Matthew Upson. Hopefully that'll help things along a bit.

Resha
08-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Ahhhh! I can't believe I missed this! Is it too late to join? :o

EDIT: I joined anyway :cool:

Lol, I just joined as well. :p I did all of you a favour by joining; you guys don't need to worry about being at the bottom of the table anymore. :cry: I squandered all my money, so I had to buy really bad defenders and midfielders. :greenie: Oh well, lol.

Cz
08-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Just out of interest, who owns each of the new teams?

gokufusionss1
08-29-2004, 06:16 PM
i am the blandford sparowhawks who aren't as crap as liverpool fc

Psychotic
08-29-2004, 08:17 PM
If they're so crap, how come you have three of their players in your team? :rolleyes2

I am Walrus FC. And I'm closing the gap made by the opening games. It was about 50 points, now it's 20 or something. Look out Football Tourists, here I come! :greenie:

Skogs
08-31-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm FC Skogs, funnily enough. Ledley King's turned out pretty handy - and my Man U defenders got a useful boost from the clean sheet against Everton.

Resha
09-01-2004, 01:43 PM
I am The Hippotos. Everyone's injured. Almost everyone. I have no MONEY!!! How do you get money in this thingy?!?! :shame:

Jack
09-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Bugger, missed out. Can I still join, but like really late? Give me some points or something...

Cz
09-02-2004, 03:59 PM
You can join at any time, but I'm afraid you'll have to start from scratch. Still, if you pick a good enough team then you could catch up in no time. There's still 90% of the season left, folks! :)

Skogs
09-02-2004, 06:04 PM
If you're strapped for cash, sell your expensive players and buy cheaper ones!

Az Lionheart
09-02-2004, 08:42 PM
skogs......az's army will come top

Skogs
09-02-2004, 08:46 PM
True fact? It's early days yet... 40 points is nothing in this game...

Az Lionheart
09-02-2004, 08:50 PM
true.....you and i are ripping it up tho...........lol.............. :p

Cz
09-03-2004, 04:52 PM
You guys seem to be forgetting who's top of the table. :D

gokufusionss1
09-03-2004, 05:09 PM
damn it, seems my stint at the top is a short lived as my success with yeovil on champ manager.

Az Lionheart
09-03-2004, 07:53 PM
i am not to far behind mate....no games this weekend due to internationals...........

Resha
09-06-2004, 03:56 PM
If you're strapped for cash, sell your expensive players and buy cheaper ones!

*splutters* Uh but uhg if I sell my good players, my team will be like...relegated. Into Divison 2!!!! Pffft. Lemme go check on my position...

Skogs
09-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Egad. I used my two transfers for the month and the day after that, Gary Neville goes and gets injured. Go figure.

:mad:

Heath
09-19-2004, 08:38 PM

I'm sorry Mr. Liverpool fan, please point out what position Everton are currently in :p

Psychotic
09-21-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm sorry Mr. Liverpool fan, please point out what position Everton are currently in :p

And what good players, besides Tim Cahill, do your precious Everton have?

Duncan Ferguson and Kevin Campbell? Puh-lease :laugh:

Seriously, the Premiership table only gets accurate in about January, not after 6 games :)

Heath
09-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I know, I know. Just annoying you folks after a nice start.

Also a note about January. Transfer window is open again then, and we do have a lovely bit of money to spend on players after Rooney went. I've been wanting him to leave since the England Vs. Portugal game (wrote about it in my LJ) so Everton could buy mroe players.

gokufusionss1
09-22-2004, 05:08 PM
i hate to break this to you, you only have 10 million you can barely afford danny murphy with that kind of cash

Cz
09-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Why would they want him? He hasn't performed well for Charlton so far.

By the way, does anyone know how well our group is doing in the League of Leagues? Not particularly well, I'd guess. But it's nice to know.

Psychotic
09-22-2004, 07:24 PM
I think it's funny that most people in our league have Steven Gerrard, and now he's injured. And I've ran out of transfers :whimper:

I think I'll replace him with Luis Garcia. And I want to replace Joey Barton with Patrik Berger but I don't have the £££ :whimper: :whimper: :whimper:

Skogs
09-23-2004, 11:51 AM
When I get my next months' transfers I'll probably drop the injured Gary Neville for Ledley King (once Tottenham's nightmare fixtures are over) and use the extra cash to buy a decent midfielder to replace Emerton - probably Thomas Graveson, Tim Cahill or Gavin McCann. Depends which team has the easier fixtures for that next month.

