PDA

View Full Version : Paper Bag.

Meow
07-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Does it ever bother you to see truth support belief rather than belief support truth?

Ponder ponder.

:love:

escobert
07-29-2004, 06:59 AM
uhhh no.

Shlup
07-29-2004, 07:00 AM
We'll have none of this deep "ponder ponder" around here, Sir. *bans*

Honestly, I have no idea. No.

Meow
07-29-2004, 07:03 AM
You don't own space, so stop acting like you do!

Rainecloud
07-29-2004, 07:18 AM
It doesn't bother me at all, because I choose not to think about it.

If I thought about things like that all the time, I'd probably turn into a vegetable.

Amnesia Case
07-29-2004, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=Blanco Meow]Does it ever bother you to see truth support belief rather than belief support truth?

I'd like to pretend to know what youre talking about but I'm not even going to bother.

Psychotic
07-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Yes. It bothers me greatly. I sit at night crying about it.

No not really. I'd never considered it before this thread. I tried to think about it, then got bored and started thinking of monkeys dancing :greenie:

Baloki
07-29-2004, 04:44 PM
It depends really on which belief its supporting and how that truth was concived, sometimes truths are nothing but lies conscripted into general public opinion by the belief holding power mungers in the government offices.

fire_of_avalon
07-29-2004, 04:51 PM
You see belief support truth everyday. Other people refuse to acknowledge said truth, so it's validity as truth is questioned.

I have potatoes in a paper bag.

Meow
07-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Once i heard that potatoes actually held high office in the old Russian goverment and embarked on a huge political quest against Communism and simple starch.

This is what i'm talking about, people! That and UFOs. Some folks fear medicine because they prefer the faith healer placebo.

Del Murder
07-31-2004, 05:29 AM
Yes. Yes it does.

So I do my part by not thinking at all about it.

GrimmReaper
07-31-2004, 11:46 PM
I own what little space i occupy. :moomba:

and for the fact vs belief thing. The root of all problems accumulated from people, are the people themselves. If a question is not asked, it does not require an answer. That is not devoid the fact that there is a cause for a probable question. As to a belief for truth, or truth in your beliefs, That can only be determined by what we comprehend as truth. Truth is different for everyone, as we are brought up to understand different things, and have different beliefs.

so you ask me whether or not if it bothers me to see truth support belief rather than belief support truth; I'm going to tell you that's an irrelevant question.

-N-
07-31-2004, 11:57 PM
You title-abuser, you.

Yeah ATHF. :exdee:

Kami
08-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Leave me alone!!! *starts to cry*

Meow
08-01-2004, 01:22 AM
so you ask me whether or not if it bothers me to see truth support belief rather than belief support truth; I'm going to tell you that's an irrelevant question.

Suppose there is a market divided by two ideologies. Regardless of their school of thought, people acquire credit notes representative of trading ability (i.e., money). Now, one ideology encourages its people to cash in their currency, to make tangible good on the credit and know it has worth. The other, however, expects its people to retain their credit indefinitely with the idea that the credit itself bestows value and worth, and can even consider attempts to question the value or backing of the credit to be disrespectful or wrong.

For someone to honestly believe something, that something should have tangible, realistic proof. It seems strange to me that people filter the world through belief systems rather than tailor their beliefs to truth. To sit on unspent mental currency is not a sign of strength, but ignorance.

Proxy
08-01-2004, 02:19 AM
i'd rather see truth support belief

nik0tine
08-01-2004, 05:50 AM
if truth supports a belief, than the recipricol should prove to be true, correct?

Meow
08-01-2004, 06:06 AM
i committed a bit of poetic license.

By the former, i meant interpreting the objective world through a belief-based system: UFOs or pseudosciences or any number of things. By the latter, letting proven truths define belief, which in the objective world amounts to "let truth speak for itself."

Del Murder
08-01-2004, 06:50 AM
I believe what I see. And not even that sometimes.