PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go to San Francisco on Aug 5th and 6th for free?

Cid
07-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Here is an email I received from Electronic Arts:
<i>
Hi Sean:
My name is Brent Dady and I work for Electronic Arts on the upcoming The Lord of the Rings™ RPG, The Third Age™. I am helping to organize a Community Day on August 5th and 6th (a Thursday and Friday), here at our head quarters in the Bay Area. I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and to invite you to come out and visit us for a couple of really exciting days at no cost to you. That’s right, we’re offering to pay for you to come check out our game.
I check Eyes on FF daily and am really impressed with the following you have amassed. There is no doubt that many if not all fantasy fans are equally Lord of the Rings fans and likely have a profound interest in any games that are being developed around the series. Given that you run one of the top community and strategy web sites, we felt it would be of mutual interest to personally invite you to our Community Day. Eyes on FF is a very important site to us since we think it would be valuable to get your community more in touch with our game. And let’s be honest – we watch it because it is a site that our customers frequent and their (and your) feedback is invaluable to us.
More about the good stuff -- Community Day is really going to be a unique day for you to get an exclusive, up close and personal look at our game. It is safe to say we are putting a ton of effort (and money) behind producing a game that reaches into the upper echelon of production values and turn-based RPG gameplay. This is an RPG unlike anything you have ever experienced as it will fully immerse you in the world of Middle-earth™.
Please let me know if you are interested in attending this event, as it is by invitation only. If you decide that you would like to attend, please contact me at your soonest convenience so I can start arranging for your accommodations. I will in turn get back to you about everything you need to know – logistics surrounding your hotel, food, and travel accommodations, an agenda detailing the 2 days of activities we have scheduled for you to see our game and meet our developers, as well as some Middle-earth surprises and a ton of fun.
Regards,
Brent Dady
p.s. - I am curious about what kind of traffic you are getting through your website. How many members do you have? What is your current hit count? Average page views per day? Sorry to ask, but the guys upstairs require it.

-------------------------
Product Marketing Intern

Electronic Arts

250 Redwood Shores

--------------------------
</i>

I cannot go because of work, but they have offered the oppertunity to someone from the site (preferably staff). Please send me an email at shortpants@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in going (serious apps only, please) and why you should go. I have to make a decision within the next couple days. You get a free flight, food, transportation, and hotel. No guests.

I will probably be making a decision tonite, so I need answers today. BTW, going would mean that you'd have to take a lot of pictures and give a detailed report of everything you saw (for an EoFF article).

Baloki
07-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Now thats one hell of an ego boosting letter :D

sephxangel
07-29-2004, 10:58 AM
It would be fun to go, but I have only 3 more weeks of school and I need to go to these few remaining weeks. Personally I really do think a staff member should go. Happiness to person who goes!

Baloki
07-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I put my vote down for Leeza as I've been excessivly mean to her recently and shes not banned me so she should be rewarded :D

Calliope
07-29-2004, 12:03 PM
International flights? Pass the peanuts please!

sephxangel
07-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I put my vote down for Leeza as I've been excessivly mean to her recently and shes not banned me so she should be rewarded :D

yea why don't the members decide which staff member gets to go?

Loony BoB
07-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I would imagine it would more depend on who is available and how much they're willing to pay. I live in Scotland, I'm not available, and I doubt they'd pay for me anyway, for example. It's not exactly much notice for anyone well outside California. :) Note that the guy said he frequents EoFF daily - he might already know that Sean's in California so he might not be expecting a high cost.

Awesome stuff, though. It's always so cool when we get these things. :D

Citizen Bleys
07-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Send Unne.

Raistlin
07-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Send Yams. :D

Erdrick Holmes
07-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Send me. If I can get a ride there. Plus they're gving free food and hotel and stuff.

Rainecloud
07-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Sounds great. It's not often people receive e-mails like that...

I'm sure whoever gets to go will enjoy the experience.

Shoeberto
07-29-2004, 06:37 PM
I vote Matt, just because of how excited he said he was about the game.

Or Spiff, just because he's sexy.

Or Unne, because of previously stated reason.

escobert
07-29-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree Matt should go.

edczxcvbnm
07-29-2004, 07:17 PM
An all expenses payed trip all the way out to san fransico? Sounds like a sweet deal for who ever gets it. Good luck to you people.

bennator
07-29-2004, 11:31 PM
That's aan awesome deal...too bad I can't go, nor believe I'm the right one to go. Send Del Murder maybe?