Doc Sark
09-24-2004, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry Mr. Liverpool fan, please point out what position Everton are currently in

Haha! I'm totally eating my words aren't I? i take it back. There's no way Everton are going down this season, it looks like its gonna be a scrap between the promoted sides with Blackburn and Fulham getting sucked in, though with Hughes arriving at Blackburn and Steed Malbranque back for Fulham they could well get out of it then Charlton will have to watch their backs.

Seriously though if Everton keep churning out performances like they have (Carling Cup wobbles aside), and Gravesen keeps playing like Zidane then Everton will be fine. Bent actually looks like a half decent signing, I am shocked!!!!!! £10 million quid will goes a long way at the moment, January will be interesting for you lot.

Psychotic
09-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Haha, Liverpool had a great game against Norwich at the weekend! It's a pity that I haven't bought Garcia yet :\

Still, Ashley Cole scored (Well, I read that "Cole" scored so unless Joe or Andy or Carlton now play for Arsenal...:p) and he's on my team, so w00tage!

Doc Sark
09-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Cole had a great game. Andy Cole used to play for Arsenal, but now he has sunk to the depths of Fulham. Oh how the mighty have fallen, Champions League Winner to Relegation Scrapper. How many chances do you need to score you useless second rate has been?

.....sorry. Went off on one there.

Yes that's AWESOME! Liverpool were AWESOME!!! YES!!!! Now, if we can do that against Olympiakos midweek and Chelsea at the Weekend i will be really bloody happy.

...............Everton won again..........?
...............Cahill scored again..........?
...............The top 5 includes Everton and Bolton..........?
..............Have we entered a weird Premiership twilight zone....?

Heath
09-27-2004, 05:50 PM
...............Everton won again..........?
...............Cahill scored again..........?
...............The top 5 includes Everton and Bolton..........?
..............Have we entered a weird Premiership twilight zone....?

Oh shush. We all know Everton are good at winning 1-0!

gokufusionss1
09-27-2004, 06:45 PM
and at losing 3-0

Cz
09-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Sam Allardyce has worked absolute wonders with Bolton. It's great to see them doing so well.

Az Lionheart
09-27-2004, 07:22 PM
agrred he has done really well......

Doc Sark
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
He has an amazing knack of taking players practically at the end of their career and giving them a new lease of life. Ferdinand, Djorkaeff, Campo, Hierro etc, however in the long run he needs to invest in younger talent now Bolton have firmly established themselves in the Premiership. Players like Nicky Hunt and Johnathan Walters appear to be the way forward for them becasue in fairness, aging players are only a short term solution to a long term problem.

Az Lionheart
10-02-2004, 01:04 PM
yay time to sing new people.......out with robert and beoateng and in with okotcha carlsy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cz
10-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Damn, I can't sign in to find out my score. Anyone else having this problem?

Doc Sark
10-03-2004, 06:27 PM
No I but I noticed they have changed the front site.

Dude if it's any consolation you're winning by miles and 326th in the overall competetion. Pretty Impressive stuff I must say.

Okocha needs a slap, 34 mins in 2 games he's mustered and I stupidly put Gary Speed in this week. Yay! Looks below.

You don't look so far behind me anymore!

Psychotic
10-03-2004, 07:11 PM
I just replaced Okocha and the injured Gerrard with Berger and Lampard, so that should be OK.

And I overtook the Football Tourists, despite starting a game after! *proud* :)

Cz
10-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Poor old Devin... :(

Skogs
10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Crappity crap - Viduka and Cahill are injured, hopefully not for long. At least it's an international break this week so they'll have some time to recover.

Bringing backy King was a good move, though.

Still languishing, though. :cry:

Doc Sark
10-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Haha poor old Cahill!

Redknapp has booked him a hospital appointment. He hasn't had much luck so far in the Premiership bless him. Sent off for basically nothing, and then fouled horrifically by Jamie Redknapp, who is renowned for being one of the fairest players in the game! Funny old world!

Hope it's not serious....*sniggers at Everton*

gokufusionss1
10-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Haha poor old Cahill!

Redknapp has booked him a hospital appointment. He hasn't had much luck so far in the Premiership bless him. Sent off for basically nothing, and then fouled horrifically by Jamie Redknapp, who is renowned for being one of the fairest players in the game! Funny old world!

Hope it's not serious....*sniggers at Everton*

we as liverpool fans are in no place to snigger at anyone, even mice!

Doc Sark
10-04-2004, 06:52 PM
That's the spirit.

It will pick up don't worry. We just gotta find the balance. Last season our problem was the total opposite, we had difficulties at home but were fine away from home. Bear in mind our home record is better than Arsenal's. Won't be for long no doubt but still. Once we start picking up points away from home it will fine. We got Man Utd and Chelsea out of the way and yeah we didn't get anything from them but now we can concentrate on beating the weaker sides....fulham next week, everton soon, and putting them back in their rightful place.

Below Liverpool!

Heath
10-04-2004, 10:32 PM
That's the spirit! You can put Fulham below you. Goodness knows someone has to be.

*still finds it hilarious he can make comments like this*

Doc Sark
10-05-2004, 02:42 PM
:p You're loving this aren't you!!! Not often Everton fans get to lord it over Liverpool fans. Best start since 1977 or something like that. Anyway it won't last, it can't last, Parmarot has started the beginning of the big fall.

*looks at his predictions of relegation for Everton at the beginning of the season.*

Then again I could be wrong again. Surely not twice in one season?

gokufusionss1
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
we've got a game in hand, win that and we're fourth.

Doc Sark
10-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Indeed. Are we ever actually gonna get time to play that game in hand?

Mini-derby Oct 12th. Liverpool Reserves vs Everton Reserves. A preview of things to come.

Az Lionheart
10-07-2004, 04:21 PM
No I but I noticed they have changed the front site.

Dude if it's any consolation you're winning by miles and 326th in the overall competetion. Pretty Impressive stuff I must say.

Okocha needs a slap, 34 mins in 2 games he's mustered and I stupidly put Gary Speed in this week. Yay! Looks below.

You don't look so far behind me anymore!
i would not say he is miles a head i am not to far behind in 2nd......(am i stil in 2nd?)
*runs off to have a look*

Resha
10-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Pfft. Arsenal fans like me can't say much. :greenie:

gokufusionss1
10-08-2004, 04:47 PM
arsenal fans are banned

Cz
10-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Such divisions. Can't we all just unite against the Welsh for one day? :p

Heath
10-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Living in Wales, and having my girlfriend go to a Welsh first-language school, I consider every day a fight against the Welsh!

Just kidding, but really, we won 2-0, and that's all that matters. Though I do wish my girlfriend went to my school...

Resha
10-09-2004, 05:39 PM
arsenal fans are banned

EVILLLLLL! No they're not. :p Anyhows, I'm hopelessly doomed to a well-won last place in the Fantasy Manager thing. MONEY SPEAKS, 0 POUNDS DOES NOT. 'Nuff said.

Az Lionheart
10-13-2004, 08:55 PM
come on you reds...............

gokufusionss1
10-16-2004, 04:21 PM
not premership news
but i'd thought i'd tell you i got promoted to my saturday team A-team, we lost i got tanked. don't think i'll be in the a-team for long.

Az Lionheart
10-16-2004, 05:47 PM
^ lol unlucky mate

Cz
10-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I suppose I'll lose ground today, as none of my players were particularly outstanding. I knew I should've picked Robert Pires. :)

Psychotic
10-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Dear Czanthor,

Transfers.

Love, kisses and hugs,

Your cuddle-bunny, Psy. :love:

Cz
10-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Psy,

Robert Pires is bloody expensive.

Yeah. :p

Doc Sark
10-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Did anyone else see Igor Biscan tuck away an absolute beauty? Or am i going crazy?

gokufusionss1
10-18-2004, 04:21 PM
it wasn't igor biscan it was some kind of alien parisite controling his body, evidence
1. he scored
2 he passed the ball well
3 he smiled
4 he didn't look like a lost ball boy when he came on the pitch.
I think we have our proof of aliens people.

Doc Sark
10-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Does this mean he'll start against Deportivo tomorrow. Part of me wants Alien Igor to play.

Az Lionheart
10-19-2004, 07:38 PM
you guys obviously love the premiership(so do i) well come talk about it here:
football chat uk (http://footballuk2.proboards32.com/index.cgi)

it is a faily new site with only about 80 or so members but give it a look and mabe even join.....