Rase
07-29-2004, 11:41 PM
As much as I would LOVE to go, I think it'd be good to send Del Murder or Unne. Or a Staff Member who is really looking forward to the game (aka, Matt). Of course, if you have trouble finding someone, you know where to find me.

Congrats to the person who goes. You definatly going to have a good time.

-N-
07-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Matt's in San Diego - he'd be the logical choice, unless someone is closer.
I'm also in San Diego, but I'm not staff. :(

Del Murder
07-30-2004, 03:08 AM
It sounds interesting, but rather than send some local I'd much rather a person who hasn't seen The City before get a chance to score a once in a lifetime opportunity at a free trip.

EDIT: Is it just the one person they accomodate or are they allowed to bring a guest?

EDIT2: Heh, 'no guests'. Was that there the first time I read it? Probably.

escobert
07-30-2004, 03:10 AM
I was thinking about that Del but who in staff could go and isn't close? I would think it would be better to send a staff then anyone else.

Proxy
07-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Pardon for saying what a member must..but holy sh*t.
Its too bad you can't make it.
Del, you should apply. A well respected member of the site, as well as staff. I'm sure you'd get the trip & I bet the article will be great.
not to mention, you said it youself, this is a once in a life time opportunity, that quite a few want you to try for.

Yamaneko
07-30-2004, 04:27 AM
I'll go if Del goes.

Agent Proto
07-30-2004, 04:33 AM
How about both Yams and Del go. :D?

m4tt
07-30-2004, 04:58 AM
:O

I'd totally go, but the 5th is my birthday and I'm going to the Weird Al concert at SDSU that night. Plus I still have to work both days. :(

Man that game looks so freaking awesome.

-N-
07-30-2004, 05:00 AM
:O

I'd totally go, but the 5th is my birthday and I'm going to the Weird Al concert at SDSU that night. Plus I still have to work both days. :(

Man that game looks so freaking awesome.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!1111oneone :exdee:

Shlup
07-30-2004, 05:04 AM
So this is why you IM'd me this morning.

Are we road trippin', Seanie weenie? :D

m4tt
07-30-2004, 05:10 AM
So this is why you IM'd me this morning.

Are we road trippin', Seanie weenie? :D
You don't road trip when it's free air fair. :P

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-30-2004, 05:11 AM
Or Spiff, just because he's sexy.

This guy right here, I love him.

What time would we/i/them be getting back on Friday, if you know?

Del Murder
07-30-2004, 05:24 AM
He was talking to me.

-N-
07-30-2004, 05:57 AM
Has this gag gotten old yet?

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-30-2004, 06:25 AM
From the moment it started.

Del Murder
07-30-2004, 06:45 AM
I'll go if Del goes.
Well then you better pack your bags because I'm already here!

If you go, stay the extra day and I'll take you to the Giants game. Then we can root against them together.

Shlup
07-30-2004, 06:51 AM
You don't road trip when it's free air fair. :PShut yer pie hole!

Yamaneko
07-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Are the plane tickets round trip?

Shoeberto
07-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Where would the fun be in that?

Mikztsu
07-30-2004, 08:46 PM
I think I would be the most suitable representative.

Shlup
07-31-2004, 12:32 AM
I want to go. ;_;

Del Murder
07-31-2004, 04:24 AM
If Shlup goes I'll take her to a WNBA game, if they're even in season now.

Shlup
07-31-2004, 04:45 AM
They're only paying for one person, so Ashley's going.

Like I told Mrs. Sean: I don't want to go alone, and Ashley has friends whereever there are homeless people, therefore she is better suited.

MecaKane
08-01-2004, 05:45 AM
Ashley has friends whereever there are homeless people.

Ahaha <33

Have fun Ashley! :love:

VampireCrono
08-01-2004, 05:52 AM
Ok we all know because of my stupidity, lack of common sense, and the trait of not being able to remember things makes me eligible to represent EoFF :monster:

DMKA
08-01-2004, 05:55 AM
IS this only for people in Cali? I wish I was still there, I want to go so bad. ;__;

If I went I wouldn't leave. *bombs Oklahoma*

Of course I know I won't get to go so umm yeah anyone besides proto man is cool...and Del since hes in friggin Oakland.