Doc Sark
10-21-2004, 12:43 PM
That's all well and good but when I tried to sign up I was told Administrators only were allowed to sign someone up.

Az Lionheart
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
hmmmmm i will talk to mike(admin) tomorrow at school then tell you when it is changed.........

Doc Sark
10-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Bonzer!

gokufusionss1
10-22-2004, 06:43 PM
doc you do realise now that since the kevin keegan avatar i now assume you suffer from an afro.

Az Lionheart
10-23-2004, 12:48 PM
it has all been sorted so go now.....and join

Doc Sark
10-24-2004, 11:51 PM
doc you do realise now that since the kevin keegan avatar i now assume you suffer from an afro.

I sometimes wish I did. I do suffer from Verbal Kevhorrea. Any excuse to mention Kev and praise him in any way possible is taken by me with extreme glee. I love the man, he is football through and through, when it comes to the beautiful game he wears his heart on his sleeve just like me! Did anyone see him on Match of the Day. He told the interviewer he was upset with the ref and wanted him to "think about what he has done, watch over his performance again and write him a letter of apology."

Brilliant. I love you Kev.

Goku. Do you have any tips on growing an afro?

Skogs
10-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I think my move for Eidur Gudjohnsson was inspired. It's resurgence time!

Psychotic
10-25-2004, 05:52 PM
It's a perm, not an afro. AND THANK THE HEAVENS that Shaun W-P scored twice. And now all I need to do is wait for this month's transfers to be allowed for me *twitch*

gokufusionss1
10-31-2004, 02:15 PM
did anyone see cisse break his leg, i did the lower leg swung all over the place.

Doc Sark
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Seeing it made me want to cry. Seeing us concede 2 to Blackburn made me want to cry. Seeing Josemi consistently stitched up by Brett bloody Emerton made me want to cry. The leg breaking upset me the most though, it was nasty and horrible and his shin ended up at a 45 degree angle from his foot. Won't be seeing him again til august. RIP Cisse's Season.

Doc Sark
12-01-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm quite disturbed!

I was hoping we would have more replies on this thread than the American Football thread. We're slacking people!!! There must be some pressing issue waiting to be discussed!

Like me going 3rd!!! Whooompf! Equal points to Czech Republic this month but still a long way off the pace!

Cz
12-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Well, there's not too much to talk about right now, but I guess this thread could be used to discuss football in general, as well. Perhaps it'll get the thread a little more attention.

Of course, the lack of chat is partly my fault, but I did lose a little bit of ground last month, and my Arsenal-heavy side is beginning to falter. With the transfers updated this morning I'm expecting some heavy activity over the coming weeks. I've already made my two, so I'm hoping everyone else will follow suit and improve their squads over the coming month.

Doc Sark
12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Lose a bit of ground??? Are you kidding. You're top by miles!

Cz
12-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Well, I lost a dozen or so points to second place last month, and considering there's still over half the season to go there's no reason to suggest that gap won't close even further.

Besides, all it takes is one good signing to turn a team's fortunes around. If someone is shrewd on the transfer market they could shoot up the table.

Doc Sark
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
True. I was finally able to get rid of Gronkjaer. Thanks to all the injuries in my team I've had to use my transfers to sort them out and have not been able to remove underperforming players. For the first time since the beginning I'm happy with my team.

gokufusionss1
12-04-2004, 08:05 PM
haven't checked my team for a while, i'm pretty sure i've got cisse and edu still in there but i've forgot my username and everything.

Cz
12-13-2004, 10:19 PM
What a fantastic day of football Sunday was. Not only did Arsenal and Chelsea provide some entertaining and engaging football, but Aston Villa were ritually humiliated at the hands of local rivals Birmingham. Hearing the Villa fans chant 'You're going down with the Baggies' mere seconds before going down through a horrendous Sorensen blunder was extremely satisfying.

I won't mention the other defensive mishap of the day. Suffice to say that I would gladly surrender my right arm to see Jose Mourinho so unhappy on a regular basis. Smug git. :)

Doc Sark
12-14-2004, 02:05 AM
He is a miserable git isn't he. When Chelsea equalised he should have been ecstatic but he pretended like it didn't affect him. As if. When you go one down at highbury you should be grateful for the equaliser. When you go 2-1 down thanks to a blatant Pires dive (AGAIN......!) you may have more license to me miserable. It was a very entertaining game and I feel Arsenal's flukey cheating 2nd goal was balanced out by Henry's glaring 2nd half miss. Fair result at the end of the day and an amazing game!

Cz
12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
It was a very entertaining game and I feel Arsenal's flukey cheating 2nd goal was balanced out by Henry's glaring 2nd half miss. It's only cheating if it's against the rules. :p

However, a glaring miss is a glaring miss, no matter which way you look at it.

Doc Sark
12-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I was referring to Pires' dive not the free kick, that was genius.

Cz
12-15-2004, 03:50 PM
I was referring to Pires' dive not the free kick, that was genius. Ah... :erm:

Carry on. :D

The Captain
12-16-2004, 04:58 AM
My goodness, my team is in the gutter. I've been trying to keep up, but it's not enough apparently. I'll continue to plug away as best I can.

Thanks for including this Yank, though he's clearly outmatched.

Take care all.

Cz
12-16-2004, 03:35 PM
You're not outmatched at all, it's just that you haven't got access to the same kind of football coverage that we're used to, so you're at somewhat of a disadvantage. The occasional team tweak wouldn't go amiss, however, so take a look at the performances of your rivals' best players and see if you can sign one or two for your team. :)

Doc Sark
12-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Its all about getting either Gerrard or Lampard in your midfield. Ideally both!

Cz
12-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Yesterday was one of the worst days of football imaginable. Emphatic victories for Chelsea, Spurs and Manchester United? Horrible. :yuck:

Skogs
12-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Suited my fantasy team, though. Even still. I'm still in a vicious dog-fight for 3rd/4th/5th.

Riise and Okocha will be my next players to be cut. Okocha lit up at the beginning of the season but is dead weight now. I don't know why I signed Riise. I must have been drinking or something...

Cz
12-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Or perhaps you predicted that he'd score twice sixteen hours after your above post. Good call, my friend. :thumb:

Skogs
12-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Hehe...

Still - it was against West Brom. Maybe I'll cut Kevin Nolan instead...

Burtsplurt
12-29-2004, 07:51 PM
God, the Mighty Sucks have actually had a decent time of it of late. I finally remembered to transfer Ugo Ehiogu, who was on a grand total of -1 point!

Skogs
12-30-2004, 02:12 AM
Indeed. Now its a vicious dogfight for 3rd/4th/5th/6th.

I'm still tempted to cut Riise. Even though he's rocketed in the space of two games from the worst performer of the month to the best performer of the month... it was still against West Brom.

EDIT:// Second best, now, thanks to Toure.

Doc Sark
01-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I love John Arne Riise. He is amazing. I love him so much it hurts. His form this season has been so much better than last year, still I wouldn't have him in my team on principle alone. He played most of last season in defence yet for some reason is billed as a midfielder. Though ironically it is his best position. Buzz off Harry your spot is taken.

EDIT: I just realised that in this FF League he is a defender. So everything I just said is crap. Oh well.

Skogs
01-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Yep. Riise stays. :love:

Latest dumbass trade: Nolan for Fabregas. Nolan scores and Fabregas gets a yellow card. :mad2:

gokufusionss1
01-06-2005, 02:21 PM
just checked my team for the first time ever.
Good news i have Kirkland, cisse and campbell in my team all out with long term injurys and sean davis who doesn't get a game.
and i'm still 6th

Doc Sark
02-04-2005, 02:22 PM
1. AFC Underdogs 1010
2. Azs army 845
3. The Mighty Sucks 811
4. FC Skogs 801
5. Whiglash Warriors 780
6. Walrus FC 733
7. The Blandford Sparrowhawk 717
8. Bods Solids:D 604
9. Brads team 598
10. Football Tourists 571
11. The Hippotos 500

The standings up til now. Well down Cz, first player to reach 1000, methinks this title race is as one sided as the Premiership.

Cz
02-04-2005, 05:02 PM
methinks this title race is as one sided as the Premiership.I know which lead I'd prefer. :D

Skogs
02-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I really need to check players' fitness before I trade. Stupid Alan Smith... and Toure is still being crap. :mad2:

Doc Sark
02-08-2005, 12:22 AM
www.physioroom.com has a injury table where you can see who is out. I understand it is verging on the obsessive that I visit this site but mweh...I like to be in the know.

gokufusionss1
02-08-2005, 01:02 AM
worry not doc physioroom is bookmarked on my IE.

Doc Sark
02-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks, it moments like this, when my streetwise persona comes into question online, I can always count on you to back me up.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 08:43 PM
meh i just saw the thread and popped along to see it, anything entertaining here?

Doc Sark
02-08-2005, 08:45 PM
You missed the boat I'm afraid. It's a fantasy football league we've been running all season. Sign up next season because I'd like to organise another one.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
alright then (man i got a headache im bored and dont tink is should be on the Pc but theres nout else to do) when will that be

Doc Sark
02-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Ummmm....well lets see now. Probably in August when the new football season starts and has started every year since as far back as I can remember. :rolleyes2

Az Lionheart
02-20-2005, 06:21 PM
w00t, Az's army =)

Resha
03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey, how badly am I losing?! :p

Skogs
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Crap, my Everton-heavy team is backfiring badly and I'm warily looking over my shoulder at Walrus FC.

:mad:

gokufusionss1
03-22-2005, 05:05 PM
when you walk through the storm hold your head up high.

Skogs
04-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Wha-hey! Go Lampary + Gudjohnsson!

Psychotic
04-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Crap, my Everton-heavy team is backfiring badly and I'm warily looking over my shoulder at Walrus FC.

:mad:20 point gap, I might just close it by the end of the season :p

Nod
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM

:mad:20 point gap, I might just close it by the end of the season :p

Walrus FC??!!! AWESOME!!! :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Skogs
05-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Scrap worrying about fifth, I'm eyeing third! Gap has close to 12 points between me and Az's lot!

<3 at Alan Smith, Roy Carrol and John O'Shea. All played 90 mins, kept a clean sheet and Smith poached a goal!

gokufusionss1
05-08-2005, 09:08 PM
well fuck that then.

Psychotic
05-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Final table:

1) AFC Underdogs - 1470 (Czech. Republic)
2) Azs army - 1268 (Az Lionheart)
3) The Mighty Sucks - 1244 (Burtsplurt)
4) FC Skogs - 1227 (Skogs)
5) Walrus FC - 1205 (Psychotic)
6) Whiglash Warriors - 1174 (Doc Sark?)
7) The Blandford Sparrowhawk - 1032 (gokufusionss1)
8) Bods Solids - 962 (Az's friend)
9) Brads team - 900 (aeris2001x2?)
10) Football Tourists - 853 (The Captain)
11) The Hippotos - 737 (Resha)

Congratulations, Czanthor...you scummy git. :p 5th, eh? Just like my beloved Liverpool.

It was a lot of fun, and hopefully we can do this again in August. :)

tomamar04
05-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Is it alright if I join next year?

Skogs
05-15-2005, 10:59 PM
It's been updated, since. The final final table...

1) AFC Underdogs - 1486 (Czech. Republic)
2) Azs army - 1280 (Az Lionheart)
3) The Mighty Sucks - 1265 (Burtsplurt)
4) FC Skogs - 1263 (Skogs)
5) Whiglash Warriors - 1216 (Doc Sark?)
6) Walrus FC - 1215 (Psychotic)
7) The Blandford Sparrowhawk - 1051 (gokufusionss1)
8) Bods Solids - 996 (Az's friend)
9) Brads team - 927 (aeris2001x2?)
10) Football Tourists - 880 (The Captain)
11) The Hippotos - 723 (Resha)

The Doc pipped Psychotic for fifth at the last minute. I was very close to clinching third.

Same again next season?

Psychotic
05-16-2005, 12:02 AM
CURSE YOU DOC SARK! I could have held my fifth place if I hadn't missed the first game or two. Well played, sir. One point. :laugh:

Doc Sark
05-16-2005, 04:48 PM
One point!! lol. To be honest I hadn't changed my team in two months!!!

So is everyone up for another league next season. I'll probably set up a Yahoo league this time, because they're much better, you can get rid of injured players and such like. I guess this thread can get unstickied now.

Congrats to Czech Republic, well played mate.

Heath
05-20-2005, 01:19 PM
I think I'd like to take part next year, if I have the time <3

Congrats to the winner and better luck next time to everyone else.